PDA

View Full Version : Baggershield 11"-19" mishap

smiley
06-24-2016, 11:02 PM
Hello everyone. Only been on the forum for a lil over a month now but decided it's time to chat with my fellow B owners and others. Last night I took on the simple task in changing the oem tall windscreen with vent to my new baggershield. After carefully watching the vids on the installation process I was ready. Everything was going fine until I thought I was sure fingered. Once everything was in place and I was mounting the nose piece I decided to install the rubber grommets on each side of the front clip without putting the rag back in place to catch anything that fell.:banghead::banghead: As soon as it was in place it popped off and I heard it bounce under the tupperware into never never land. At first I was gonna let it go but couldn't stand the thought of it bouncing around down there and possibly remembering it when I smelt burning rubber while out on a ride. Only thought I had was why me God. I paid my tithes last week. After 30 mins of searching around hoping it would appear I had to do something. Luckily it was on the left side. With the recent tear down of my 94 FW I started the evaluation. Removed the trim piece and popped out the storage compartment and there it was right up under it. WHEW...... So PLEASE keep the rag in place until all parts are installed. Love the versatility of the new shield with the mirror wings I also installed. I'll try and post the OEM tall screen w/ vent in the classifieds. $70 plus shipping to your zipcode.

taxfree4
06-26-2016, 05:02 AM
That's a great shield, Baggershield, had one on for quite some time now. If you want to utilize that stock screen just pop on an MRA X-CREEN like I did and it will allow you to control how much air you get.

Pap
06-26-2016, 06:07 AM
Looks good.
How does the bagger shield compare to the stock tall wind shield? Less back pressure? Wind noise? Make any difference for the passenger?

rdeady
06-26-2016, 07:16 AM
i just switched out the oem tall shield yesterday for the stock. Wanted to try it as im getting nasty buffeting.vacuum,pressures with the 17" honda shield. I stuffed a rag in
the mirror area but didnt fill the whole thing good enough and sure as heck i dropped the nut and it almost went down the side .thankfully had a magnet and grabbed it where it hung up. close call. Needless to say i made sure all holes were stuffed after that. Only took bike out for quick test ride so far. Buffeting and vacuum are gone replaced by full onslaught of air. Ill try it for a while

smiley
06-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Looks good.
How does the bagger shield compare to the stock tall wind shield? Less back pressure? Wind noise? Make any difference for the passenger?

The baggershield is wider than the oem honda tall screen and blocks a lot more wind than it does. I"m 6'2" and it helped a bunch for me as the oem made the air swirl right on the top of my head. With the top portion on it"s great and quieter. It helped a lil better for the wife also. With the top off I have a lot of wind in my face( That's what i wanted for the ride home after work in 95 degree heat). It's pretty calm in the cockpit with the top portion on but what made it really great is the mirror wing deflectors that really block and allow wind to the driver and passenger. Wouldn't go back to the oem. JMO.

smiley
06-26-2016, 09:53 AM
i just switched out the oem tall shield yesterday for the stock. Wanted to try it as im getting nasty buffeting.vacuum,pressures with the 17" honda shield. I stuffed a rag in
the mirror area but didnt fill the whole thing good enough and sure as heck i dropped the nut and it almost went down the side .thankfully had a magnet and grabbed it where it hung up. close call. Needless to say i made sure all holes were stuffed after that. Only took bike out for quick test ride so far. Buffeting and vacuum are gone replaced by full onslaught of air. Ill try it for a while

It's odd that what we think won't happen will. Man I'm glad you got lucky like I did. As far as the vent goes for the oem honda screen it does allow more air but nothing like the results I get with the baggershield. But that's what I wanted.

smiley
06-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Looks good.

oops already replied.

smiley
06-26-2016, 09:59 AM
That's a great shield, Baggershield, had one on for quite some time now. If you want to utilize that stock screen just pop on an MRA X-CREEN like I did and it will allow you to control how much air you get.

Pondered that idea but went with all or nothing.

rdeady
06-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Smiley, How is that bagger shield compared to the honda 17" tall like we both have? I need a new shield but i want one that totally puts me in a pocket of calmness. thinking about the large f4 I think its called .Expensive bugger though .Over $400

smiley
06-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Smiley, How is that bagger shield compared to the honda 17" tall like we both have? I need a new shield but i want one that totally puts me in a pocket of calmness. thinking about the large f4 I think its called .Expensive bugger though .Over $400

Don't know about the other shield you're talking about but I'm 6'2" and the 17" would swirl at the top of my head like a tornado. But the 11"-19" Baggershield is wider and has about a inch of up and down play on the bottom part to make it right at 20". It's for sure calmer with the baggershield and with the addition of the National Cycle mirror mount wing deflectors it's super calm for me.

Ernht 3
06-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Hello everyone. Only been on the forum for a lil over a month now but decided it's time to chat with my fellow B owners and others. Last night I took on the simple task in changing the oem tall windscreen with vent to my new baggershield. After carefully watching the vids on the installation process I was ready. Everything was going fine until I thought I was sure fingered. Once everything was in place and I was mounting the nose piece I decided to install the rubber grommets on each side of the front clip without putting the rag back in place to catch anything that fell.:banghead::banghead: As soon as it was in place it popped off and I heard it bounce under the tupperware into never never land. At first I was gonna let it go but couldn't stand the thought of it bouncing around down there and possibly remembering it when I smelt burning rubber while out on a ride. Only thought I had was why me God. I paid my tithes last week. After 30 mins of searching around hoping it would appear I had to do something. Luckily it was on the left side. With the recent tear down of my 94 FW I started the evaluation. Removed the trim piece and popped out the storage compartment and there it was right up under it. WHEW...... So PLEASE keep the rag in place until all parts are installed. Love the versatility of the new shield with the mirror wings I also installed. I'll try and post the OEM tall screen w/ vent in the classifieds. $70 plus shipping to your zipcode.

Did you sell the OEM windshield yet. If not, how tall is it?

smiley
06-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Did you sell the OEM windshield yet. If not, how tall is it?

Check your PM box.