PDA

View Full Version : My new Hartco seat arrived today!

Wing'n it
07-15-2016, 09:25 PM
I called and ordered the new seat on June 28th and it showed up today. Talked to Mark down there and he took all the measurements and my weight and said he could build me exactly what i'm looking for. When I opened the box I was pleased with my choice of fabric that I picked out from color samples he sent me to choose from. My choice has blue "specks" in the pattern and it really looks good on the bike. He was able to move me back a little farther since I did not want any backrest brackets in the seat pan. The fiberglass pan uses the stock seat rubber mounts and bushings. The installation of the seat was a bit tricky as they have a little too much padding near the saddle bag latches so it's a bit fiddly to get them to line up but it's workable. I placed a call down to Mark to let him know as he wanted feedback on the installation. So far the seat feels great but tomorrow will be the test as i'm going on a 230 mile ride, so we'll see how it does.
Putting my Corbin up for sale so watch for it in the "for sale" section.

BIGLRY
07-15-2016, 09:33 PM
Nice looking saddle :yes: do let us know how it rides.

shooter
07-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Now that your azz is cradled in velour , don't be thinking that you're better than us vinyl riders.:bowdown: Good looking seat.

Wing'n it
07-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Now that your azz is cradled in velour , don't be thinking that you're better than us vinyl riders.:bowdown: Good looking seat.

Hey it took some serious convincing to get me to go with the velour. But when he told me all day in the sun and it will just be warm not flesh burning hot I was sold and no more sweating. Shame the blue specks don't show up in the pictures.......

Steve 0080
07-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Nice looking seat...Looks like they fixed my pet peeve which was the back of the seat was slanted...hated it!!!

Richie
07-15-2016, 10:31 PM
I also have a Hartco seat and love it!

With the stock seat i was hurting after 50 miles or so. Being old by back is not what it was years ago and every bump was painful.
Mark, made this seat dished out so as to put more weight on my legs and not my tail bone. After 150 or 200 mile ride the seat is great.

Mark is great to deal with.

Richie

shooter
07-16-2016, 01:33 AM
Hey it took some serious convincing to get me to go with the velour. But when he told me all day in the sun and it will just be warm not flesh burning hot I was sold and no more sweating. Shame the blue specks don't show up in the pictures.......

Yeah that is a big benefit. Its been a hot summer this year and several times I've left my coat to shade my seat.

nvmyf6
07-16-2016, 03:37 AM
That looks really nice. :8:

Did they give you any advice for water protection? I wonder if that "Scotch Guard" product would work for a water repellant.

And you did not have to send them your original seat, Humm.

stevenolts
07-16-2016, 06:11 AM
I use my HD Circulator seat pad to shield my seat from the sun while I am in at work. If it is going to rain I throw it in the tour pack and when I come out I have a dry seat pad to sit on. The seat pad really flows air when it is hot.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/circulator-large-seat-pad

Steve

Wing'n it
07-16-2016, 07:23 AM
That looks really nice. :8:

Did they give you any advice for water protection? I wonder if that "Scotch Guard" product would work for a water repellant.

And you did not have to send them your original seat, Humm.

Yes, they actually make a rain cover for the seat but I'm gonna have to talk to them about it as there is no way to install it? The seat fits down in the rear bodywork and with the grab handles you can not install that cover. He also did mention the Scotchguard spray to waterproof it. They also told me the velour is marine grade and will not hurt it to get wet.
No they do not want or need your original seat but you need the rubber bushings and bracket from it.

Wing'n it
07-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Over 300 miles this weekend and it's like this seat is part of my ass! I can't say enough about the knee and hip comfort it gives me being a little higher up and farther back. I did have to change my 11 inch Madstad back to the 15 inch because the wind blast was catching the top of my helmet. If you like to move around on the seat or your an aggressive rider you will not want the velour top cause you can't slide around on it, not a problem for me. Also I came across another small quirk that is more of an irritant than a problem but like the saddlebag latches there is also too much foam in the very front nose of the seat and the fuel door hits it and won't stay open. Again i'm going to see what can be done about this, the big problem is i'm not going to want to part with the seat to send it back for adjustment!!