PDA

View Full Version : Joined the club

Broken Hand
06-28-2016, 08:46 PM
I looked real hard at the 6 ever since it was announced, but I eventually caved to the Adv biker style and bought the Yamaha Super Tenere. Great bike. Lots of off-road exploration, but had a less than graceful get off, messed up the rotator cuff. Buh-bye S10...Hello F6.

2014 used black sitting at a HD dealership for a great price.

Put 1000 miles on it in 2 weeks. Wow. I've been a jap cruiser type of guy since my first Shadow. Never been on a Goldwing, but this F6B splits a smile every time.

So far I added a Kaoko throttle lock, Steve's backrest bracket and a center stand.
More stuff on the way....

Wayne

seadog
06-28-2016, 08:54 PM
Welcome from the great state of Michigan. This is the best place to be with an F6B as there is more info here than you can shake a stick at. There are no stupid questions as someone on here usually has the answer in detail....

wiggy
06-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Welcome from the great state of Michigan. This is the best place to be with an F6B as there is more info here than you can shake a stick at. There are no stupid questions as someone on here usually has the answer in detail....

+1 on what seadog said. You've come to the right place to learn about this great bike and share you own experiences. The customizing is just beginning! But it's fun to make your bike your own.

Congrats and welcome!

stroguy
06-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Man it's like Zika virus in here. Everyone is getting B's. Love it. Welcome, you're gonna love this bike.

53driver
06-28-2016, 09:52 PM
'welcome gang'

Welcome Wayne!
Truly an amazing machine.
Do yourself a favor and dig into these forum threads deep.
Check out the one
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8838-Things-a-new-bike-owner-needs-to-consider&highlight=new%2C+owner%2C+thing

...and please check your final drive oil level!

Also, if you can make it, our rally is in Arkansas this year.

Cheers!
Steve

.welcome20.

GaTeach
06-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Splits a smile! Lol. YES! Best bike EVER.

Steve 0080
06-28-2016, 10:15 PM
'welcome gang' to the board!!!

Ixol Phaane
06-29-2016, 12:30 AM
.welcome20.

Welcome to the party!

Splits a smile! Lol. YES! Best bike EVER.

GaTeach would know... 35k in 12 months! BABC!

vmaxed
06-29-2016, 05:39 AM
'welcome gang'

shooter
06-29-2016, 06:54 AM
Man it's like Zika virus in here. Everyone is getting B's. Love it. Welcome, you're gonna love this bike.

What if they run out Stro and we need another one. This ain't good. I'm gonna start talking bad about mine. Hey new guy , you better make that one last. Welcome.

Broken Hand
06-29-2016, 07:43 AM
My head just touched the clouds with all the warm welcomes. A few more greetings and I'll be in rainbow territory! (Clouds taste like cotton candy, but I hear rainbows beat Skittles by a long shot.)

I found the thread recommended by 53driver invaluable (needs a sticky) and have already been working my way down the list.

My biggest challenge is fixing the passenger backrest. I've raised the butt chock to a lower backrest, but both my kids have complained about sore backs after rides. I'm now looking at Corbin's F6B pad ($323, ouch...hurts just typing that number), but that looks like the best solution for both comfort and easy detaching when riding solo.

I live in a small city ~35,000, and so far have had 5 people come up to me to admire the F6. Remarkably, since Honda introduced the F6B, I believe I own the first one in town. Local dealer had a black one sit for 2 years, then they shipped it to another dealer.

Two of the guys who approached me in a Home Depot parking lot both ride GWs. They said they didn't like the look of the F6 on the showroom floor, but seeing it in the wild changed their minds...until they heard how many accoutrements were stripped off a full GW to make the bagger. :icon_doh:LOL.

I'm already headed to Utah in Sept. for the first Southern Utah Super Tenere rally, too bad I traded in the bike (insert second LOL). Maybe next year I'll make the Arkansas rally, hopefully on a F6B (I need to stop trading-in bikes before rallies.)

Wayne