PDA

View Full Version : Need a little info

valkmc
07-12-2016, 09:09 AM
I posted earlier about running over a pallet on I-77 at speed about a month ago. Since that time my bike has been sitting at a dealership in SC (I am in FL) and Honda can not seem to find a final drive. It has been on back order since June 14th and according to Honda they have no idea when one will become available.

I know some guys have purchased drive train parts from trike shops and progressive says they will consider one if I can locate it. Anybody know of any trike shops that may have a final drive. I thought I would check here first. I will be doing a internet search for trike shops and starting to call all of them later today.

Thanks in advance for any information.

bob109
07-12-2016, 09:32 AM
I posted earlier about running over a pallet on I-77 at speed about a month ago. Since that time my bike has been sitting at a dealership in SC (I am in FL) and Honda can not seem to find a final drive. It has been on back order since June 14th and according to Honda they have no idea when one will become available.

I know some guys have purchased drive train parts from trike shops and progressive says they will consider one if I can locate it. Anybody know of any trike shops that may have a final drive. I thought I would check here first. I will be doing a internet search for trike shops and starting to call all of them later today.

Visit E-bay and plug in GL1800 Final Drive! You'll find numerous one for sale at reasonable prices:039: There's a Trike Shop located in Inverness Fl. which is technically in your back yard of Ocala Fl. The shop advertises they have 10 final drives on hand!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-GOLDWING-GL1800-199-FINAL-DRIVE-DIFF-SWINGARM-ROTOR-CALIPER-/112049433707?hash=item1a16aaac6b:g:QXIAAOSwrx5UWka-&vxp=mtr

F6Dave
07-12-2016, 11:26 AM

There's a Honda dealership in Colorado Springs that does a lot of trike conversions. There had a stack of Goldwing rear wheels and I bought a spare from them. They might have some final drives. The dealer is Apex Sports, phone 719-475-2437. I would ask for Doyne -- he's the owner and personally does the trike conversions.

valkmc
07-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Visit E-bay and plug in GL1800 Final Drive! You'll find numerous one for sale at reasonable prices:039: There's a Trike Shop located in Inverness Fl. which is technically in your back yard of Ocala Fl. The shop advertises they have 10 final drives on hand!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-GOLDWING-GL1800-199-FINAL-DRIVE-DIFF-SWINGARM-ROTOR-CALIPER-/112049433707?hash=item1a16aaac6b:g:QXIAAOSwrx5UWka-&vxp=mtr

Thanks Bob,

It's not to hard to find one off a Wing, it's just hard to find a black one off a 6. I may have to resort to painting one. I'm still looking.

stevenolts
07-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Did you try Honda of Russelville?

How much do they charge for a take off final drive anyway?
Steve

F6Dave
07-12-2016, 11:50 AM
Thanks Bob,

It's not to hard to find one off a Wing, it's just hard to find a black one off a 6. I may have to resort to painting one. I'm still looking.

I got lucky. When I was looking for a spare wheel, Doyne had just triked one of those anniversary edition Wings with the black wheels. It even included a new OEM Bridgestone.

unsub
07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Are you saying that your bike is at a Honda Dealer, and they can't source a part? Or is your bike at an independent dealer and they can't source a Honda part?

Phantom
07-12-2016, 12:11 PM
:icon_cool::yes:

I have in my inventory of spare parts a NEW "0" mile BLACK F6B final drive.

Has the rear brake rotor but NO rear brake caliper.

I can ship it out late this week or early next week to your dealership.

$150 plus $50 shipping.

That is what I paid for it. You can have it for what I have into it.

Check your PM for my phone number.

valkmc
07-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Are you saying that your bike is at a Honda Dealer, and they can't source a part? Or is your bike at an independent dealer and they can't source a Honda part?

Honda Dealer, I called Honda in California and they don't have one and can't give me a date either.

valkmc
07-12-2016, 12:46 PM

$150 plus $50 shipping.

Check your PM for my phone number.

I will take it, per our phone conversation I will send you the shipping address (PM) and make payment whenever you are ready.

Thank You, I have had it with Honda and Insurance, you saved the day.

Chas
07-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Reading this thread is quite heartening! Look at the people who jumped in and offered help and then Phantom was able to give exactly what was needed. Very cool. :lolup::yes:

BIGLRY
07-12-2016, 02:59 PM

$150 plus $50 shipping.

Check your PM for my phone number.And another reason why this forum is such a great site.'all/right'

opas ride
07-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I also find this site very helpful and full of good guys....But, what the hell is wrong with Honda parts that they cannot supply a final drive for a very popular and long time model to a dealer and customer in need???...Sounds like someone is "screwing the pooch" along the line somewhere....JMHO...Good luck and hope it all works out for you soon..Without knowing all the facts, this kind of thing would really upset me, as I am sure it has you, and very possibly end my relationship with Mother Honda!!!

willtill
07-12-2016, 03:22 PM
I also find this site very helpful and full of good guys....But, what the hell is wrong with Honda parts that they cannot supply a final drive for a very popular and long time model to a dealer and customer in need???...Sounds like someone is "screwing the pooch" along the line somewhere....JMHO...Good luck and hope it all works out for you soon..Without knowing all the facts, this kind of thing would really upset me, as I am sure it has you, and very possibly end my relationship with Mother Honda!!!

So what are you going to do? Go back to Victory? :poke:

:icon_lol:

:icon_wink:

bob109
07-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks Bob,

Several coats of Black Plastic-Dip and you'll be "golden":icon_wink:

valkmc
07-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Several coats of Black Plastic-Dip and you'll be "golden":icon_wink:

That is where I was heading, I have several cans of Plastic-Dip in the garage I love the stuff.
I am very thankful for all the help I received. Thanks to Phantom I don't have to wait on Honda. I hope to be able return the favor to someone on the board in the future.

valkmc
07-12-2016, 05:12 PM

It's not that they don't have one it's that they can't even give a projected date. I spent a couple of hours with Honda customer service by phone today with out any success. I can tell most of the reps I spoke with either don't ride or have multiple bikes because they don't get the urgency. They were talking about 6-8 weeks more and seemed to feel that was OK.

Steve 0080
07-12-2016, 07:38 PM
I have had to wait 8 weeks for a part from Honda......but they had to make it !!! Honda can be slow. I have been waiting about 10 days for a rotor at this point. Just goes to show that a few folks have spare parts and are willing share!

3Chief
07-12-2016, 09:01 PM
I have had to wait 8 weeks for a part from Honda......but they had to make it !!! Honda can be slow. I have been waiting about 10 days for a rotor at this point. Just goes to show that a few folks have spare parts and are willing share!

And that having a second bike is a good thing :icon_biggrin: