PDA

View Full Version : USB issues

jeffro413
06-08-2016, 04:51 PM
i've searched for a thread on this, didn't see one - so sorry if its a repeat.

I have an iPhone 5s and it won't connect to my USB on my 2016 F6B. Anyone else having this issue?

pilotguy299
06-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Yes

traded it towards a 6s plus, and it works perfectly.

pickensace
06-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Just received this from Amazon and and linked it to my 5s and it works perfectly.

jeffro413
06-08-2016, 05:13 PM
i just plugged my phone into to a 2013 - same phone, same cord, same song. it works just fine in that bike.

jeffro413
06-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Just received this from Amazon and and linked it to my 5s and it works perfectly.

i have one also, maybe a different brand. it doesn't show what track im playing. says T 1 - and continues to play. i can still change the tracks, though. does yours say what track you're playing?

Ixol Phaane
06-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Just saying'... some 3rd party sync cables are less than ideal for this. I've ditched two myself to connect an iPod in there.

Genuine Apple cables seem to do just fine. Of course, they're more $. :banghead:

jeffro413
06-08-2016, 05:25 PM
Just saying'... some 3rd party sync cables are less than ideal for this. I've ditched two myself to connect an iPod in there.

Genuine Apple cables seem to do just fine. Of course, they're more $. :banghead:

they are Apply cords - been down that road on the '15

53driver
06-08-2016, 05:26 PM
i just plugged my phone into to a 2013 - same phone, same cord, same song. it works just fine in that bike.

Ummm, okay. That's silly.

On your bike, when pressed the Aux button twice, did it ever come up as iPod?

stroguy
06-08-2016, 05:29 PM

This

jeffro413
06-08-2016, 05:33 PM

i turn the bike off, plug in Apple cord to the bike and my phone. then turn the bike on, the battery flashes green (charging/plugged in) and then white (not charging/plugged in) anywhere from 3-11 times. twice now i've had it connect the phone and actually say iPod. but not long enough to have any music playing through.

53driver
06-08-2016, 05:42 PM
i turn the bike off, plug in Apple cord to the bike and my phone. then turn the bike on, the battery flashes green (charging/plugged in) and then white (not charging/plugged in) anywhere from 3-11 times. twice now i've had it connect the phone and actually say iPod. but not long enough to have any music playing through.

Got it. There's a short/disconnect somewhere in your bike's system. If that rig worked fine in a different bike - the issue is with your bike.

The trick is to get it to be a "measurable, observable, and repeatable" gripe for Honda to fix it.
With your phone connected, or anything else connected, by jiggling the USB connector/wire that's mounted to the bike, see if you can make the charging light go off and on at will.
Show that to Honda....they have work to do.
Best of luck,
Steve

unsub
06-08-2016, 07:25 PM
i've searched for a thread on this, didn't see one - so sorry if its a repeat.

I have an iPhone 5s and it won't connect to my USB on my 2016 F6B. Anyone else having this issue?

jeffro, have you cracked the user's manual? If not, start with Page 98 I think. Good luck!

Papa Tater
06-08-2016, 07:32 PM
When all else fails , disconnect the battery for at least 5 min and reconnect. It resets the system and a lot times will correct usb issues as I have seen in other posts.

cruzdog954
06-08-2016, 08:47 PM

Sounds like the bike needed a reboot...just like Windows 98. :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
06-08-2016, 09:48 PM
When all else fails , disconnect the battery for at least 5 min and reconnect. It resets the system and a lot times will correct usb issues as I have seen in other posts.

+2 Neg side.

SimonTemplar
06-09-2016, 02:09 AM
......I have an iPhone 5s and it won't connect to my USB on my 2016 F6B. Anyone else having this issue?

I've not tried with an iPhone, but I do use an iPod.

When I purchased my 6, I had a 4th Gen iPod Touch (32g) laying around not doing anything. So, I used it without any functional troubles whatsoever. My only gripe about it was that it was only 32G and the DAC chips in the 4th Gen aren't the best and can cause the sound to be a bit shrill over longer periods of time.

So....a month or so back, I purchased a 6th Gen iPod Touch (128G) and found that not only was it more storage, but it sounded a hell of a lot better than the 4thGen.

UNFORTUNATELY, I'm having troubles with the 6th Gen in that it will function for anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes and then just go stupid. IF you take it out and tap anything you want via the screen, all is well. But the F6B USB interface stops recognizing it...and eventually, it flashes "CHECK USB" on the bike screen.

I have tried Apple cables (actually pretty flimsy and not the greatest) as well as much better quality third-party cables...no change in behaviour.

I've even tried a full reset, data dump, and Restore/Recover on the 6th Gen....no difference.

Yet...the 4th Gen always works fine.

....sT

wjduke
06-09-2016, 04:25 AM
I couldn't get my 5s to work with the USB in my 2015. Went with a 32 thumb drive and it works perfectly. The 5s works through the cubby connection only. I'm done trying to figure out why and just listen to my music now.

pickensace
06-09-2016, 12:26 PM
i have one also, maybe a different brand. it doesn't show what track im playing. says T 1 - and continues to play. i can still change the tracks, though. does yours say what track you're playing?

No mine does the exact same thing.

SimonTemplar
06-20-2016, 01:11 AM
So....a month or so back, I purchased a 6th Gen iPod Touch (128G) and found that not only was it more storage, but it sounded a hell of a lot better than the 4thGen.

UNFORTUNATELY, I'm having troubles with the 6th Gen in that it will function for anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes and then just go stupid. IF you take it out and tap anything you want via the screen, all is well. But the F6B USB interface stops recognizing it...and eventually, it flashes "CHECK USB" on the bike screen.

I have tried Apple cables (actually pretty flimsy and not the greatest) as well as much better quality third-party cables...no change in behaviour.

I've even tried a full reset, data dump, and Restore/Recover on the 6th Gen....no difference.

Yet...the 4th Gen always works fine.

OK....everyone help me out here.

This is only for those using an iPod or iPhone...who have the same troubles that I do.....and for the people that have NEVER had ANY trouble. I am seeing some correlation with DRM protected files.

For those (using iPod or iPhone) who have these troubles.....pay attention to what is playing. BOTH when it craps out....and the tracks played just before it craps out (i.e. ...say within three tracks prior). Are ANY of those tracks DRM protected?

For those ...using an iPod or iPhone...who have NEVER had ANY troubles...do you have any DRM files at all on the device?

Answer here....or PM me....or even email me if you wish (simontemplar at macdotcom)

No need to list every DRM track you own or anything like that. Just the items I ask for above.....and perhaps, for those who do have DRM files, a ballpark guess as to how many DRM protected files you have.

....sT

53driver
06-20-2016, 08:03 AM
My 120 GB iPod Classic 6th generation would sometimes become unrecognized by the 6 after 2 minutes or 2 hours.
I began to associate it with significant "bumps" in the road.
I'd hit a bump, or series of bumps, see the USB error, pull over, touch a button, all would be "magically" better.

Once I mounted an old BlackBerry cell holder to the inside vertical wall of the pannier, and placed the iPod in it, that all went away.

That iPod eventually developed the "red X" - hard disk failure - and I'm now looking at an SSD replacement drive.

Since I have been using iTunes since well before 2009, I reckon a lot, if not all, my stuff is DRM.

Cheers,
Steve