PDA

View Full Version : Lost a good riding friend

yellow rex
06-11-2016, 07:44 AM
Last week my #1 riding friend went back to a 2016 Road Glide after 6 months of owning a 2015 blue F6b.

pilotguy299
06-11-2016, 07:48 AM
I guess that he just wanted to feel more vibrations and ride slower...

stroguy
06-11-2016, 08:18 AM
They know not what they do.

opas ride
06-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Went for a short ride this morning before my Granddaughters graduation party and saw probably 35/40 Harley's, a couple Vic's and a few sport bikes....No F6B's or anything close to it....I suppose those that "ride with the herd" are impressed, but I am not....Love my F6B and the smooth power, handling, comfort, and all else.....Ride safe

wjduke
06-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Went for a short ride this morning before my Granddaughters graduation party and saw probably 35/40 Harley's, a couple Vic's and a few sport bikes....No F6B's or anything close to it....I suppose those that "ride with the herd" are impressed, but I am not....Love my F6B and the smooth power, handling, comfort, and all else.....Ride safe

Same here. Very few 6's, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be "another one of those". Those are nice bikes, I looked at the 15's, but I went with reliability over peer pressure.

SoCal Rich
06-11-2016, 11:19 AM
But, he can still be your #1 riding friend. We need to be nice to those Harley people!

jm21ddd15
06-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Sad to lose a rider to the Herd. I suppose he had a whole closet full of H-D clothing that was not being used. That stuff ain't cheap, either. Many of us came from the V-twin world, maybe he also missed the noise. I sure don't. I don't have the need to make noise anymore. Love the 6 and it's own sound. Well, maybe he will still ride with you, just have some earplugs along.

Retired Army
06-11-2016, 11:37 AM
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

53driver
06-12-2016, 12:41 AM
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

...got to find AND re-read that book....
It's somewhere in the house.

3Chief
06-12-2016, 02:58 AM
Harley's are just natures way of making you appreciate the B. Deep down most of us have always wanted a Harley...An unfortunate few actually got one, the rest of us didn't fall for that trap. :icon_biggrin:

blueverclear
06-12-2016, 05:14 AM
I really really love my f6b, its one of the best riding bikes I have ever had that's for sure. But even though I love it, doesn't mean that the road glide is not a great bike also. I test road one and I was impressed for sure, almost bought it and would have been happy on it im sure after a few suspension and motor tweaks.

There is a reason why 35 of the 40 bikes you see are Harleys. When you walk into the dealers, they actually do their best to earn your business not like the Honda shops which most of them could really care less about your business or not. And as for the look, the new entertainment system in the road bikes, and the "Harley brotherhood" all makes a difference with your buying experience. And don't talk about the aftermarket possibilities in comparison to the Honda..... it's light years different that's for sure. They do they "little things" that make a big difference with your purchase.

Im still happy I bought the F6B but the newer Harley touring bikes are definitely very nice. Would never replace my f6b with one but would definitely add one to the stable if I so feel the need. Just my $0.02

shooter
06-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Harley builds a good looking bike. But we all know that performance is subpar. If you look at HD , Victory , or Indian or any of the Metric bikes HD is sucking hind tit in performance. For the price , that is unacceptable.

wantone
06-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Nothing wrong with that!! I went from F6B to Indian chieftain and just bought 2016 Street Glide special. Street Glide just fits me better. This is my 13th bike in less than 4 yrs. Its shakes like crazy but I'm having more fun on street glide than any other motorcycle I've had. In less than 1 month I already have close to 5k miles on it. I had chieftain for less than 6 weeks and put close to 3k miles, but didn't like the fit. So traded it in for street glide.

It's all about what moves your soul. Ride what you want. If F6 came with reverse, I'll be back to F6 again. I just love to ride without any brand affinity.

seadog
06-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Harley's are just natures way of making you appreciate the B. Deep down most of us have always wanted a Harley...An unfortunate few actually got one, the rest of us didn't fall for that trap. :icon_biggrin:

Never ever wanted a Harley, I have had the majority of my bikes have been Honda with a couple of odd one's in there. The Suzuki M109R I liked the look from the first time I saw it and when I walked into a Suzuki dealer and the 07 Red one was sitting there right by the door, I drove it home. The other odd ball was a dirt bike an Ossa 250 Phantom. What a wild ride that one was. But never had any want for a Harley in all my biking year. Nothing leaking oil on my garage floor.

glide one
06-12-2016, 06:00 PM
I rode 400 miles yesterday on my street glide so I could appreciate the smoothness of the F6
They are both good machines, just different.

Glide