PDA

View Full Version : Shift lever position

mercator1
06-29-2016, 02:03 PM
I rode an F6B again, and the thing that's really got me still on the fence about swapping out my R1200RT (besides losing my shirt) is the shifter position. With a stiff boot on, I almost can't point my toe down enough to get under the shifter. It seems like the shifter's position, relative to the peg, is just weird. Has anyone used one of the peg lowering kits, and did it help?

Thanks.

Wing'n it
06-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Lowering the pegs with the Kury drop mounts and their pegs will get you what you want but not without a drawback. The lower pegs become draggers if your a corner carver. I had them on mine for a short time and really liked them, only touched the ground a couple of times in really hard curves but a better seat took away the need for the lower pegs...for me.

stroguy
06-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Ditto with Wing, I like the mini boards not being full boards. I don't like pegs, I don't like floorboards. I drag my mini boards once in a few moons, but we don't have corners in suburbia Houston. I wear stiff boots and the mini boards put the shifter in a great location.

shooter
06-29-2016, 03:13 PM
I rode an F6B again, and the thing that's really got me still on the fence about swapping out my R1200RT (besides losing my shirt) is the shifter position. With a stiff boot on, I almost can't point my toe down enough to get under the shifter. It seems like the shifter's position, relative to the peg, is just weird. Has anyone used one of the peg lowering kits, and did it help?

Thanks.

I agree with you 100%. The mini boards help and I drag them all the time. DHS racing makes a kit that is infinitely adjustable and makes it a short throw. If I can find time this winter I'm gonna try it.

1951vbs
06-29-2016, 04:45 PM

Thanks.

I like the stock pegs but had the same problem you did. I cut off the shifter peg rubber and replaced with a piece of fuel line. I have plenty of room for my Alpinstar riding boots now.