PDA

View Full Version : Great and Not So Great Dealers

Dfinkelsteinmd
09-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Anyone want to plug their local dealer? I passed on a nice deal from NorthBay Motorsports in Santa Rosa (Craig is a stand up guy for advice and parts, products, etc. he also hunts), only to buy my used Deluxe from a bunch of incompetent guys in Gainesville Georgia. They offered Lots of Southern hospitality but sold me a bike without Keyes, manual or pink slip. I was able to find a manual and make up some keys but still no pink slip. Now what to do except a lawsuit? So to those of you down in Dixie, avoid Gainesville Motorsports and their GM Brooks at all costs.

MichaelG
09-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I have done business with a LOT of dealers over the years, and I have to give props to South Bound Honda, in Lakewood, WA., and their sister store...South Sound Honda, in Olympia, WA. Both of these are owned by Dale & Vicky, which Dale is a member of our forum family.

I knew when I could not...or would not be allowed to...ride my bike home after being struck by lightning, that the best person for me to call on was Dale, as he owns and rides his own F6B...he has ridden mine...he lives 10 miles from my house...and he is a very competent rider.

I have bought a lot of parts from these two stores over the past 7 years, and they have continued to earn by business with each visit.

www.hondabike.com

Thanks,

Miles

Yeahoo Whoyah
09-07-2013, 03:12 PM
I knew when I could not...or would not be allowed to...ride my bike home after being struck by lightning

Now that's something hardly anyone on the planet can say!

Santa Rosa

There is a Honda Dealer in Santa Rosa California too, but I haven't done business there.

I bought my F6B at Bert's Mega Mall, 400-miles away in SoCal. They offered the best price without going to Arkansas. Got me in and out quickly, they move a lot of bikes out the door. I haven't been back....I have no idea if their service department is any good.

billv45
09-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Two thumbs up!
Gave me the best deal in 500 miles, $17999 on a black Deluxe model ($17799 plus $200 doc fee, matching $17999 from Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville NC which doesn't do doc fees) I was delayed getting there and the sales mgr waited a hour and half past closing to do the paperwork.
Bill

BACA
09-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I have done business with a LOT of dealers over the years, and I have to give props to South Bound Honda, in Lakewood, WA., and their sister store...South Sound Honda, in Olympia, WA. Both of these are owned by Dale & Vicky, which Dale is a member of our forum family.

I knew when I could not...or would not be allowed to...ride my bike home after being struck by lightning, that the best person for me to call on was Dale, as he owns and rides his own F6B...he has ridden mine...he lives 10 miles from my house...and he is a very competent rider.

I have bought a lot of parts from these two stores over the past 7 years, and they have continued to earn by business with each visit.

www.hondabike.com

Thanks,

Miles

I agree with Miles.......I've purchased numerous street bikes, dirt bikes, quads, parts, service, etc. from South Sound Honda (formerly Reiners in Aberdeen long ago) from the Reiner family (Jeff and his Dad Marvin) and Dale & Vickie over the years. South Sound Honda and South Bound Honda were voted as one of the Top 100 Dealers in the Northwest.......in 2013 by Dealer News. Great people to work with.

bobbyf6b
09-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I really like our newer dealer in Scottsdale. It was built new from the ground up by owner Bob Parsons. Bob is the ex-founder and CEO of GoDaddy.com and he spares no expense pleasing customers and having fun events. He's also a Marine Corps Vietnam Veteran so he goes out of his way to help us fellow Vets. He owns Harley Davidson of Scottsdale too, which is right next door to the dealership I go to, Go Az Motorcycles.

www.goaz.com

They sell and service almost every major brand and have a track behind the dealership for demos and training classes. My F6B is the first bike I bought from them and so far my experience has been great. No complaints at all. :icon_cool:

JimBob1
09-08-2013, 05:18 PM

www.hondabike.com

Thanks,

Miles

Here in Western North Carolina area, the Honda dealers seem to be about average. A lot better than the Harley Davidson dealers though. One Honda dealer here will not be very competitive on the sale price but reasonable on other items. One dealer up near Asheville will be competitive on the sales prices but not on other items. Also, one dealer I talked to up near Asheville about the soft paint job thinks all of us FB6 riders are nuts to complain about the black paint job. Standard comment, " all black paint shows swirl marks" and that the paint job is super thick and we will can rub out the swirls if we use a special product. He also stated that there is no clear coat and that Honda doesn't feel it needs one on their product. In any event, that is it around here for now.

Miles, heard about lightening almost taking you out, glad to hear you are okay and safe. Hope you get everything put back together, yourself included, and get riding soon. Probably already are out riding.

imported_scottydi
09-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Two thumbs up!
Gave me the best deal in 500 miles, $17999 on a black Deluxe model ($17799 plus $200 doc fee, matching $17999 from Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville NC which doesn't do doc fees) I was delayed getting there and the sales mgr waited a hour and half past closing to do the paperwork.
Bill

I also purchased from Lawrenceville Honda. Got what I felt was a fair deal compared to other dealerships in the area. I have not purchased any other items from them, and the one service experience was not bad compared to other shops that i have been to.

Scott

Westernbiker
09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
North Valley Honda is very close to where I live and I do buy items from them, to kinda spend money on the local dealership, even though I know I can get these items cheaper on line. Well, when I decided to buy the F6B, NVH is where I headed. Talked to the sales manager and he was NOT going to budge on the MSRP price. I told him I was a long time customer but that made no difference, $20,999.00 was the price and that was it. So a few days later I found myself at Apache Honda about 30 miles from my house. I walked in and seen the sales manager and asked about the F6B. He was very nice and he made me a great deal plus threw in a full face helmet. He did not have a bike there in all black and he told me it would be two days to get one and one day for assembly and prep. I did not sign any papers, I did not give him any money, I told him when he had the bike ready to go, to call me and I would come down and buy it. It was on my word only he did exactly that. In the mean time I stopped at NVH again and told the sale manager I had a deal on the table from Apache Honda and would he like to compete for my business. He told me, And I quote....'$20,999.00 is a fair price for that bike' end quote............I walked out. Not only did I walk out, I will never buy another thing from NVH. I got the bike three days later as promised from Apache Honda. Now I remember why I bought my 1991 CR500 from Apache Honda! :biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
09-12-2013, 04:45 PM
North Valley Honda is very close to where I live and I do buy items from them, to kinda spend money on the local dealership, even though I know I can get these items cheaper on line. Well, when I decided to buy the F6B, NVH is where I headed. Talked to the sales manager and he was NOT going to budge on the MSRP price. I told him I was a long time customer but that made no difference, $20,999.00 was the price and that was it. So a few days later I found myself at Apache Honda about 30 miles from my house. I walked in and seen the sales manager and asked about the F6B. He was very nice and he made me a great deal plus threw in a full face helmet. He did not have a bike there in all black and he told me it would be two days to get one and one day for assembly and prep. I did not sign any papers, I did not give him any money, I told him when he had the bike ready to go, to call me and I would come down and buy it. It was on my word only he did exactly that. In the mean time I stopped at NVH again and told the sale manager I had a deal on the table from Apache Honda and would he like to compete for my business. He told me, And I quote....'$20,999.00 is a fair price for that bike' end quote............I walked out. Not only did I walk out, I will never buy another thing from NVH. I got the bike three days later as promised from Apache Honda. Now I remember why I bought my 1991 CR500 from Apache Honda! :biggthumpup:

I have never had a good experience at NVH either! All I get is attitude. It's the same feeling I get when I walk into a HD dealer, and it makes my skin crawl.

kjelders
09-13-2013, 04:04 PM

www.hondabike.com

Thanks,

Miles

I bought my F6B from Vicky. Dale and Vicky are great to deal with.