PDA

View Full Version : Not meant to be

mercator1
06-22-2016, 02:08 AM
I had decided that my chronic back issues were going to force me to move from my 2015 R1200RT BMW to an F6B. Then I went to the dealer and they offered me $11,500 trade in on a $23,000 bike with 4,000 miles on it. Guess that's not going to happen.

Ixol Phaane
06-22-2016, 02:21 AM
I had decided that my chronic back issues were going to force me to move from my 2015 R1200RT BMW to an F6B. Then I went to the dealer and they offered me $11,500 trade in on a $23,000 bike with 4,000 miles on it. Guess that's not going to happen.

Sounds like you'll be better off to sell the BMW yourself. Of course you'll still take a hit on the value. But if you're not in a hurry you could hold out for top dollar before you shop for your new F6B. :icon_biggrin:

naga viper
06-22-2016, 03:14 AM
I would just try another dealer I made the deal over the phone when I bought mine

unsub
06-22-2016, 01:07 PM

Could you elaborate a bit please on how the BMW 1200RT aggravates your back health? If it's too private no worries, I'm curious though.

BMW motorcycle designs are marketed as being very ergonomic. But that's not my view.

carpdm
06-22-2016, 02:17 PM

Want to work a trade with me? I'm trying to sell a 2014 Deluxe.

bgd8rd
06-22-2016, 03:25 PM
I wish the 14 came with cruise. I am looking for an F6B. I currently have the Honda CTX1300 Deluxe.

carpdm
06-22-2016, 09:43 PM
I wish the 14 came with cruise. I am looking for an F6B. I currently have the Honda CTX1300 Deluxe.

Electronic cruise can be easily added to my bike.

Ixol Phaane
06-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Electronic cruise can be easily added to my bike.

+1

I installed electronic cruise on my '14. Works like a charm. :yes:

SimonTemplar
06-23-2016, 02:06 AM
Yep....dealers steal cars and bikes every day!

....sT

MotoMike
06-23-2016, 05:32 AM
+1

I installed electronic cruise on my '14. Works like a charm. :yes:

Cool. What cruise control did you get, did you have to cut into the harness much to install?

mercator1
06-23-2016, 08:14 AM
Could you elaborate a bit please on how the BMW 1200RT aggravates your back health? If it's too private no worries, I'm curious though.

BMW motorcycle designs are marketed as being very ergonomic. But that's not my view.

First thing is that they are really made for tall, thin Europeans. I am none of those things. Just getting on and off is the worst part. The riding position is pretty neutral, although the knee bend is a little more acute than would be good for my knees. I'm in need of a full knee replacement on the left side, and I'm needing L1 and L2 fused in my lumbar spine. The F6B riding position seems more comfortable, and certainly easier to get on and off, but I want to rent one for an entire day of riding to be sure.

This is my bike.

opas ride
06-23-2016, 09:18 AM
I ride on occasion with a retired friend of mine who has an R1200RT. He is about 6'1" or so and seems to enjoy his BMW as he likes the lightness and handling, until he rode my F6B...Still has his BMW, but said the ride on my 6 was much more to his liking than he thought and he would definitely consider buying one next time he is the market....Just my .02 cents....Ride safe

Dfinkelsteinmd
06-23-2016, 09:38 AM
First thing is that they are really made for tall, thin Europeans. I am none of those things. Just getting on and off is the worst part. The riding position is pretty neutral, although the knee bend is a little more acute than would be good for my knees. I'm in need of a full knee replacement on the left side, and I'm needing L1 and L2 fused in my lumbar spine. The F6B riding position seems more comfortable, and certainly easier to get on and off, but I want to rent one for an entire day of riding to be sure.

This is my bike.

That is a beautiful bike! Although I love my black 2013 Deluxe with 5000 miles, I would trade you in a heartbeat and throw in $3000. We could ship simultaneously and both be on new machines by mid-July...email me if you are interested: dfinkelsteinmd@comcast.net

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

unsub
06-23-2016, 12:18 PM

This is my bike.

Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine the nuisance of daily discomfort you are experiencing.
Very nice looking bike. Hopefully you will find a solution that works to keep you riding in comfort.

SimonTemplar
06-24-2016, 01:26 AM
That is a beautiful bike! Although I love my black 2013 Deluxe with 5000 miles, I would trade you in a heartbeat and throw in $3000. We could ship simultaneously and both be on new machines by mid-July...email me if you are interested....

Why ship?

Start riding and meet somewhere in west Texas and swap keys and paperwork (money is paperwork, right?) !!! :thumb:

....sT

Bdog
06-24-2016, 08:14 AM
I have a '15 F6B and also have back problems. The stock seat offered little to no back support and the handlebars didn't help either. After adding an ultimate king seat and helibars it's fine. It's a great bike, just took a few adjustments to make it fit me. In all farness, almost everyone must make some changes to a new bike to make it work for them.

Dfinkelsteinmd
06-24-2016, 10:05 AM
Why ship?

Start riding and meet somewhere in west Texas and swap keys and paperwork (money is paperwork, right?) !!! :thumb:

....sT

Great idea Simon but the RT owner is probably too uncomfortable to ride that far--and back. It is also way too hot in Texas in July, but I do hope he accepts my offer of a trade plus $3000.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

SimonTemplar
06-25-2016, 12:43 AM
I have a '15 F6B and also have back problems. The stock seat offered little to no back support and the handlebars didn't help either. After adding an ultimate king seat and helibars it's fine. It's a great bike, just took a few adjustments to make it fit me. In all farness, almost everyone must make some changes to a new bike to make it work for them.

BDog....

Greets from the greater Kville area! Would love to get together sometime and check out your Ultimate King. About to pull the trigger on one but would like to sit (sit...not ride, if you were wondering) on it for a few before I do.

....sT