PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

Greg O
06-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Happy Father's Day to all those father out there.

unsub
06-19-2016, 12:53 PM
:yes:

53driver
06-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Indeed. Happy Father's Day to all who have served in that billet, either biologically, in the military, "step-dads", as a mentor to young men and women, and any other combination where you have been a role model father figure for a younger person - have a great day today!

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Indeed. Happy Father's Day to all who have served in that billet, either biologically, in the military, "step-dads", as a mentor to young men and women, and any other combination where you have been a role model father figure for a younger person - have a great day today!

So true, and being the father of 3 men, 2 biological 1 of choice (who's father walked out when he was 2 weeks old) the word "father" is a verb not a title. You actually have to do the work. I am waiting for a granddaughter, the only hope I have, because once these boys meet a girl - that's it. 4 grandsons in and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is there a formula for a girl. My grandmother used to say sugar on the windowsill but that theory took a crap 3 grandsons ago.

willtill
06-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Yes, happy Father's Day to those whom deserve that respite.

Not a father here.... But my hat is off to those who have ensured their offspring came up the straight and narrow.

Thank you. :icon_wink:

taxfree4
06-19-2016, 06:23 PM
Yes, happy Father's Day to those whom deserve that respite.

Not a father here.... But my hat is off to those who have ensured their offspring came up the straight and narrow.

Thank you. :icon_evil:

I'm sure you've been an inspiration, whether you know it or not, by your example to people you'll never know. Don't sell yourself short Will, you never realize your influence. Father is a very sweeping title as it means teacher, protector, comforter so just being a veteran you have fulfilled all those criteria to children you never met. And as the Lord said "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Happy Father's Day

willtill
06-19-2016, 06:47 PM
I'm sure you've been an inspiration, whether you know it or not, by your example to people you'll never know. Don't sell yourself short Will, you never realize your influence. Father is a very sweeping title as it means teacher, protector, comforter so just being a veteran you have fulfilled all those criteria to children you never met. And as the Lord said "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Happy Father's Day

Thanks for that.... Truly. But...

Have sown my wild oats to gawd knows how many fertile fields I have come across. Hope without a reaped crop.

Noticed that I also used the wrong emoticon in my earlier post. :icon_doh: fat fingers and a small keyboard does that....