PDA

View Full Version : Stock seat and rider backrest

DonDumas
07-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Can someone post a profile picture of a rider backrest on the stock seat showing the max forward position? I'm looking into getting a rider backrest and the only side view I have found is not a stock seat or picture is at a 45 degree angle.
Thanks I would appreciate it.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Can someone post a profile picture of a rider backrest on the stock seat showing the max forward position? I'm looking into getting a rider backrest and the only side view I have found is not a stock seat or picture is at a 45 degree angle.
Thanks I would appreciate it.

I can take pictures when I get home if these don't do, but I'm not sure what your after. The Utopia Backrest is adjustable in so many ways, Forward, up and down and angle.
The picture on the left shows where I was comfortable but it can be adjusted much farther forward if you care.

Also my Stock seat with the Utopia Backrest already installed is for sale if you don't want to cut into your seat.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8655-Stock-Seat-with-Utopia-Backrest-350

DonDumas
07-06-2016, 04:39 PM
I need/looking for a backrest that can keep my butt off the 45 degree incline between the front and back seat.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-06-2016, 04:58 PM
I need/looking for a backrest that can keep my butt off the 45 degree incline between the front and back seat.

If you zoom in on the pic on the right you will see a socket head screw (allen screw) You turn that down and the backrest will push forward. The more you screw it in, the farther it pivots forward. The screw above that will raise the backrest. look close you will see multiple holes to move the backrest up and down. You may be surprised how far forward it will go.

smiley
07-07-2016, 06:14 PM
220672206822069 Show Chrome Smart Mount backrest. I set it at the most forward mounted position with the level plum to give you a better evaluation. Hope this helps.

taxfree4
07-07-2016, 06:39 PM
If you need to be a little more forward and have air circulation on your back I made this video using the pillion size Beadrider, it fits perfectly on the Utopia.

https://youtu.be/QNzbXKhogt4

rdeady
07-07-2016, 08:58 PM
220672206822069 Show Chrome Smart Mount backrest. I set it at the most forward mounted position with the level plum to give you a better evaluation. Hope this helps.
Those are great pics Smiley I was thinking the backrest was way to far back also but this one looks like it would work for me

DonDumas
07-07-2016, 09:59 PM
cool!
Thanks Smiley that is just the shot I was looking for.

taxfree4
Thanks for the idea.
I just tried a bead rider for the first time last week and it was nice but didn't think of it for a back rest.

smiley
07-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Those are great pics Smiley I was thinking the backrest was way to far back also but this one looks like it would work for me

I actually have it set for me with the adjustments all the way in the other direction. It puts the rest exactly where I wanted support.

taxfree4
07-08-2016, 01:49 AM
cool!
Thanks Smiley that is just the shot I was looking for.

taxfree4
Thanks for the idea.
I just tried a bead rider for the first time last week and it was nice but didn't think of it for a back rest.

It serves the same purpose as when it's on the seat- air circulation. You'll never have to lean forward on those long rides to dry off your back.