PDA

View Full Version : Man I love retirement

taxfree4
06-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Out on the Formula with a 496 in it on a perfect day with my neighbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkKVo8cZu_c&feature=youtu.be

shooter
06-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Azzhole!!! I didn't mean it Tax. Just jealous. Good for you buddy.

taxfree4
06-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Azzhole!!! I didn't mean it Tax. Just jealous. Good for you buddy.

That's Mr. Azzhole to you, hey nothing to be jealous about its not my boat. I had a boat, what a pain in the azz, better than having one is having a friend with one. He's still washing it down and I'm upstairs with a beer in my hand.

Greg O
06-22-2016, 06:04 PM
4-6 more years for me, can't wait, unless I hit the lottery.

six2go
06-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Yep, I've been doin' the retirement thing for almost 17 yrs. Haven't been on a boat like that, but everyday is a joy.

Bob Penn
06-22-2016, 06:25 PM
Heck, I always made my friends live by the golden rule, if you wanna ride in my boata you hava to cleana the boata!!
If you no wanna cleana the boata then you pay in cash.

I made a good living for 38 years cleaning my boat for my friends or as some liked to call them customers.

BIGLRY
06-22-2016, 06:25 PM
That's Mr. Azzhole to you, hey nothing to be jealous about its not my boat. I had a boat, what a pain in the azz, better than having one is having a friend with one. He's still washing it down and I'm upstairs with a beer in my hand.The second happiest time in a man's life is when he gets his first boat...the first is when he sells it!:yikes:

As a past certified USCG Capt. with a OUPV(Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel) endorsement for 50 ton or less for over 30 years I have had my share of boats and various other things that men take to the sea with and the above statement is very true.:icon_lol:

taxfree4
06-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Yep, I've been doin' the retirement thing for almost 17 yrs. Haven't been on a boat like that, but everyday is a joy.

I had a 12 ft. Sears Aluminum boat when I was a kid and it doesn't feel any different, as long as I am on the water I couldn't care what I'm on. I'm only retired 8 years this October and I could not agree more, paid my dues. Is it me or when I had to wake up at 4:00 a.m. it was murder now I can't sleep past 4.

taxfree4
06-22-2016, 06:39 PM
4-6 more years for me, can't wait, unless I hit the lottery.

Hang in there you're gonna love it.

taxfree4
06-22-2016, 06:42 PM
Heck, I always made my friends live by the golden rule, if you wanna ride in my boata you hava to cleana the boata!!
If you no wanna cleana the boata then you pay in cash.

I made a good living for 38 years cleaning my boat for my friends or as some liked to call them customers.

This guy is so anal he doesn't want anyone washing his boat except him. Next time I'll take a video of the engine, it's OCD clean. I do all the electrical work on it so it's a quid pro quo.

taxfree4
06-22-2016, 07:00 PM
The second happiest time in a man's life is when he gets his first boat...the first is when he sells it!:yikes:

As a past certified USCG Capt. with a OUPV(Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel) endorsement for 50 ton or less for over 30 years I have had my share of boats and various other things that men take to the sea with and the above statement is very true.:icon_lol:

You speaketh the truth. My last boat was a 28ft. Winner Cabin Cruiser, inboard with a Chrysler 318 (great engine) - bought it, replaced all the gauges, replaced all the wood with Starboard and composite, ripped out and redid the galley and the head, redid all the rails, fixed the radar and the leaks ... just in time to sell it - for a loss. Took it out maybe 8 times in a year 4 times with my wife (then she had enough, son moved to Fla.) the rest by myself. Most of the time I went there and took an afternoon nap and came home.

Break O​ut Another Thousand

RickJ
06-22-2016, 08:45 PM
The second happiest time in a man's life is when he gets his first boat...the first is when he sells it!:yikes:

A"BOAT"??? Isn't that a hole in the water into which a man pours money?

Bob Penn
06-23-2016, 05:53 AM
I don't no. I ran my last boat for 25 years (a custom built Bruno-Stillman) Made good money with her over the years and finally sold her for $30,000 more then what I paid for her. Lucky for me that was 3 months before the cost of diesel went from $1.00 a gallon to $3.00 a gallon but who knew?
Now fully retired for 9 years I have the time to clean my 16 footer. The cost of gas is negligible but the cost of libation while cleaning keeps going up.
But who needs money when you don't have to drive to work every morning and you like eating fish?

taxfree4
06-23-2016, 06:51 AM
A"BOAT"??? Isn't that a hole in the water into which a man pours money?

As opposed to an "ex-wife" which is a hole on land that you poured money into and couldn't get anything for it on a trade-in.

taxfree4
06-23-2016, 06:54 AM
I don't no. I ran my last boat for 25 years (a custom built Bruno-Stillman) Made good money with her over the years and finally sold her for $30,000 more then what I paid for her. Lucky for me that was 3 months before the cost of diesel went from $1.00 a gallon to $3.00 a gallon but who knew?
Now fully retired for 9 years I have the time to clean my 16 footer. The cost of gas is negligible but the cost of libation while cleaning keeps going up.
But who needs money when you don't have to drive to work every morning and you like eating fish?

Do you have that guy's number because I have a 2013 F6B with 20,000 miles on it that I can sell him for a bargain at $25,000. If I had to get another boat, despite what my wife says, it would be a 20 ft. Seaswirl Walkaround with a 200hp e-tec, all I need.

53driver
06-23-2016, 08:10 PM
What day of the week is it?

SimonTemplar
06-24-2016, 01:16 AM

August, I think? Maybe?

....sT

dickiedeals
06-24-2016, 03:12 AM

If it weren't for my watch I wouldn't know the Month, date, day of the week or the time...
Though retired since 2010 I'm busier now than I was when working, doesn't seem like enough hours in the day to get everything done..........Dickie

bob109
06-24-2016, 03:31 AM
As of July 1st I'll have 12 years of practice at "retirement":icon_biggrin: Like others, I'm busier now than I've ever been. My Calendar has Saturdays and Sundays only and each is filled with activities which keeps the mind and body occupied and busy. Life is good and enjoying each day is my goal:039:

GONRDN
06-24-2016, 05:19 AM
Retired and own 2 kayaks and my F6B. I'm happy. :039: