PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Sturgis

Greg O
07-01-2016, 05:43 PM
Been riding for 40 + years and have never been there, am I missing anything. Not this year for sure. I know the rides around the area are fantastic.

wantone
07-01-2016, 09:24 PM
I was there last year and it was fun. Three of us went the week before the sturgis rally. I was riding F6B on the way to sturgis when a pick up truck cut me off on I64 W and my bike was totaled. I was lucky and only had minor road rash. Asked my friend to pick me from the scene of an accident, rode my car to KY where my friends were waiting. I followed them to sturgis in a car. I now ride street glide and am planning to ride there this year. I may move to WA state in next 2 months. Planning on riding from WV to key west-New Orleans-San Antonio-El-Paso-Grand Canyon-Yellow stone to WA state or taking a ride north east to WA.

Bdog
07-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Have been there a couple if times. I believe you would enjoy it. There are a lot of greats rides out there and a lot of cool stuff to see. Depending on how for away you live, the ride there itself is an adventure. And for the most-part its not as wild as the tv shows make it out to be. However, if you want to see all the debauchery, you can buy day passes to one of the huge campgrounds.

choptop
07-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Should arrive on the 3rd and leave on the 9th, staying at Glencoe again, should be about 20 of us.

nvmyf6
07-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Sturgis, oh yeah, I was there last year.

Nice scenic roads to ride on.

You can take a bus tour in Deadwood, and see Wild Bill Hickok's grave site.

You can ride to the Black Hills in Keystone and see Mount Rushmore

Sturgis and the area around it is a nice place to visit :biggthumpup:

choptop
07-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Rainy day so a perfect chance to test pack the Bushtec, kitchen sink won't fit:icon_frown: but I think most everything else I want will.:yes:

Penguin
07-23-2016, 11:20 PM
Been there 3 times. Definitely go to see the sites they are truly amazing. Just go 1 week after the rally, you will enjoy yourself so much more not having to fight your way to see the sites. And its a lot safer.

broncsrule21
07-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Go anytime BUT during the rally. Lots to see, good roads, and less judging.

choptop
07-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Been there 3 times. Definitely go to see the sites they are truly amazing. Just go 1 week after the rally, you will enjoy yourself so much more not having to fight your way to see the sites. And its a lot safer.

We go the week before, get 4 days of riding in cause by Saturday the hills turn into a parade, and leave a couple of days after it officially opens.

Penguin
07-24-2016, 02:30 PM
We go the week before, get 4 days of riding in cause by Saturday the hills turn into a parade, and leave a couple of days after it officially opens.

Also great advice, that way you can experience some of the madness.

choptop
07-24-2016, 04:01 PM
Also great advice, that way you can experience some of the madness.

Yes some of it, we stay at Glencoe campground and the madness is abundant. A couple, three nights of tittie alley and all that goes w/it is enough for me. I see things that can not be unseen, example:22391 lol

stroguy
07-24-2016, 04:20 PM
I've seen that in National Geographic.

choptop
07-24-2016, 04:24 PM
I've seen that in National Geographic.

Well it not just for nekid aborigines and lost tribes of the rain forest anymore.:yikes: