PDA

View Full Version : By the numbers...

MichaelG
09-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I am still on the road. Not that fart away from home, but more than 1200 miles today, so I decided to stop, and ride in the AM, probably in the rain, and finish in coller weather.

# 1...Dwight Kelley was transfered from the medical center last Friday, at 3:27 pm, and was transfered to the Mission Hospital in Asheville, NC. He was NOT released, as we were told. He does not even remember being transported in the ambulance later that day, from the medical center to the hospital in Asheville, as he thought he was simply changing rooms. That is how far out of it he was...and is.

He is in Room # 527, at the Mission Hospital, ,in Asheville, NC.

When I talked to him last, on Monday, he was getting set to have a couple operations, to have pins set into both wrists. His ribs hurt, DUH !, and he had bleeding from his spleen.
He "says" he had no head injury, which I believe he is wrong, as in the 3 times I have talked to him, he was not lucid. :icon_doh:

The bike is 100 % destroyed. Nothing salvageable.

# 2...Hornblower...how is your Brother, Luther ?????? Please let me know.

# 3..I want to THANK Phantom, Steve, and the entire gang that put on such a great event in Franklin. it was a hoot, and the food cokked by Phantom and Steve was the BEST.

Seriolusly, you guys did a great job, and I THANK YOU. :clap2:

I will be home tomorrow. With over 18,000 miles on the front tire now, it still looks good. Those at the rally can tell you how well it was wearing, and it still looks good.
Despite my attacking the Dragon's Tail, then the Cherohala Skyway, and scrubbing the edges on both sides from those efforts, the tire still looks good. I will take pictures when I get home.

The bike will be 5 months old on Friday, in 2 days, and it will have 18,550 miles on it in that time.

Again, please give good thoughts for Dwight Kelley, the Maryland rider that went down during the Rally, and...thank you again to Phantom and Steve for hosting such a great event.

bobbyf6b
09-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Best wishes to Dwight, I had no idea. First I heard about it.

Phantom
09-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Miles, thank You for the update on Dwight, I have been trying to reach him since monday. If you speak to him before I do tell him that I have all of his personal belongings and will ship them to his home when he wants for me to do so.

Miles, Thank You for your assistance at the Rally and Thank You for the kind words, glad that you enjoyed the event. It was the attendees that made it a great success.:beer3:

1951vbs
09-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Miles, It was nice to meet you and others at the rally even though I had very little time. I only saw Dwights bike in the ditch as I went by and it didn't look good. Hopefully he is on the mend. Glad to know you made good time on the way home. Ride safe! Oh I miss the days of riding 5000 miles a month-NOT!

Big Dawg
09-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Hey Kilometers, Ride safe brother. It was a pleasure meeting you and a lot of fun riding with you! I sincerely hope our paths cross again some day. You always have a place to stay over here on the "right side" of the country.

Cheers

Limbuck
09-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Miles. So good to hear the update on Dwight. We'll keep him in our prayers. You are one interesting character and Mary and I were happy to meet you. Glad to hear you are almost home. You have well earned your handle "Miles". Hopefully our paths will cross again one day. At least you have your next set of tires covered. Be safe brother.

Hornblower
09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
# 2...Hornblower...how is your Brother, Luther ?????? Please let me know.

Miles-Thanks for asking about my brother. All considered, he is doing fine. He has now been to Urgent Care 3 times to treat his leg injury. As it turned out, the initial treatment he received at Angel Medical Center in Franklin was very, very sub par. The PA there didn't clean the wound properly which has now led to a worrisome infection. He is scheduled to go back to Urgent Care this coming Saturday to check on it again (that will be the 4th trip to ER's). Anyway, we're now praying the infection will clear up and not further escalate.

Also, thanks for checking on Dwight and giving us the update.

Finally, it sounds like we need to pray for you as well. So it really was you that was struck by lightning! Wow, add this to the list of tall tales you can tell. Not many could have that happen and live to tell about it. Do you think the electronics in your helmet had something to do with that? Anyway, I will be praying for your full recovery. I truly enjoyed meeting and talking with you at the rally and will look forward to doing it again.

MichaelG
09-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Miles-Thanks for asking about my brother. All considered, he is doing fine. He has now been to Urgent Care 3 times to treat his leg injury. As it turned out, the initial treatment he received at Angel Medical Center in Franklin was very, very sub par. The PA there didn't clean the wound properly which has now led to a worrisome infection. He is scheduled to go back to Urgent Care this coming Saturday to check on it again (that will be the 4th trip to ER's). Anyway, we're now praying the infection will clear up and not further escalate.

Also, thanks for checking on Dwight and giving us the update.

Hornblower, I wish the best for Luther. Too bad thery did not clean the wound at the first medical facility. The infection can be worse than the injury.

Please let me know how he progresses.

And I will keep up with how Dwight Kelley is doing.

Thanks,

Miles