PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth

jimsol1
06-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Cleanest way to get iPhone controls to handlebars is Bluetooth button from Amazon. Satechi is the brand and it comes with a steering wheel mount that fits stock handgrip perfectly. 29.99. There is more than 1 type, I got the one with play/pause, volume up/down, and skip forward/back. I leave iPhone 6s in cubby plugged into aux cord and charger mounted in there. Set my genre on Amazon or Pandora and skip songs at will, pause, or volume up/down with left thumb. I don't feel the need to see phone. It really is the cleanest setup I've tried. Your phone stays out of view. Unless your phone is huge.
Jim

Hornblower
06-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Is this the one you're using:

https://www.amazon.com/Satechi%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Button-iPhone-Samsung/dp/B00RM75NL0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1467326707&sr=1-1&keywords=satechi+bluetooth

jimsol1
06-30-2016, 07:51 PM
That's the one.

stan0614
07-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Cleanest way to get iPhone controls to handlebars is Bluetooth button from Amazon. Satechi is the brand and it comes with a steering wheel mount that fits stock handgrip perfectly. 29.99. There is more than 1 type, I got the one with play/pause, volume up/down, and skip forward/back. I leave iPhone 6s in cubby plugged into aux cord and charger mounted in there. Set my genre on Amazon or Pandora and skip songs at will, pause, or volume up/down with left thumb. I don't feel the need to see phone. It really is the cleanest setup I've tried. Your phone stays out of view. Unless your phone is huge.
Jim

I think it’s going to get pretty popular. This thing fits the F6B Handlebar perfectly. I put the phone in the cubbyhole either in the fairing or run a cable extension to the center console ( iPhone 6plus is too big for the fairing pocket ).
Fast Forward / Reverse / Pause / Play / Volume Higher / Volume Lower.
I’ve read reviews where it is NOT waterproof.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM75NL0/ref=s9_al_bw_g107_i4

pilotguy299
07-01-2016, 05:41 PM
I plug my iPhone 6s into the usb port in the left saddlebag, and the handlebar controls work on it for volume & song advance.

luckyluciano
07-14-2016, 10:13 PM
I plug my iPhone 6s into the usb port in the left saddlebag, and the handlebar controls work on it for volume & song advance.

Right! Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?

Only problem is my iPhone 6 doesn't seem to work. Could it be the cable?

MisterB
07-14-2016, 10:44 PM

If the sound isn't working you may have to press the AUX button.
If the controller isn't working have you paired it?

Broken Hand
07-15-2016, 03:20 AM

My 6s+ works in saddlebag. Sometimes these cables go bad and need replaced. Try changing your cable after following MisterB's suggestion. Buy a certified MFI (Made For Iphone) lightning cable.

gregj
07-15-2016, 06:30 AM
My 5s doesnt work connected to the USB port, and have tried multiple known good cables. I think some models of iPhone will work and others will not.

I got this button a few weeks ago, used strong velco to attach it to the top of the left bar control - nice flat spot for it. Very difficult to use it with gloves on, and sometimes it takes several pushes of the button for it to work. This is after making sure it is paired, and works with each button press after startup.