PDA

View Full Version : Help

valkmc
06-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Anybody near Fort Mill Sc exit 88 on I-77. Just hit a full size pallet at 75 mph. Didn't go down but it tore the shit of of the trailer I was pulling and the bike has a low speed rubbing noise.

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Use your insurance to get back home and have any needed repair done.
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

valkmc
06-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Use your insurance to get back home and have any needed repair done.
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

Yea I was just looking for some input on the two local dealerships should have been more specific but was a little shaky at the time. Bike is at the local dealership and has a severely bent front rim and rear rim. The final drive is leaking and if you spin the rear wheel it makes a crazy noise. It tore up the Harbour freight tag along I was pulling. It hit so had it popped some of the plastic around the dash. I am glad I was on a Gold Wing. Progressive gas been great so far and the tow company Ried's and the driver John were great also. Sucks I am so far from home but my son who lives in Colombia drove an hour to pick me up and we are currently drinking beer and eating wings.

Bryster
06-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Whoa! That's an impact to do that! Glad to hear you're ok!

:shock:

jm21ddd15
06-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Glad to hear your OK. Sounds like your 6 is gonna get "totaled". I would be wary of hidden damage, or bent forks, frame, if they try to fix it. Enjoy the beers! I saw a pallet on the shoulder of the hiway, a couple days ago, and thought about what would happen if I hit it. Now I know. :yikes:

valkmc
06-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Glad to hear your OK. Sounds like your 6 is gonna get "totaled". I would be wary of hidden damage, or bent forks, frame, if they try to fix it. Enjoy the beers! I saw a pallet on the shoulder of the hiway, a couple days ago, and thought about what would happen if I hit it. Now I know. :yikes:

Little over 5k, two rims and two tires. Coolant box and final drive. Adjuster said he expected damage they could not see and he will check any they find and issue a 2nd check if needed. I'm concerned about the forks an head bearings, etc. Dealer won't replace my Michelin Alpin so I will be getting the OEM tires.