PDA

View Full Version : Around Lake Michigan

Penguin
06-24-2016, 10:08 AM
First trip on the new "B". Going to go around Lake Michigan starting in the Chicago area. :banana:

jaygollner
06-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Don't miss M119 North of Petoskey, I did that ride last week and really enjoyed it, About 1,000 miles for the circle. U31 out of Traverse City is also a good leg to follow.

F6B1911
06-24-2016, 12:15 PM
First trip on the new "B". Going to go around Lake Michigan starting in the Chicago area. :banana:

....and when you get back from your first trip, around Lake Superior is an awesome 2nd trip.

Penguin
06-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Don't miss M119 North of Petoskey, I did that ride last week and really enjoyed it, About 1,000 miles for the circle. U31 out of Traverse City is also a good leg to follow.

Thanks . Will look on the map for those roads. Think we'll head to Wisconsin first and try and catch the "Great River Road" up the Mississippi and head over to Ironwood Michigan and then to Mackinaw and back down to Illinois. I'm so stoked.

Penguin
06-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone, just got back from my trip around Lake Michigan, WOW, had a great time and great weather all week. Took jaygollner's idea to ride M119 otherwise known as the "tunnel of trees". Thanks for that. Also ran the "Great river Road" up the Mississippi in Wisconsin. The B ran great but I have to look into a different seating arrangement. Holy crap, my backside was on fire after and hour of riding so a lot of stops were on order. Gotta figure something out. If you can take the trip around Lake Michigan and ride the Makinaw bridge by all means do it.

F6B1911
06-30-2016, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone, just got back from my trip around Lake Michigan, WOW, had a great time and great weather all week. Took jaygollner's idea to ride M119 otherwise known as the "tunnel of trees". Thanks for that. Also ran the "Great river Road" up the Mississippi in Wisconsin. The B ran great but I have to look into a different seating arrangement. Holy crap, my backside was on fire after and hour of riding so a lot of stops were on order. Gotta figure something out. If you can take the trip around Lake Michigan and ride the Makinaw bridge by all means do it.

What's not fun, though, is riding over the Mackinaw Bridge in 50mph winds, riding at a 45-degree angle with the wind gusts pushing you out of your lane.... makes the heart pound real fast.

Python
06-30-2016, 07:41 PM
They had a car show in Saint Ignace last weekend I passed through there myself. The bridge in the Highwind warnings is not a lot of fun, not a fan of riding the lane with the grate over the bridge

Penguin
06-30-2016, 09:59 PM
What's not fun, though, is riding over the Mackinaw Bridge in 50mph winds, riding at a 45-degree angle with the wind gusts pushing you out of your lane.... makes the heart pound real fast.

Holy crap. I was a nice day when I crossed. That had to be an intense crossing.