stevenolts
07-03-2016, 12:59 PM
What kind of brakes pads do you use?
Steve

bob109
07-03-2016, 01:54 PM
Steve

The stock Honda pads deliver great service without excessive wear to the rotors! Replaced mine with approximately 30K miles wear from the originals.

BIGLRY
07-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Steve
OEM and nothing else goes on my Hondas. I have found either the aftermarket pads are to hard on the rotors and wear the rotors out prematurely or the pads are to soft and wear themselves out way to fast or are very noisy when used. The OEM Honda brake pads have given me the most life with less sound and easiest on the rotors of any aftermarket pads I ever tried an their price ain't bad either imo.

stevenolts
07-03-2016, 02:07 PM
I had already read that a long time back but I wanted to confirm.

How long do your Honda pads last? Front? Back?
Where do you buy the Honda OEM brake pads?

I am at 18000 miles and will be changing the tires soon so I want to have brake pads around just in case I need them.
Steve

BIGLRY
07-03-2016, 02:18 PM
I had already read that a long time back but I wanted to confirm.

How long do your Honda pads last? Front? Back? Depends, if it is my VTX1800 about 20K on rear 15K on front. On my Rune 25K front and back. I have not had to change the pads on my F6B yet and they have about 18K on them with a lot of life still in them
Where do you buy the Honda OEM brake pads? Cheapest online Honda parts store I can find.

I am at 18000 miles and will be changing the tires soon so I want to have brake pads around just in case I need them. I keep a spare set for all my Hondas on the shelf at all times
Steve
;hdrider;

willtill
07-03-2016, 02:40 PM
OEM here as well...when it is time.

I'm currently using EBC scintered pads on my DR650; only because my rear rotor developed grooves and the EBC's will take care of that. :icon_wink:

Steve 0080
07-03-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm currently using EBC sintered pads, just installed them on the GL...the OEM when wet did not seem to hold as good... the EBC are all business !!!

woody
07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
I fitted the genuine Honda pads. I have used EBC pads on a BMW and they trashed the discs so I won't risk going there again.

BIGLRY
07-03-2016, 05:59 PM
I fitted the genuine Honda pads. I have used EBC pads on a BMW and they trashed the discs so I won't risk going there again.
I'm not saying the EBC pads don't work just fine at stopping an maybe a tad better than OEM,:shrug: but :icon_rolleyes: that is a common issue with EBC pads and why I never use them even if they are priced cheaper than OEM.

woody
07-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Totally agree they worked just fine, it's that they were harsh on the disc's. I have heard that they work perfectly with EBC discs but I have not tried them.