PDA

View Full Version : Sena 20s

shortleg0521
07-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Just got a small box from the lady in my life and low and behold I
find a Sena 20s. Well thi should be fun.
I have jumped into the future of ridding. At least for me.
I got halfway through all the programing and my ever loving
comes in and tell me about an app for my cell phone that
I cold had used instead.
Oh well, It,s great for music AND SUCH.
Then sweetie comes in just as I have returned from the future installing mine
and proceeds to say Oh here,s another for my helmet.
Well as that famous American said Doh!!!!
shortleg

lloydmoore1
07-06-2016, 11:22 AM
I've had mine for a month now and love it. The app makes it easier to add other users and you can program your speed dial a lot easier. Just make sure if you pair your GPS you have to turn the volume up only when the GPS is talking to you. Took me a while to catch on to that one.
The battery last a long time on a charge. Also when I answer my phone people can't believe on my bike because it is very clear.
Enjoy
Lloyd

shortleg0521
07-06-2016, 11:31 AM
I've had mine for a month now and love it. The app makes it easier to add other users and you can program your speed dial a lot easier. Just make sure if you pair your GPS you have to turn the volume up only when the GPS is talking to you. Took me a while to catch on to that one.
The battery last a long time on a charge. Also when I answer my phone people can't believe on my bike because it is very clear.
Enjoy
Lloyd

About the gps, can I use my Garmin nuvi 2598 or do the gps used have to be motorcycle spacific?
I can get the gps to see it by way of bluetooth then gps says not a phone.
Guessing that the pnly thing my gps will work with is a phone so you can use the gps as a hands free device.
for your phone pnly.

Steve 0080
07-06-2016, 01:43 PM
If it is Bluetooth it should be fine... Sena is coming out with a new toy that will allow you to plug into the bike connection and listen to the radio thru the Sena, and allow you to operate a C.B. (OEM) if you have the GL. I will post when I have it in hand. There is a wireless unit coming out in Sept or Oct as well. I will post when I have it in hand as well. FYI... both models will operate the C.B. if you have one, (OEM).

F6Dave
07-06-2016, 01:54 PM
About the gps, can I use my Garmin nuvi 2598 or do the gps used have to be motorcycle spacific?
I can get the gps to see it by way of bluetooth then gps says not a phone.
Guessing that the pnly thing my gps will work with is a phone so you can use the gps as a hands free device.
for your phone pnly.

I have a similar Garmin and had the same issue. I think many automotive GPS units basically connect to a phone to provide hands free calling, so with the Sena it's like you're connecting 2 devices that essentially do the same thing.

The Zumo has motorcycle-specific functionality like voice commands, which can be handled without a headset in a car. It's a great GPS but costs much more. I'm perfectly happy with my Nuvi, and especially like the live traffic feature. I also love my Sena. It's light years ahead of the Cardo Scala I had.