PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out For Flagmen!

YikesCops
06-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Decided to ride to a nearby town for lunch on the B today. Roadwork being done, and one side was closed with a couple of flagmen allowing traffic to go by the one remaining lane by alternative "stop" or 'slow." Long story/short, I got the "slow" sign after a short wait, got about 50 yards and was facing a line of oncoming cars traveling about 30 MPH. Myself, and the cars behind me, had to hit the closed lane to get out of the way. I would have not have fared as well as them if hit in a head on.

Nice try guys, but not this time. Some days it seems like everyone is trying to kill you. What gives?

Kdarmy
06-29-2016, 06:00 PM
I hear ya!....I have to "deal" with someone it seems like every day I take the bike out!

I often wonder "Is it just me??"...I try to stay constantly aware of my surroundings and practice safe riding techniques on every ride, but some days I'm just like..."Oh come on!!, Are you kidding me!!":banghead:

I'm actually surprised on days I make it back home and didn't have to blow the horn on someone.

Keith

Ixol Phaane
06-29-2016, 07:34 PM
... Some days it seems like everyone is trying to kill you. What gives?

Over the years I've found it's best to assume on every ride that they ARE trying to kill you. :icon_evil:
I promise, it'll make a better rider of you.

seadog
06-29-2016, 07:58 PM
https://apothegms.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/dragon-bw.jpg?w=700