PDA

View Full Version : Next time you think about buying a GM vehicle

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 04:24 AM
OUR BAILOUT MONEY WAS WELL SPENT

After investing $80 BILLION ($80,000,000,000.00) in GM this is what we get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo)

willtill
06-19-2016, 07:18 AM
OUR BAILOUT MONEY WAS WELL SPENT

After investing $80 BILLION ($80,000,000,000.00) in GM this is what we get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo)

I only watched a third of that video... makes me shake my head in disgust. Not only the US Government pissing away out tax dollars; but the beneficiary of that bailout selling out to a foreign government.

I know we live and benefit from a global economy; but it appears that GM is making plans to completely move operations offshore now.

Not long ago... capacity/production was increased in Mexico as well:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20141211/OEM01/141219966/gm-to-double-mexico-production-capacity-invest-$3.6-billion-in-plants

Shareholders interests are always in the forefront of a company's interest. Not the workers whom toil to make the profits realizable. Or what direction a board of directors decide to take a company.

shooter
06-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Everybody needs to think about that when they go to the polls.

Kolsch
06-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Vote TRUMP!

stroguy
06-19-2016, 11:22 AM
hillaree will have no problem following in these tragic footsteps. Trump is worth the 4 year risk. I don't care how rude he sounds, he's not a parasite politician.

Steve 0080
06-19-2016, 12:30 PM
Looking for another truck end of this year... defiantly staying with FORD !!! No government money used !!!

shooter
06-19-2016, 12:40 PM
hillaree will have no problem following in these tragic footsteps. Trump is worth the 4 year risk. I don't care how rude he sounds, he's not a parasite politician.

Stro I don't know if its so much rude as what I call the Rush syndrome. When the other side is so far out there you have to match that extreme. He's honest and I agree with pretty much everything he says. I think its the ONLY choice.

53driver
06-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Like any "test" after 4th grade:
"Choose the best answer" - not necessarily the most correct answer.

Steve 0080
06-19-2016, 01:16 PM
It has always been a "forced choice"...the best of the worst !

khusmc
06-19-2016, 01:57 PM
Definitely a confluence of nearly all politicians that contribute to the American tax payer getting screwed. Choose whatever side you want, the end game changes very little.

stroguy
06-19-2016, 03:13 PM
Stro I don't know if its so much rude as what I call the Rush syndrome. When the other side is so far out there you have to match that extreme. He's honest and I agree with pretty much everything he says. I think its the ONLY choice.

Oh he's rude. But I have no issue with rude if the message is delivered and is positive. I have no issues with him being President. Cruz was my man, but now Trump is. Because the PEOPLE want him. Screw the media, screw the liars in the democratic part, screw the misleading liberal kooks. Trump for President.

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Oh he's rude. But I have no issue with rude if the message is delivered and is positive. I have no issues with him being President. Cruz was my man, but now Trump is. Because the PEOPLE want him. Screw the media, screw the liars in the democratic part, screw the misleading liberal kooks. Trump for President.

Stro,
I guess the OEM seat is gone

Vondawg
06-19-2016, 06:16 PM
Enough said

stroguy
06-19-2016, 06:48 PM
Stro,
I guess the OEM seat is gone

Yes sir, Travelor is sending a check.

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 07:40 PM

Shooter,
Do me a favor, stroguy screwed me out of a stock seat, I'll pay for the gas and the round just put one in his kneecap. Nothing to cripple him just let him limp for about 3 months till the rally, drinks on me all night.

Thank you.

jm21ddd15
06-19-2016, 08:38 PM
Well, if any one thinks GM is the only car company to be interested in the China market, they are fooling themselves. True, Ford did not take bailouts, and I respect them for that, but Ford, and others, also has moved many operations to Mexico and other country's to produce cars/trucks/parts with cheap labor costs. All auto companies are looking to make a product as cheap as possible, to maximize their profits. Nothing new, and not just for the auto industry. Honda, for example, produces many of their small cycles in Indonesia. Hopefully, Trump will be elected, and will penalize bussiness that outsource/shift production to other countries, as he has indicated. That can help put American workers back to work. Yes, it sucks what GM did.

Steve 0080
06-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Well, if any one thinks GM is the only car company to be interested in the China market, they are fooling themselves. True, Ford did not take bailouts, and I respect them for that, but Ford, and others, also has moved many operations to Mexico and other country's to produce cars/trucks/parts with cheap labor costs. All auto companies are looking to make a product as cheap as possible, to maximize their profits. Nothing new, and not just for the auto industry. Honda, for example, produces many of their small cycles in Indonesia. Hopefully, Trump will be elected, and will penalize bussiness that outsource/shift production to other countries, as he has indicated. That can help put American workers back to work. Yes, it sucks what GM did.

I wonder how many companies left because they were forced...ie. taxes, labor,unions,epa,or whatever other initials there are. Why are NO other companies coming to this country either??? The ideal with going into business is to make money. If our government is making it so you can't, why stay ?

jm21ddd15
06-19-2016, 09:38 PM
I wonder how many companies left because they were forced...ie. taxes, labor,unions,epa,or whatever other initials there are. Why are NO other companies coming to this country either??? The ideal with going into business is to make money. If our government is making it so you can't, why stay ?

That is true, why stay. Just hope Trump can change things, if he gets elected. He will have to deal with an "establishment" congress to get anything done. That will be a challenge in itself. Gotta hope he can do it, cause Hillary is just "more Obama"

shooter
06-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Shooter,
Do me a favor, stroguy screwed me out of a stock seat, I'll pay for the gas and the round just put one in his kneecap. Nothing to cripple him just let him limp for about 3 months till the rally, drinks on me all night.

Thank you.

Sorry Tax. We may fight and all but Stro is blood. Don't try to mess with him when I'm around. All respect but they dont call me Shooter for nothing.

taxfree4
06-20-2016, 06:29 AM
Sorry Tax. We may fight and all but Stro is blood. Don't try to mess with him when I'm around. All respect but they dont call me Shooter for nothing.

Actually I was slow on the draw, Travelor was first in time first in line, stro posted the stock seat early and I didn't see it till later. I want to send one to Russell but don't want to stop riding. I guess I'll just have to comb the forum more frequently.

ReserveBum
06-20-2016, 06:53 AM
There are over 318 million people in this country......we cant come up with (or have not been allowed to find) 2 qualified people to run for president? We get the absolute worst in Hillary who is being led by big money/big power, or Trump who will cause quite a division. I hate it but its "Anyone But Hillary"

stroguy
06-20-2016, 06:59 AM

Now that's love. Quite different from the pitch fork incident.

shooter
06-20-2016, 12:54 PM
I had all but forgotten about that. Did those holes heal up. Last I heard from Aunt Wilma 2 of them still had puss in them.

2015F6B
06-20-2016, 01:55 PM
I sent a link to the video to a friend who is a retired GM exec. Here's the response I received:

"Yes, GM invested in China many years ago (probably 15-20) when the Chinese government decided to allow joint ventures with foreign companies. China does not allow foreign companies to set up operations in China unless they have a Chinese partner. GM got involved in the joint ventures along with Chrysler and other American companies (e.g. Jeep is an important brand name in China). I was not aware that there were 11 separate joint ventures - internal GM news about it implied there was a single venture, GM China, with top managers appointed by GM North America.

Since the bankruptcy GM China has sold more product than GM North America, Europe (Opel), Mexico, South America, Australia (Holden) or Korea (Daewoo). This summer GM will import its first Chinese vehicle, the Buick Envision, a mid-size SUV. GM has not shared any engineering with the Chinese since the joint ventures were created, as far as I know, other than to give them USA emission standards and GM specifications for vehicles it sells in North America. GM has a similar venture with Holden, from which they import the Chevy Camaro.

Buick is probably the most popular automobile brand in China. I believe that other GM brands mentioned in the video, Chevy and Cadillac, represent vehicles exported to China.

I have a friend who spent 2 years working on contract for a Chinese company in Shanghai. He reported that the Chinese people love American and European products and dislike many Chinese products because they believe foreign products are of higher quality than Chinese products.

GM NA works cooperatively with GM Europe on car programs that produce products for the US and Europe. A couple of Buick models were partly or mostly designed in Russelsheim, Germany but are assembled in North American assembly plants. When GM owned SAAB, GM and SAAB shared engineering designs and worked together on vehicle programs.

The "GM plant" in Saginaw that Chinese investors purchased is the old GM/Delphi Steering Gear plant. I worked on a factory automation project in that plant during the mid 1980's. The plant was part of Delphi when it was sold, and GM had no input in the decision to sell the Factory that Delphi had shut down.

From this epistle, it should be clear that GM is truly a global company, and GM China is one of the vehicle manufacturing companies in its network."