PDA

View Full Version : Debadged Bike Today

Greg O
06-23-2016, 05:13 PM
I took off the front and back Honda badges today. Don't get me wrong I am proud to ride a Honda F6B. I did it for cleaning purposes, it will make it much easier to clean under my back rack. Now my question. You guys that have debadged your bikes did you take off the circular Honda emblem on the sides? If so did you replace them with something else or leave them blank? Also I plan on leaving the F6B emblems on and the Honda valve cover emblems also. What are you guys doing? Just so you know my bike is Black.

Chas
06-23-2016, 05:30 PM
I also nosed and decked the Honda names. I left on what you did too. I am leaving the sides on for now. I am hoping the gentleman who made the custom medallions comes back on line again. He took a hiatus to sell his product to an accessory retail outlet. Don't know who and haven't seen them out there yet. But , if he comes back and can do the custom ones again, off they come and his go on. Other than that, same oh, same oh!

F6B1911
06-23-2016, 05:50 PM
I removed the front and rear Honda letters.
Was lucky, Hambley was still making badges when I purchased my F6B.
I also removed the Honda Wing just above the ignition key.
If you have a fast black F6B, the valve cover trim looks better black than chrome.

terryboyle
06-23-2016, 06:36 PM
I really want to remove the one on the front fairing.
:cheers:

Greg O
06-23-2016, 06:51 PM
It took me about a half hour to do both front and back, you have let them heat up in the sun for an hour. Then I lifted them straight off with 2 fingers. I then took Duct tape and folded it sticky side out sticking the duct tape on and off to the excessive adhesive rotating the duct and getting new duct tape about 3 times. This took 99% of the adhesive off without any scratches. I finished it up with a little WD-40 to get any leftover residue off. Perfect.

Retired Army
06-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Hambley did these for me, its the Army collar brass and designates Public Affairs. Since this picture was taken I have had it triked and painted yellow.

terryboyle
06-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Appreciate that.

Jimmytee
06-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Now my question. You guys that have debadged your bikes did you take off the circular Honda emblem on the sides? If so did you replace them with something else or leave them blank?

This is what I did.

CoCoKola
07-06-2016, 04:22 PM
This is what I did.

JT -> where did you get the lighted badge?

stroguy
07-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Just a heads up when removing badges. If you see a hint of the badge, like a shadow that is in the paint, DO NOT try to rub it away. It's not glue, it's not tape. It's typically moisture deep in the paint that doesn't get a chance to evaporate. Take as much tape or glue away with the WD40 or isopropyl alcohol and leave it alone for several weeks. It will disappear. Wax it and wax it and wax it. But don't rub it past the top layer of paint. Good luck.

Jimmytee
07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
JT -> where did you get the lighted badge?

The badge is a Hambly badge. The lighting comes from those ligting rings available from Value Accessories. I covered the light ring with two plastic rings made from those discs you mount to your dash to use a suction cup type mount on. I drilled out the center of those discs with a hole saw to have a ring left that I secured over the LED rings with black RTV sealant.