PDA

View Full Version : Heel Toe Shifters

Greg O
06-17-2016, 03:18 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but I really miss this feature on my bike. I know there are a few after market options, but I also read it's not recommended for our transmissions. Doesn't the Full Wing come with a Heel Toe Shifters? Is there any recommendations of a company that makes a high quality unit. Which company's should I stay away from, or should I forget about putting a Heel Toe Shifters on the F6B altogether.

Big Cat
06-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Lots of heel-toe shifters in use on Goldwings, and I never heard of any transmission failures.

Many use Kuryakin, I used the Rivco which may be a higher quality product.

Greg O
06-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Lots of heel-toe shifters in use on Goldwings, and I never heard of any transmission failures.

Many use Kuryakin, I used the Rivco which may be a higher quality product.

Wasn't there a Trike company that sold their own parts to relocate the shifter or a Heel/Toe shifter.

okf6b
06-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Wasn't there a Trike company that sold their own parts to relocate the shifter or a Heel/Toe shifter.

Trikeshop.com (http://trikeshop.com/news/4192012/)

Greg O
06-18-2016, 09:21 AM
That's it Roadsmith.

No Handle Sam
06-18-2016, 11:01 AM
This is from another post I made to another thread on this same subject...

I purchased these from another member a few months ago (I believe he was selling his F6 and took all of the goodies off before he sold it?) and just never got around to doing anything with them. If you're interested in giving them a try I would let them go for $200. (which is what I paid for them)

and I'll make the same offer that I did on the other thread...

I'm happy to send you the Show Chrome floorboards if you like. Put them on, try them, if you like them we can strike a deal… if you don't send them back. Your call. Just send me a PM with the address you would like me to ship them to.

kenny urban
06-20-2016, 09:07 AM
I know this has been brought up before, but I really miss this feature on my bike. I know there are a few after market options, but I also read it's not recommended for our transmissions. Doesn't the Full Wing come with a Heel Toe Shifters? Is there any recommendations of a company that makes a high quality unit. Which company's should I stay away from, or should I forget about putting a Heel Toe Shifters on the F6B altogether.there was a post on the GL1800riders board a while ago,,
It showed a Honda service DEPT. Sign"will not do warnnty work on bikes with Heel-Toe shifters Installed",,It was a 3 foot by 6 foot sign,, what ever became of that.
KennyU

Chas
06-20-2016, 09:15 AM
This is from another post I made to another thread on this same subject...

I purchased these from another member a few months ago (I believe he was selling his F6 and took all of the goodies off before he sold it?) and just never got around to doing anything with them. If you're interested in giving them a try I would let them go for $200. (which is what I paid for them)

and I'll make the same offer that I did on the other thread...

I'm happy to send you the Show Chrome floorboards if you like. Put them on, try them, if you like them we can strike a deal… if you don't send them back. Your call. Just send me a PM with the address you would like me to ship them to.

I have this same set up on my bike and it works great. I have used heel toe shifters for over 20 years. I personally find them more comfortable. Just takes a few miles to get used to it. As for warranty issue, my shop has no such restriction.