PDA

View Full Version : New tire!

jm21ddd15
06-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Put my General G-max on today. Been trying to use the rubber up on the rear Stone, but finally said "enough". About 30-40 min for me to swap tires. I was not in a hurry, and that included a test ride, and double checking the lug nuts after the ride, and re-mounting the right side Ergo 2 foot peg. All good. Just felt slightly (very slightly) different when I initiated my first few turns. Handled just fine. Already dragged a foot peg on the test run. Now I have 2 rear wheels with Stones on them and each probably has about 3000 miles of good rubber left. Just keep them for spares, I guess. I am now officially on the Dark Side.

bob109
06-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Put my General G-max on today. Been trying to use the rubber up on the rear Stone, but finally said "enough". About 30-40 min for me to swap tires. I was not in a hurry, and that included a test ride, and double checking the lug nuts after the ride, and re-mounting the right side Ergo 2 foot peg. All good. Just felt slightly (very slightly) different when I initiated my first few turns. Handled just fine. Already dragged a foot peg on the test run. Now I have 2 rear wheels with Stones on them and each probably has about 3000 miles of good rubber left. Just keep them for spares, I guess. I am now officially on the Dark Side.

Set your air pressure 42/43. Been using that pressure for over 40K miles on two G-Max and the handling has been great:icon_wink:

BuzzzPhotos
06-22-2016, 07:29 PM
'gw-smiley' I just felt a little safer when I added mine. :shhh: don't tell anybody.

jm21ddd15
06-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Thanks. I started at 42, as I had read on a post, that 42 was a good place to start. Hope I get your milage out of the tire.

bob109
06-22-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks. I started at 42, as I had read on a post, that 42 was a good place to start. Hope I get your milage out of the tire.

30K miles service is a nice number:icon_wink: Never had a cycle tire come close:shhh: 42 PSI should eliminate any mild "squirm":039: