PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a Farrier in Navasota TX?

stroguy
07-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Dropped my bike of at Cycle Shack North in Conroe this AM for her checkup and radiator spit up problem. Waiting in line was another 15 Matte Silver B with a kind Christian gentleman named Charlie. He bought his bike in August while on a trip through AreKansas. He stopped in at HOR and they made him a deal he couldn't refuse. Good trade in numbers on his HD, so he bought his F6B. Told him about the forum but he lives in the sticks and don't do much internety thingy. Also told him about the September rally in AreKansas and he was all for it. Hopefully he will join up and add his name for the rally when he returns from his Rocky Mountain bike excursion next week.

It's a great start to the day and weekend when you meet somebody that nice. Hope he is saying the same to his wifey.

Steve 0080
07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
And he is a farrier and you are trying to get him some work?

stroguy
07-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Got his bizz card, but I get the impression he enjoys and spends more time riding than shoeing.

shooter
07-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Not too many farriers left in this country. Its hard work. Used to do my own horses. Never was real fast but it saved me a lot of money. The pay can be very lucrative especially around the large cities. The farrier camps out at the large stables where the rich city folks board their horses. Shoes are still fairly cheap and fees range from 65 to 105 per horse. If your horse has special needs it is more. Average horse can be shod or refitted in under an hour.

Steve 0080
07-10-2016, 11:29 PM
It has been a while since I have owned horses. I kept at least four for several years.. I team penned on one and did some day work and had another for joy riding with the fam. I don't remember what I was paying for a trim...I think it was $25, but did not shoe any of mine. This was in...let me think... let me remember.... 1995 era.

Being a farrier was back breaking work!

seadog
07-11-2016, 09:25 PM
I never liked anything that burnt fuel while it was standing still!:crackup:

stroguy
09-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Well Charlie made it to Arkansas and I'm glad he did. If you got to talk with him you saw how nice a gentleman he is. We left at 7 this AM and we split paths at Marshall TX. We both arrived at 4:30 at home and we both got rained on just before getting home. I kinda didn't mind the rain cause I had a great time wth all and Charlie made it just a bit better.

Bighutch14
09-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Well Charlie made it to Arkansas and I'm glad he did. If you got to talk with him you saw how nice a gentleman he is. We left at 7 this AM and we split paths at Marshall TX. We both arrived at 4:30 at home and we both got rained on just before getting home. I kinda didn't mind the rain cause I had a great time wth all and Charlie made it just a bit better.

Charlie was a great guy. Hope he makes it to the next rally. Really a pleasure to chat with.

53driver
09-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Charlie rocked!!!!
I hope he joins!
Stevee