PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speaker Connector Harness F6B

Papa Tater
06-16-2016, 06:21 PM
I have started my project of adding a Subwoofer and amp. I have read all of the post's going back to 2013 and when it comes to info on a plug in harness for the F6B's - for the rear speakers there is none. I have seen where others have just either cut the connecter, posi lock connecter, spliced-etc. I just want to be able to plug into the lead on the pass side rear, and unplug and if I ever want to remove added on stuff -speakers, amp -etc. After doing a lot of research I tried 1st with my local Honda dealer parts guy, he was very helpful and made some calls to Honda with no luck, even tried for Goldwings with no luck. I decided to explore and remove my seat, untape and pull off the the connector cover cap and take pictures, size and dimensions to try and match up. After a couple of hours on Google Images -typing in all kinds of connectors, plugs, Honda, - etc. The connector that Show Chrome and other Vendors sell for the Goldwings for 2001-2006 that did not have rears speakers for $29.95 is NOT COMPATABLE, I found a post on that. *** Well I finally found a connector and wires that will work and here's the info, believe it or not. What will work is a heated oxygen sensor with 4 wires for the following cars- 1994-1997 Geo tracker, 1998 Chevrolet Tracker, 1994-1997 Pontiac Sunrunner, 1995-2000 Suzuki Esteem, 1993-1998 Suzuki Sidekick, 1996-1998 Suzuki X-90 with this connector (see my pics). Here are some part#'s Bosch 13073 Denso 2344060. Hope this helps for others who may want to add rear speakers.

Steve 0080
06-16-2016, 09:31 PM
I would contact Jimmytee...he is the man!

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5835-Easy-Stereo-Add-on

blueverclear
06-16-2016, 10:34 PM
I have started my project of adding a Subwoofer and amp. I have read all of the post's going back to 2013 and when it comes to info on a plug in harness for the F6B's - for the rear speakers there is none. I have seen where others have just either cut the connecter, posi lock connecter, spliced-etc. I just want to be able to plug into the lead on the pass side rear, and unplug and if I ever want to remove added on stuff -speakers, amp -etc. After doing a lot of research I tried 1st with my local Honda dealer parts guy, he was very helpful and made some calls to Honda with no luck, even tried for Goldwings with no luck. I decided to explore and remove my seat, untape and pull off the the connector cover cap and take pictures, size and dimensions to try and match up. After a couple of hours on Google Images -typing in all kinds of connectors, plugs, Honda, - etc. The connector that Show Chrome and other Vendors sell for the Goldwings for 2001-2006 that did not have rears speakers for $29.95 is NOT COMPATABLE, I found a post on that. *** Well I finally found a connector and wires that will work and here's the info, believe it or not. What will work is a heated oxygen sensor with 4 wires for the following cars- 1994-1997 Geo tracker, 1998 Chevrolet Tracker, 1994-1997 Pontiac Sunrunner, 1995-2000 Suzuki Esteem, 1993-1998 Suzuki Sidekick, 1996-1998 Suzuki X-90 with this connector (see my pics). Here are some part#'s Bosch 13073 Denso 2344060. Hope this helps for others who may want to add rear speakers.

That's really good info Papa thanks! How much does that o2 sensor cost? I put some rear speakers on my bike and used the posi-taps which were quick and easy to install. Also, if you ever want to unplug it using the 02 sensor plug, you would have to take the seat off which I didn't want to do so I added my own 4 wire plug right past the seat so that If I wanted to take my tour pak and speakers off I could do so without taking off the seat. Here is a thread of what I did.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8650-Speaker-Pods-on-Chopped-Tour-Pak-installed!&highlight=rear+speakers

What type of subwoofer and amp setup or you looking at and where will you be installing?

Grant

Papa Tater
06-17-2016, 07:15 AM
That's really good info Papa thanks! How much does that o2 sensor cost? I put some rear speakers on my bike and used the posi-taps which were quick and easy to install. Also, if you ever want to unplug it using the 02 sensor plug, you would have to take the seat off which I didn't want to do so I added my own 4 wire plug right past the seat so that If I wanted to take my tour pak and speakers off I could do so without taking off the seat. Here is a thread of what I did.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8650-Speaker-Pods-on-Chopped-Tour-Pak-installed!&highlight=rear+speakers

What type of subwoofer and amp setup or you looking at and where will you be installing?

Grant

I'm putting a box on the back - small tour pack. The subwoofer is a Kicker 6-3/4 with a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt 1 channel Amp - the 02 sensor is all over the map in pricing .

Macs_F6B
06-17-2016, 07:47 AM
I have started my project of adding a Subwoofer and amp. <snip>

Hey, great post.....

So does this mean to utilize those rear speaker wires you need another amp?

I always thought 2 more speaker on the lower fairing would be nice.... see pic (yellow)... but I'd rather not add an amp, not real skilled in that arena...

Papa Tater
06-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Hey, great post.....

I always thought 2 more speaker on the lower fairing would be nice.... see pic (yellow)... but I'd rather not add an amp, not real skilled in that arena...

There are other posts on rear or added speakers , you do not need to add an amp if going with same or equivalent speakers . This is the connector you need to plug in, if you don't want to cut or tap into rear speaker harness.

Macs_F6B
06-17-2016, 11:29 AM
There are other posts on rear or added speakers , you do not need to add an amp if going with same or equivalent speakers . This is the connector you need to plug in, if you don't want to cut or tap into rear speaker harness.

Cool thanks, kinda weird had to work so hard to find a connector, Honda should pay you for your work :icon_biggrin:

98valk
06-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Hey, great post.....

You can do that with the OEM amp and rear speaker wiring (thanks Papa for all the work). But, I believe that you will find that it is real hard to hear the speakers in that location with just the stock amp.

Putting a set on the handlebars may be sufficient, or in the cubby. And you still may need an extra amp to match the front speakers loudness (those darn things are real efficient).

Papa Tater
06-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Cool thanks, kinda weird had to work so hard to find a connector, Honda should pay you for your work :icon_biggrin:

I know, Thanks

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-17-2016, 03:31 PM
http://www.cycleterminal.com/motorcycle-connectors.html

These guys usually carry most connectors.

Papa Tater
06-17-2016, 03:52 PM
http://www.cycleterminal.com/motorcycle-connectors.html

These guys usually carry most connectors.

Thanks , I had found a few companies that sold those- but were over seas and had to order a min of 30 connectors and had to wait 40 days. Did not see this company on a Google search for connector and USA. That's good to know and I did find this connector on their site.

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Thanks , I had found a few companies that sold those- but were over seas and had to order a min of 30 connectors and had to wait 40 days. Did not see this company on a Google search for connector and USA. That's good to know and I did find this connector on their site.

Sorry I hadn't read your post until today.
Anyway, hope the reference helps out.
Jim

Papa Tater
06-17-2016, 04:50 PM
Sorry I hadn't read your post until today.
Anyway, hope the reference helps out.
Jim

Yes and thanks, - That's what is good about this forum to share info , findings. I have seen so many posts for so many things that have been helpful. Hope this will help others as well.