PDA

View Full Version : front end squeak

rock lobster
07-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Anyone out there have a squeak develop in the front end? happens at very low speed or stopped when I move the bars,sounds like something rubbing inside the fairing.Only 2000 km on the bike so I doubt something is worn out,looking for the simple fix before I take it to the dealer and look like a "dumb ass"

bob109
07-08-2016, 05:55 AM
Anyone out there have a squeak develop in the front end? happens at very low speed or stopped when I move the bars,sounds like something rubbing inside the fairing.Only 2000 km on the bike so I doubt something is worn out,looking for the simple fix before I take it to the dealer and look like a "dumb ass"

Get a can of CRC Heavy Duty Silicone and give the front "tupperware" a few shots to any and all surfaces. It dries quickly without any residue and just may remove your "squeak"! Nothing ventured. nothing gained!:039:

seadog
07-08-2016, 05:59 AM
To the fork seal guard that protects the front fork seals from bugs and debris and sit right atop the front fender. They have a tendency to rub on the front fender and make noise.

willtill
07-08-2016, 07:04 AM
...under the seat "creak" somewhere on mine. I heard it last night as I was flat footing the bike around and getting it into the shed. :shhh:

rock lobster
07-11-2016, 04:02 AM
To the fork seal guard that protects the front fork seals from bugs and debris and sit right atop the front fender. They have a tendency to rub on the front fender and make noise.

wrenched that guard around a bit and voila no more squeak,thanks man