PDA

View Full Version : Bringing bike in for brake recall Saturday

Greg O
07-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Having the brake recall done on Saturday. I'm am also getting my first oil change done and rear diff. checked. Should I change the triple trees bearings to all ball bearings, if so how much should it cost? Is this a recommended upgrade. Is there anything else I should have the dealer check while the bike is in there. It took a month and a half to get an appointment.

Sorcerer
07-18-2016, 09:00 PM
How many miles on the bike? Are you having handleing probolms when you are dragging hard parts in the corners? Unless you are a really large person and ride like a nut case I don't think you will feel much if any improvement unless you have bad stearing head bearings. If you want to tighten up the front end, add a fork brace. If you need to burn cash, heli bars.

BIGLRY
07-18-2016, 09:13 PM
How many miles on the bike? Are you having handleing probolms when you are dragging hard parts in the corners? Unless you are a really large person and ride like a nut case I don't think you will feel much if any improvement unless you have bad stearing head bearings. If you want to tighten up the front end, add a fork brace. If you need to burn cash, heli bars.One of many good ?

Greg If you have frontend head shake the yes to the "All Ball" bearings or at a min have stem nuts torque checked. How does the bike feel to YOU that is another good ?.