PDA

View Full Version : Kury Mini Boards?

Heavvyduty
06-10-2016, 07:33 AM
Looked at all the postings and didnt find my answer.
The Kury Mini boards with the 3/4 drop mount,s. Do they really drop your foot down 3/4 in. Looks like the boards sit on top of the mount. Has anyone measured them vs stock mounts. Dont want to waste my money.

Dave Ritsema
06-10-2016, 08:06 AM
The Kury Mini boards with the 3/4 drop mount,s. Do they really drop your foot down 3/4 in. Looks like the boards sit on top of the mount. Has anyone measured them vs stock mounts. Dont want to waste my money.

While I have not measured them I do feel like they gave me a bit more room. I also find them more comfortable than the stock pegs.

Old Ryder
06-10-2016, 12:01 PM
They do drop your feet down a bit. I think it is the bracket they bolt to that makes the difference if I remember correctly. I believe it is 1/2 inch. It does make a small difference.

1951vbs
06-10-2016, 06:48 PM

Yes they do drop your feet 1/2 to 3/4". I don't like them because they drag with my riding style. I have a like new chrome set I will sell you for 1/2 price of new plus shipping just PM me.

Heavvyduty
06-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Yes they do drop your feet 1/2 to 3/4". I don't like them because they drag with my riding style. I have a like new chrome set I will sell you for 1/2 price of new plus shipping just PM me.

Tks for the offer, But going with the black ones. Only chrome on my bike is the pipes.

Greg O
06-10-2016, 08:02 PM
I like mine a lot, very comfortable.

copper
06-11-2016, 01:07 AM
I like mine a lot, very comfortable.

:icon_ditto::icon_ditto:

F6BLK
06-18-2016, 02:27 PM
I put Mini's on a bit ago.. took some getting use to... shifter felt funny? really nothing wrong with stock Pegs!!
I say if you want boards go full size!! Chrome looks good with Blk!!

Dave Ritsema
06-18-2016, 09:31 PM
I have had good luck with them on my F6B and Goldwing, until a few days ago. I stepped up on my mini-board to throw my leg across the bike and the rubber part just popped off the metal part. It has some rubber pins molded into it that push thru the holes in the metal part of the board. No amount of soap, pressure, technique, etc. can get that sucker back on. I am guessing that Kuryakyn has some special process to put them back on but I have no means to do it. This particular set is about 4 months old, I am hoping they will warranty it.

TailGunner
06-19-2016, 09:14 AM
I had the same problem and called Kuryakyn to see if they had straight adapters that would work. They do but really not listed in the catalog.
Got them on Amazon
Kuryakyn 8808 Splined Adapter Mount
Sold by: Purely Power Sports
$24.29

SPGrenier
06-20-2016, 10:51 AM
I have had good luck with them on my F6B and Goldwing, until a few days ago. I stepped up on my mini-board to throw my leg across the bike and the rubber part just popped off the metal part. It has some rubber pins molded into it that push thru the holes in the metal part of the board. No amount of soap, pressure, technique, etc. can get that sucker back on. I am guessing that Kuryakyn has some special process to put them back on but I have no means to do it. This particular set is about 4 months old, I am hoping they will warranty it.

I would give them a call. I believe that they sell replacement rubber pads, so there must be a process to get them on.

SPGrenier
06-20-2016, 11:08 AM

I didn't take a measurement but the mini floorboards with the comfort drop mounts did make a small difference in lowering the boards. I wanted them to give me a little more help to get my toe under the shifter.

I spoke to the Kury reps at Americade this year about those Comfort Drop Mounts. I suggested that they sell them as a stand alone item.

I wanted to put the mini floor boards on the bike and wanted the "comfort drop mounts". They sell their "Premium Mini Floorboards" with the comfort drop mounts or the regular straight mounts. Your choice. However, I liked the style of their "Kinetic Mini Floorboards" which were only available with the straight mounts.

Being the stubborn guy that I am, I bought the Premium Mini Floorboards with the drop mounts an the Kinetic Mini Floorboards with the straight mounts. I then swapped out the mounts. I pirated the drop mounts from the Premium boards for use with the Kinetic boards. Then I added the straight mounts from the Kinetic boards to the Premium boards and resold them. It was a crazy and round about way to get the style and comfort that I wanted.

The rep suggested calling Kury to see if they could sell you just the Comfort Drop Mounts. Maybe with enough calls, it will become a stand alone item.

brianguy1979
06-20-2016, 01:13 PM

Still for sale? What would you need shipped?

Dave Ritsema
06-20-2016, 04:58 PM
I would give them a call. I believe that they sell replacement rubber pads, so there must be a process to get them on.

I called Kuryakyn and they wouldn't touch the claim unless I purchased directly from them. I tried to explain that I just needed one side and I had a receipt but told me I had to go thru whomever I purchased them from. I called Wingstuff and they are replacing the entire set as they don't have just piece parts. Congratulations Kuryakyn, your going to replace everything instead of one small part. :icon_doh:

mercator1
06-22-2016, 02:23 AM
I wanted them to give me a little more help to get my toe under the shifter.

The one thing I didn't like about the F6B when I demo'd it was that you have to point your toe down in an unnatural fashion to get it under the shifter. The positioning seems all wrong to me. If you have a stiff soled boot on, then bending it down would have to be tough.

Dave Ritsema
06-22-2016, 06:27 AM
The mini boards are splined so you can adjust the angle of the board to give you some additional toe room. It also has three lateral mounting options so you can back the board up towards the rear of the bike to give you additional clearance as well.

Winston
06-24-2016, 01:54 PM
I got my mini boards today, will give my opinion after a long dayride this weekend