PDA

View Full Version : Bestem Saddlebag liners.

Scotrod
09-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Decent price on E-bay right now. <50 bucks delivered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111111659965?item=111111659965&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

I have a set ordered. (I have no relationship with the Vendor)

Haven't used Bestem before. Limited 5 yr replacement warranty. Looks like, at a minimum, they should be a good 'use 'em every now and then' kinda liner.

Anybody else have 'em?

bobbyf6b
09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Those look nice, let us know what you think.

unsub
09-03-2013, 10:03 PM
The DO look good. I'm thinking that for somebody that might get a half dozen or so overnights a year they would last quite a while. Possibly surprising one with longevity.:icon_biggrin: AT that price two pair might be a good investment.

Scotrod
09-03-2013, 10:37 PM
3-5 uses a year would probably be average for me. They'll be sittin in the closet otherwise.

Never have 'worn' a set out, regardless of the manufacturer, so paying anything extra for ~top notch quality/supreme durability~ isn't going to reap any rewards.

Just want something that was designed specifically for the bike, not just a 'one size fits most' sack with handles,,, :shock:

bob109
09-04-2013, 04:04 AM
3-5 uses a year would probably be average for me. They'll be sittin in the closet otherwise.

Never have 'worn' a set out, regardless of the manufacturer, so paying anything extra for ~top notch quality/supreme durability~ isn't going to reap any rewards.

Just want something that was designed specifically for the bike, not just a 'one size fits most' sack with handles,,, :shock:

I bought a pair of those "one size fits most' "sacks with handles" which are actually "coolers" made by Coleman and do a superb job of neatly holding the array of "junk" I manage to carry in my hard bags. With carrying straps and the ability to keep a cold six pack of soda or iced tea chilled, they were well worth the $15.00 per bag. Although not "F6B motorcycle specific items" they will likely find little time sitting in a closet:icon_biggrin:

Here's my original thread with pics!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?412-Three-in-One-Saddlebag-Liners

Scotrod
09-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Yeppers, there's no one size fits all answer to everyones needs.
I keep my array to a minimum, just need something for clothes/motel during travel.

Scotrod
09-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Approx. 20 1/2 L at the longest point, 13 tall, and 7 wide.

One zippered full length interior pocket approx. 9 inches deep on the rear/back side of each bag (the side opposite the saddlebag opening / adjacent to tire)

Overall appearance and construction look pretty darn decent, especially for the price! :icon_biggrin:

If I had any one 'gripe' it might be that the interior zippered pouch(s) should be located on the outboard (opening) side of the bags. Still, not a deal breaker for my intended use,,,

If you are looking for a set of bag liners that won't break the bank and don't plan on hauling 180#'s of bricks in 'em each day, these are more than adequate! :yes:

edgeman55
09-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the review.I just ordered a set.

JesseS
09-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Just ordered a set, on sale for $37, thanks for the review

edgeman55
09-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Approx. 20 1/2 L at the longest point, 13 tall, and 7 wide.

One zippered full length interior pocket approx. 9 inches deep on the rear/back side of each bag (the side opposite the saddlebag opening / adjacent to tire)

Overall appearance and construction look pretty darn decent, especially for the price! :icon_biggrin:

If I had any one 'gripe' it might be that the interior zippered pouch(s) should be located on the outboard (opening) side of the bags. Still, not a deal breaker for my intended use,,,

If you are looking for a set of bag liners that won't break the bank and don't plan on hauling 180#'s of bricks in 'em each day, these are more than adequate! :yes:

Got mine today and all you said above is true.Bang for the buck these are really nice bags.Thanks again for the link to order these.