PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new guy here..

bgd8rd
06-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Bill. I am from KC and am relatively young at 36 but new to riding. I have ridden for two years total and have had two bike. I started on the Honda CTX700. I really liked it because it was light and automatic. It gave me one less thing to worry about while getting used to going down the road on a motorcycle next to cars at 60mph.

As normal, I started to get the itch for "more power". So, one year later, I moved up to the CTX1300. Very neat bike, I do like it a lot.

Still, as a new rider, a year later, I am finding out what I want in/out of a bike. Like cruise, heated grips, more wind protection.

I am now currently in talkes with a local dealer for a Blue 2015 F6B Deluxe. Before accessories are added, I got them down to $17,900 OTD, good deal, no deal? I made a list for their accessories manager to add on TBS Exhaust, luggage rack, fog lights and Klock Werks wind screen. Still waiting on cost plus install for total price.

Like I said, I am 36 and have had 3 cars in 18 years of driving. I am now potentially looking at my third bike in two years. Tell me I am not crazy. Tell me I am normal. If I do pull the trigger, I don't see me trading this bike in for many years.

Words of advice and wisdom would be appreciative.

Thanks..

opas ride
06-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Sounds like your on the right track as most of us started with smaller bikes and then progressed to larger machines as our needs and desires changed...I have had 18 bikes over the past years and enjoy my F6B as one of the best...Price is subjective if your satisfied with the deal and the dealer...Buy what you want and enjoy the ride...I am 76 and been riding for many years and hope to continue for a few more....Ride safe.....

wjduke
06-21-2016, 09:28 AM
All I can say is I purchased a 2015 Matte Silver standard otd for $16,800 in CT...that was back in November though, and a leftover then...maybe get them down a hair more.

Good luck...you should be happy and I bet surprised with this bike.

bgd8rd
06-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Okay, got the call back from the dealer. With all of the accessories added: TBR Exhaust, Klock Werks shield, Fog Lights, Tailrack, 12V and install the back goes from $17,998 to $20,681.37. That is out the door.

Thoughts?

unsub
06-21-2016, 12:32 PM
Okay, got the call back from the dealer. With all of the accessories added: TBR Exhaust, Klock Werks shield, Fog Lights, Tailrack, 12V and install the back goes from $17,998 to $20,681.37. That is out the door.

Thoughts?

Caution. Be sure the dealer is not charging you for items that come with the deluxe, and as memory serves me there was or is a "promotion" which was "money" from Honda for accessories of the buyers choice, within the money allotted. Lastly IMO the base price should have a deeper discount since it's almost a 2 year old model. Sounds like they might be taking advantage of you.
Anyway, you're there and I'm not. It's your call.

Ixol Phaane
06-21-2016, 12:54 PM

Thoughts?

Here's my thought. $2500 is a lot of cheese for these few items. I would buy the bike as stock, then buy and install the accessories myself and save all that coin for beer! Nothing on your accessories list is difficult to install, and it would give you a chance to get to know your ride more intimately. It ain't rocket surgery and it doesn't take a shop to install any of this. And half the fun of owning a bike is doing what you can to make it your own.

Welcome to the club. Ride safe! :icon_biggrin:

2014 Yellow + self installed cargo rack, exhaust, windshield(s), floorboards, cruise control, highway pegs, trailer hitch... uh, did I leave anything out?

bgd8rd
06-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Yes, I think the accessories I want with labor is too much. I know I can put the windscreen on, tail-rack, 12V and maybe the fog-lights, I just didn't want to fuss with it. The exhaust I wouldn't really have a clue? Plus I don't have the tools for the I am certain..

So, you think I could get them down from the base price of $17, 998? They had the bike priced at 22K. He came back with 19K and some change and I told him immediately that was too high. He then came back with just under 18K.

jm21ddd15
06-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Decent price for a new Deluxe. Many riders that get the standard, end up adding many of the "extras" anyway, like a centerstand (very handy), heated grips, and many want some sort of cruise control. Get a few quotes from other dealers, and take the best one. If those extras don't interest you, then go for the standard. Either way, it's a great bike!

wjduke
06-21-2016, 01:47 PM
The standard that year has cruise...heated grips, eh....center stand is a must. I would go to 17k for the deluxe and that's it at this stage of the game. It's a model year behind already.

bgd8rd
06-21-2016, 09:49 PM
A dealer 120 miles away just shot me $17,450 out the door and it's Matte Gray too, the color I really prefer. I just shot him and email asking what it would be with all the add ons I want. I'll see what he says...

Steve 0080
06-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Shop around and save some $$$$$.....'welcome gang' to the board !!!

wiggy
06-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Welcome, Bill. I bought a 2013 leftover that was still in the crate last July, two days before I bought it. I added everything to make it a "Deluxe" cept for the self cancelling turn signals, which I don't really care about.

I hope you find a great deal!

bgd8rd
06-23-2016, 07:07 AM
The dealer a 100 miles down the road shot me a price of just a tick over 19K ($19,078) OTD with the Two Brothers exhaust, 12V, Klock Werks W/S, Kury Fog lights all installed with labor and it's the Matte Gray.... That is $1,681 (less) than the dealer in town offered. And the bike in town is blue. Wow, I wonder why the such the difference..?

DocF6B
06-23-2016, 10:16 AM
New guy,

I've had my license for 35 years, on my 5th Honda, last one was a 2000 GW SE. Got a new 2015 F6B in March absolutly love it. They did their research and added the heated grips, center stand, and cruise control, and self cancelling signals. I added fog lights (Honda's rip-off price of $500), larger windscreen and passenger audio hookup (with trade- 25K miles on GW) it was $21K out the door. May add driver back rest and highway pegs. I plan to have this for at least 10 years, then maybe conver to a trike because I'll be over 70! I also got the Honda $1000 off deal.

Good luck.

Nightwing_67
06-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Bill. I am from KC and am relatively young at 36 but new to riding. I have ridden for two years total and have had two bike. I started on the Honda CTX700. I really liked it because it was light and automatic. It gave me one less thing to worry about while getting used to going down the road on a motorcycle next to cars at 60mph.

As normal, I started to get the itch for "more power". So, one year later, I moved up to the CTX1300. Very neat bike, I do like it a lot.

Still, as a new rider, a year later, I am finding out what I want in/out of a bike. Like cruise, heated grips, more wind protection.

I am now currently in talkes with a local dealer for a Blue 2015 F6B Deluxe. Before accessories are added, I got them down to $17,900 OTD, good deal, no deal? I made a list for their accessories manager to add on TBS Exhaust, luggage rack, fog lights and Klock Werks wind screen. Still waiting on cost plus install for total price.

Like I said, I am 36 and have had 3 cars in 18 years of driving. I am now potentially looking at my third bike in two years. Tell me I am not crazy. Tell me I am normal. If I do pull the trigger, I don't see me trading this bike in for many years.

Words of advice and wisdom would be appreciative.

Thanks..
Welcome to the group and good luck on the purchase of your 6.welcome20.:cheers:

No Handle Sam
06-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Try Honda of Russellville and Southern Honda Powersports. I have always found that they have better prices then anyone else in the country. Good Luck!!