PDA

View Full Version : Honda of Russellville

taxfree4
06-18-2016, 11:30 AM
Just added a 4 year extended warranty through Honda of Russellville, my 3 year original is just about up. They have a special for forum members, $499 + tax. The whole process took 8 minutes, that's what my phone said anyway, great outfit to deal with.

Davidk
06-18-2016, 12:13 PM
What department did u speak with?

willtill
06-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Just added a 4 year extended warranty through Honda of Russellville, my 3 year original is just about up. They have a special for forum members, $499 + tax. The whole process took 8 minutes, that's what my phone said anyway, great outfit to deal with.

That's a good price. I called them last year but did'nt get a call back or follow up

There's a woman in the finance department that handles the extended warrantys (beer is keeping me from remembering her name at the moment). :icon_doh:

53driver
06-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Honda of Russellville (one of our supporting vendors) has a Honda 4 year extended warranty available for our members at a great price. One exception, they cannot sell to Florida residents.

Per the State of Florida regulations …… Florida Residents need to purchase through a Florida dealership. If you have an out of state address (2nd home/alternative address) that can be used then HOR can sell you a warranty also using that non-Florida address. Your warranty will still be good with Florida dealerships even though the address on the warranty is of another address that you may have.

You must call Honda of Russellville and ask for Melony at 1-888-753-0405

:icon_cool::yes:

From another thread on this topic......

stevenolts
06-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Did they give you information on a number to call when you have a problem?
I never received a number to call.
Steve

RickJ
06-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Did they give you information on a number to call when you have a problem?
I never received a number to call.
Steve

They probably figure you'll never have a problem.?!?

taxfree4
06-18-2016, 08:08 PM
What department did u speak with?

Called the main number and told them I wanted to purchase an extended warranty, they transferred me, gave them the VIN# my credit card and it was done.

taxfree4
06-18-2016, 08:11 PM

Steve,

You can use my address although you would have to work on your Brooklyn accent, do you have a copy of "Goodfellas".

53driver
06-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Steve,

You can use my address although you would have to work on your Brooklyn accent, do you have a copy of "Goodfellas".

Yo, I jist yused my Philly address. Iz good.

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 03:45 AM
Yo, I jist yused my Philly address. Iz good.

You Philly people always talked funny, Pat's or Geno's?

53driver
06-19-2016, 09:56 AM
You Philly people always talked funny, Pat's or Geno's?

If I find myself there? Whichever line is shorter.
I prefer Tony Luke's....

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 12:09 PM
If I find myself there? Whichever line is shorter.
I prefer Tony Luke's....

Ooh, an inside tip, never tried that place. BTW if anyone calls Honda of Russellville for the extended warranty mention the forum but whatever you do don't mention Tony's name, they charged me $20 extra for an "annoyance fee".

BIGLRY
06-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Ooh, an inside tip, never tried that place. BTW if anyone calls Honda of Russellville for the extended warranty mention the forum but whatever you do don't mention Tony's name, they charged me $20 extra for an "annoyance fee".:lolup::stirthepot:

53driver
06-19-2016, 01:14 PM
Ooh, an inside tip, never tried that place. BTW if anyone calls Honda of Russellville for the extended warranty mention the forum but whatever you do don't mention Tony's name, they charged me $20 extra for an "annoyance fee".

Geno's & Pat's are fun, touristy places.

Philly natives go to Tony Luke's.
Under the 95 overpass, where Oregon Ave goes from East to West.
Most tasty.

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 01:42 PM

Most tasty.

2 hours from me I'll try to get there this week.

53driver
06-19-2016, 01:52 PM
2 hours from me I'll try to get there this week.

FedEx me one, will ya? I miss those things......

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 04:44 PM
FedEx me one, will ya? I miss those things......

Don't dare me Steve, if there's a dry ice place near, and you should know, I'll send you a case full.

Felloverboard
06-19-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Honda of Russellville (one of our supporting vendors) has a Honda 4 year extended warranty available for our members at a great price. One exception, they cannot sell to Florida residents.

Per the State of Florida regulations …… Florida Residents need to purchase through a Florida dealership. If you have an out of state address (2nd home/alternative address) that can be used then HOR can sell you a warranty also using that non-Florida address. Your warranty will still be good with Florida dealerships even though the address on the warranty is of another address that you may have.

You must call Honda of Russellville and ask for Melony at 1-888-753-0405
>>>>>>>>>>>
Not entirely true. You cannot buy any insurance or warranty products online or on the phone out of staste if your residence is Florida. However you can go to other states in person with the bike and your ID and purchase either. This law is to protect the retired crowd in FL from scams online and the phone. This also causes FL rates to be much higher. I bought my warranty in NC and I live in the Orlando area.

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 04:50 PM
:lolup::stirthepot:

Larry,

It's just a test to see if Tony actually reads the posts. It was like when I was a Field Technician for New York Telephone. We used to hand in a job report daily on the repairs we did and just for fun I used to write down "ran drop wire 100 ft. 3 inches" just to see if the foreman ever said "What are you joking with the 3 inches", they never did because they never read them.

stevenolts
06-19-2016, 05:14 PM
I meant did they give you a number to call for road side service if you break down?
What information will they need when you call? VIN number etc...

Hopefully I will never need it but it should cover flat tire / tow when down / gas drop off etc... correct??

I guess I should have looked into this more when I bought the extended warranty with road side.
Steve

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 05:42 PM
I meant did they give you a number to call for road side service if you break down?
What information will they need when you call? VIN number etc...

Hopefully I will never need it but it should cover flat tire / tow when down / gas drop off etc... correct??

I guess I should have looked into this more when I bought the extended warranty with road side.
Steve

It is an extension of your original warranty, flat tire - no, tow - depending if it's caused by a manufacturers defect, gas drop off - definitely no (there is no stupidity clause). I buy the extended warranty for one reason and one reason only - this bike is bullet-proof BUT if there is an electronic problem i.e. ECU, short circuit, blowing fuses et.al, one repair will pay for itself. As I get older, I'm 55, $125 a year for piece of mind is a cheap price to pay because I AIN'T getting rid of this bike as it the most satisfying machine I ever had and it will take me directly into the nursing home. As far as the other stuff - flat tire (get a tire plug kit), tow when down (get the AAA add on), gas refill (make your half your empty).

stroguy
06-19-2016, 06:54 PM

Most tasty.

Yep, Pats and Genos are all hype. The local hole in the wall make a much better Philly. Before I left, Superior Pizza was my favorite.

stevenolts
06-19-2016, 08:24 PM
Road Hazard was an additional option with the extended warranty. (additional fee covers the entire 7 years)
Steve

Phantom
06-20-2016, 01:12 AM
You cannot buy any insurance or warranty products online or on the phone out of state if your residence is Florida.

100% incorrect ... I have resided in Florida for several decades, purchased 4-5 Extended warranty policies over the phone for my Honda Runes and my Happy rear end never left this state. I even cancelled 2 of the policies directly through Honda before they took effect.

Larry,

It's just a test to see if Tony actually reads the posts. It was like when I was a Field Technician for New York Telephone. We used to hand in a job report daily on the repairs we did and just for fun I used to write down "ran drop wire 100 ft. 3 inches" just to see if the foreman ever said "What are you joking with the 3 inches", they never did because they never read them.

They probably just ignored the comments :f2::f2:

taxfree4
06-20-2016, 04:18 AM
100% incorrect ... I have resided in Florida for several decades, purchased 4-5 Extended warranty policies over the phone for my Honda Runes and my Happy rear end never left this state. I even cancelled 2 of the policies directly through Honda before they took effect.

They probably just ignored the comments :f2::f2:

You passed

Felloverboard
06-20-2016, 06:53 AM

You passed

I am a 520 All-Lines ins adjuster. That is FL Law. Honda of Florida is even a different division for warranty repair work in FL even tho they honor each others in all 50 states. Call Honda, you will find out fast. How you did it I do not know, perhaps an agent did not know the facts. You are able to purchase over the phone, but not on the phone or online to out of state. You would have to go through a FL licensed agent. The normal Honda warranty is not for sale in FL, tho the same thing and honored wherever you go in the USA. Your call may have been transfered to the correct agency in FL.

Phantom
06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
You passed

I wasn't asking to be graded, you have wayyyyy too much time on your hand.
You will be responsible at the Rally for checking everyones turn signal fluid levels.
We need to keep you busy :moon:

I am a 520 All-Lines ins adjuster. That is FL Law. Honda of Florida is even a different division for warranty repair work in FL even tho they honor each others in all 50 states. Call Honda, you will find out fast. How you did it I do not know, perhaps an agent did not know the facts. You are able to purchase over the phone, but not on the phone or online to out of state. You would have to go through a FL licensed agent. The normal Honda warranty is not for sale in FL, tho the same thing and honored wherever you go in the USA. Your call may have been transfered to the correct agency in FL.

I am very well aware of Honda of Florida. Just like TorQ Loops are not authorized in the State that they are manufactured in (KALIFOURNIA) yet many in the state have them installed.

You purchase the policies through a Dealership NOT a insurance agent. The Dealerships don't care as long as you have an alternate address. They are selling you a large ticket item over the phone and that is what they care about. My calls were NEVER transferred to anyone outside of the Dealerships.

taxfree4
06-20-2016, 12:52 PM
I wasn't asking to be graded, you have wayyyyy too much time on your hand.
You will be responsible at the Rally for checking everyones turn signal fluid levels.
We need to keep you busy :moon:

I am very well aware of Honda of Florida. Just like TorQ Loops are not authorized in the State that they are manufactured in (KALIFOURNIA) yet many in the state have them installed.

You purchase the policies through a Dealership NOT a insurance agent. The Dealerships don't care as long as you have an alternate address. They are selling you a large ticket item over the phone and that is what they care about. My calls were NEVER transferred to anyone outside of the Dealerships.

Don't be a hater of us retired folk, it's not easy waking up, having your oatmeal, watching a Gunsmoke and then putting a day together. I'll try to help you out at the rally but between bourbon tastings, drone flying, day hikes and scenic photography the only fluid level I'll be checking is how much beer I have in the cooler.

Felloverboard
06-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Don't be a hater of us retired folk, it's not easy waking up, having your oatmeal, watching a Gunsmoke and then putting a day together. I'll try to help you out at the rally but between bourbon tastings, drone flying, day hikes and scenic photography the only fluid level I'll be checking is how much beer I have in the cooler.

TRY THIS.... Call your local Florida dealer and ask. Then call a Georgia Dealer. Then call a NC Dealer. ect. Tell them each where you live and where your bike is titled.