PDA

View Full Version : Gps

choptop
07-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Received my Zumo 390 in the mail today, using the supplied ram mount I have it secured to the clutch bracket. Because I am some what lazy I am going to wire it into the left side cubby. my question is I hear talk of people being able to use the audio 3.5mm plug to hook their gps to the speakers. My 390 does not have a 3.5 jack, just a usb port in the back, am I sht out of luck ? Thanks in advance

shortleg0521
07-13-2016, 10:00 PM
Received my Zumo 390 in the mail today, using the supplied ram mount I have it secured to the clutch bracket. Because I am some what lazy I am going to wire it into the left side cubby. my question is I hear talk of people being able to use the audio 3.5mm plug to hook their gps to the speakers. My 390 does not have a 3.5 jack, just a usb port in the back, am I sht out of luck ? Thanks in advance

I am using the Bluetooth way of listening to the directions.
By way of a sena 20s.
Seems now a days Bluetooth is the way these things are going.
shortleg

choptop
07-13-2016, 10:29 PM
I take that back, I do have a 3.5 audio thingy, was hidden under a flap on the bottom of the unit, have to get used to these Zumo's.

choptop
07-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Just finished wiring the Garmin in the left side cubby now for a 200 mile trip to a town I have never been to before, will be my first time w/ a gps on a bike.

Sorcerer
07-14-2016, 10:12 PM
You will love it. Just be careful, they can be distracting. Last fall I finally put one on the bike. I'm still a paper map person but slowly starting to get it. My probolm is I'm old enough to still not trust the electronic stuff. Ya I still have a pouch with paper maps in the side bag.

choptop
07-15-2016, 07:34 AM
You will love it. Just be careful, they can be distracting. Last fall I finally put one on the bike. I'm still a paper map person but slowly starting to get it. My probolm is I'm old enough to still not trust the electronic stuff. Ya I still have a pouch with paper maps in the side bag.

Same here and I carry an old Nuvi in the trunk, just in case, case.

unsub
10-20-2016, 07:06 PM
So, you're good to go with audio to the speakers?