PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this tank bag?

taxfree4
06-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Pivots up on a bracket to get to the glove box, pretty cool.

Greg O
06-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Nice, where did you get it Tax

terryboyle
06-28-2016, 08:41 PM
Does the modified gas door key keep it up off the paint?

terryboyle
06-28-2016, 08:42 PM
that has a map pocket option also?

Wing'n it
06-28-2016, 09:12 PM
I like the idea of it but gonna pass on anything that could possibly touch the "questionable" paint.

taxfree4
06-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Does the modified gas door key keep it up off the paint?

It looks like it does, I don't think they'd sell one unit if it did. Looks like a soft bottom

taxfree4
06-28-2016, 09:35 PM
that has a map pocket option also?

Yep

taxfree4
06-28-2016, 09:37 PM
I like the idea of it but gonna pass on anything that could possibly touch the "questionable" paint.

I'm going to grab one and I'll do a video.

DISREGARD

taxfree4
06-28-2016, 09:45 PM
I'm going to grab one and I'll do a video.

This is the description:

With the design of the audio system and fuel access door, adding a tank bag that requires less straps than tying down the Goodyear Blimp was difficult to do. But we did it…and without straps. Our design uses 2B finish, laser cut stainless steel plates; one on the bag and the other on the bike. An aircraft grade quick release pin secures the two plates and allows the bag to swivel up giving full access to your radio and fuel door (only when stopped, please). This design also allows you to remove the bag in seconds for security leaving a small plate with the swivel holes on the bike.
Our bag never touches your radio so surprise audio changes are a thing of the past.
The tank bag’s dimensions are approximately 11″ long x 8″ wide x 6″ tall (7″ tall when expanded). Estimated volume approximately 3.5 liters (6.5 liters when expanded). The tank bag is constructed of a highly water resistant thermo molded EVA nylon material and uses RC-Fuse zippers. A rain cover is included for additional moisture protection during heavy downpours. The tank bag includes a carrying handle, an external lid pocket and a double zipper & clamshell design that offers instant access to all items in the bag. Electrical pass thoughs are now molded into the bag front and back.
The optional analog GPS case (map pouch) attaches with 2 simple quick clips in the front and Velcro in the back. This allows the map pouch to flip up for bag access.
Please note we only recommend installation with stock bars. Risers can change the available clearance of the bag and bars.

I put the Kuryakyn Risers in. The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

faz
06-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Had one on my B-King and loved it. Could you please tell us where you got it so I can get one for my F6B? I been looking but can't find where to get it for our model. Thanks

F6BPDX
06-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Had one on my B-King and loved it. Could you please tell us where you got it so I can get one for my F6B? I been looking but can't find where to get it for our model. Thanks Electrical Connection.

F6B1911
06-28-2016, 10:29 PM
I have that tank bag....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2707-Looking-for-some-Tank-Bag-assistance

taxfree4
06-28-2016, 10:37 PM
I have that tank bag....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2707-Looking-for-some-Tank-Bag-assistance

Do you have Kuryakyn risers on your bike?

F6B1911
06-29-2016, 06:56 AM
Do you have Kuryakyn risers on your bike?

No, I do not have any risers installed.
The bag does need to be removed to lock the handlebars with the ignition key, but is fine for normal driving, and fits into a saddlebag easily.
I'll take a picture of the gas cap door tonight which shows the wear mark where the bag rests, you really need a bumper on the bottom of the bag, placed so it rests on the key to keep the bag off of the paint.

F6B1911
06-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Another reason the Black F6b needs a "REAL" paint job.