PDA

View Full Version : New Corbin seat and backrest mounted

Rikrok
09-07-2013, 02:02 PM
I just put on the new Corbin. Rock hard at this point, as expected. Going to let the wife try out the passenger backrest to see if it is her liking. I put in a driver backrest that I already had, hense the leather mismatch.

As a side note to BikeMp3 if you stumble across this. Do you think your new rear rack will work for this application?

billv45
09-08-2013, 08:09 AM
So what texture/color did you select?

Rikrok
09-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I went with Asphalt vinyl for the sides and Black Bomber leather for the seating surfaces. It is a very soft material with a little dark gray marbleing. I played around with the idea of orange piping and threading, but they never seem to wear well and dirty easily.

F6B-RICH
09-08-2013, 08:28 AM
I have had my Corbin for a few weeks now and love it.I did some good miles on it yesterday doing Roar To The Shore Wildwwod and it was great.The
stock seat killed my ass so I am very happy the Corbin and my ass are liking each other.

ff73148
09-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree with Rich. Had my Corbin for two months now and I am happy with it. Haven't had a chance to do any long days in it but I've done plenty of 100+ days and I'm fine. My wife loves the huge backrest that gets mounted to the Honda hardware.

billv45
09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
I'd like to hear some comments on the seating position of the Corbin vs the stock. I've got a 30" inseam and can't quite get both feet flat on the ground due to the wideness of the OEM. Is the Corbin any narrower and a shorter reach to the ground?
cheers

F6B-RICH
09-08-2013, 12:54 PM
I'd like to hear some comments on the seating position of the Corbin vs the stock. I've got a 30" inseam and can't quite get both feet flat on the ground due to the wideness of the OEM. Is the Corbin any narrower and a shorter reach to the ground?
cheers

Not my Corbin.I am 6' 2" and I am flat footed but you might have a problem.

Rikrok
09-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I also have a 30" inseam. It seems just like the stock to me as far as reach. If I am pushed back in e seat I am on about 2/3 of my foot. If I scoot forward just a bit to get my butt out of the well, then I'm am lat feet.

ff73148
09-08-2013, 07:02 PM
I barely have a 31" inseam. I will admit that when I come to a stop I might have to move forward but it's not an issue for me. I'm more interested how comfortable I am when I'm moving.

Mustangjake
09-14-2013, 04:04 PM
My Corbin seat is at ups office will be at my house Monday I post pics soon.

hgslayr
09-15-2013, 07:07 PM
http://www.corbin.com/honda/hf6bdte.shtml

Mustangjake
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
I Got mine installed,now I need a passenger back rest.

kjelders
09-19-2013, 10:28 PM
The seat looks great

MercuryF1
09-22-2013, 05:49 AM
The Corbin dual tour seat. Are they custom made tailored to the rider(+ pillion) or are they all made with the same specs?

Rikrok
09-22-2013, 09:11 AM
The Corbin dual tour seat. Are they custom made tailored to the rider(+ pillion) or are they all made with the same specs?

I think they are all the same with the exception of your leather choice. My wife is not very happy with the back rest. Neither one in the passenger position will tilt far enough forward to make contact with her back. She would have to recline in a very uncomfortable position to use it properly. I have talked to Corbin and their solution is to add more passing and over stuff it. That doesn't sound very visually appealing.

MSGT-R
09-22-2013, 10:11 AM
For all you short-inseam guys.. I have a 26" inseam, and the prototype that Mike made for me is working just fine. This seat is about as skinny and low as they can go. Yes, it's the smuggler seat, but the back seat is modular; you can just order that instead of the trunk. My back pad is thicker too so it will contact my lower back better. Corbin can also do the same for the touring seat, just tell them you want it as cut down as the prototype they made for me.

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/08/12/bikepics-2586643-full.jpg

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/07/11/bikepics-2576045-full.jpg

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/07/11/bikepics-2576043-full.jpg

MercuryF1
09-22-2013, 10:30 AM
That looks the business MSGT-R!

With the smuggler version, does the pillion have the choice of using a back rest too? I am beginning to like the smuggler version but if it cannot accommodate a backrest for the pillion, I will opt for the Dual Tour seat instead. It is no fun riding the F6B with a pillion behind holding on to you for dear life!

bobbyf6b
09-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Your bike looks amazing MSGT-R. That seat and trunk are really cool.

Mustangjake
09-22-2013, 02:52 PM
MSGT-R that seat is very cool !
Mine is a little wide when I stop
But fine when riding would love to get mine a little narrower.

MSGT-R
09-22-2013, 09:24 PM
That looks the business MSGT-R!

With the smuggler version, does the pillion have the choice of using a back rest too? I am beginning to like the smuggler version but if it cannot accommodate a backrest for the pillion, I will opt for the Dual Tour seat instead. It is no fun riding the F6B with a pillion behind holding on to you for dear life!

Yeah, the back seat section comes with the hole to insert a back rest, or you can put the factory one on. The Smuggler trunk covers the mounting points for that backrest (I think it uses them to hold it on). It's all modular.

To me, the seat is still wide, but not as wide as the stocker. This bike is a lot larger than my GL1100 and any other Honda I've owned (or now own). Corbin skinnied it down right behind the seat-horn section, right where you'd put your feet down, without affecting the butt section. Can't get it any skinnier than that, because of the seat pan design.

BillyDaFinn
09-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, the back seat section comes with the hole to insert a back rest, or you can put the factory one on. The Smuggler trunk covers the mounting points for that backrest (I think it uses them to hold it on). It's all modular.

To me, the seat is still wide, but not as wide as the stocker. This bike is a lot larger than my GL1100 and any other Honda I've owned (or now own). Corbin skinnied it down right behind the seat-horn section, right where you'd put your feet down, without affecting the butt section. Can't get it any skinnier than that, because of the seat pan design.

I took your advise when I ordered mine, having them reshape the front of the saddle so I can get both feet flat footed on the ground, still 2 weeks out, waiting with great anticipation.

B.

dig rkmc
10-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I have had my Corbin seat since Laconia in June. This weekend I had to access battery along road (another story). I found the seat must come off. Major PITA NOT Cool. Be aware...