PDA

View Full Version : Weight

Heavvyduty
06-18-2016, 01:08 PM
Has anybody weighed the add on,s we put on are bike,s. I got my mini boards an hwy pegs this week . Has to be12 to 15lbs added on.

willtill
06-18-2016, 02:19 PM
....and elsewhere on this board, someone though I was obsessing. :shock:

Sorcerer
06-18-2016, 03:07 PM
BGLY may know the exact numbers but if I remember correctly for every 10# it takes 1 HP to move it. The more junk you add or carry on the bike the slower it becomes. 🙈🙉🙊

shooter
06-18-2016, 03:20 PM
Theoretically if I can lose enough weight I can beat a fat guy on a ZX14.

53driver
06-18-2016, 03:49 PM
Max added capacity is 410 lbs.
Put a solo seat on her and don't sweat it!

Retired Army
06-18-2016, 04:43 PM
I added 1204# of trike farkles and it's still fast enough to get a speeding ticket. And it is two wheel drive.

seadog
06-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Has anybody weighed the add on,s we put on are bike,s. I got my mini boards an hwy pegs this week . Has to be12 to 15lbs added on.

I think that the big six will give a rats ass as to how much you put on the bike, when you twist the throttle it will launch like it always does unless your timing it to the second from zero to sixty. JMHO

BIGLRY
06-18-2016, 06:16 PM
BGLY may know the exact numbers but if I remember correctly for every 10# it takes 1 HP to move it. The more junk you add or carry on the bike the slower it becomes. tuv
Yea, with my 400lb carcass it is like I'm riding two up all the time.:shhh:
My "Mr. Jekill & Hyde" exhaust system added 10.8 lb. over the OEM pipes with the GL passenger floor boards adding another 5 lb. net, but I lost 9 lb. with removing cat and adding Torq Loopz. The HeliBars were a net gain 4 lb. and the Klockwerks shield was a net gain of 1.5 lb. over OEM. The RDL saddle was a net gain of 6 lb. over OEM. The bag's carpet liners and front fender extender(1.3 oz.) 1 lb total net gain.

My totally un-scientific 'Butt Dyno' says I have gained approximately 7 to 10 RWHP with the exhaust mods, I'll know for sure the next time I do a Dyno pull with some Rune cams I have setting on the shelf(I'll do before and after install runs). I plan on installing them as soon as I run out the warranty. The Rune cams are a more torque cam than the OEM GL1800 cams that are in the F6B now and while the Rune cam don't turn the RPM like the OEM GL1800 cams do and since the F6B has an RPM limiter I'll take more bottom end for the 'off the line' grunt I like without raising my RPMs which I don't care to do, and to compensate for the net lbs. I've added in farkels.:icon_biggrin:

The only issue I see is I might need to change out the F6B's fuel injectors to some larger ones with more squirt to them without needing to remap the injectors pulse width. I don't want to send off for a remap or change the ECU if I don't have to. The Rune runs six 12 hole injectors with six 32mm-diameter throttle bodies... 192mm total for air to flow through while the F6B has two 40mm-diameter throttle bodies... 80mm total for air to flow through and 4 hole injectors, so you see I might need to do some injector swapping to get the max from the Rune cams.
I do have a set of Rune injectors setting on the self too.:icon_lol:

Audiochris90
06-19-2016, 08:20 AM
What are the HP and torque / rpm numbers for the rune?

BIGLRY
06-19-2016, 12:05 PM
What are the HP and torque / rpm numbers for the rune?
Honda Rune
118 hp @ 5500 RPM (at the crank)
124 ft-lb TQ @ 4,000 RPM
800 lb. dry weight

Honda F6B
116 HP @ 5,500 RPM (at the crank)
123 ft-lb TQ @ 4,000 RPM
813 lb. dry weight
Curiously, those figures give the bike about the same 'power to weight' ratio as a Porsche 911…:icon_biggrin:

You will find a discrepancy between some published numbers for the F6B and GL1800 like a claimed 118 HP @ 5,500 RPM. I can't say for sure since I have not personally done any Dyno pulls yet on my F6B while all my personal Rune Dyno numbers are RWHP verses the "at the crank" numbers I posted here and found on line.

Side note: The Rune also runs different gear ratios(closer) in the clog box verses the GL1800/F6B gear ratios.