PDA

View Full Version : Tail of the Dragon

lloydmoore1
07-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Rode it 2 days in a row, it was a blast. Might go back again tomorrow and take the wife.

Steve 0080
07-19-2016, 06:54 PM
It is a fun rode especially during the week...weekend, not so much !!!

willtill
07-20-2016, 07:06 AM
Lloyd, did you enjoy riding the Dragon more by going up; or going down it?

stroguy
07-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Most prefer when you go down on it.

lloydmoore1
07-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Lloyd, did you enjoy riding the Dragon more by going up; or going down it?

Going up was easier for sure, going down gave way to some corners where there is no room for error,and my guess would be more accidents going down than up. Did it 4 times and must say it was fun just to dance through the route not speed.
Highway 28 was a blast also, very beautiful and nice curves.

choptop
07-20-2016, 07:52 AM

Still talking about the Dragon ?:lolup:

willtill
07-20-2016, 07:52 AM
Going up was easier for sure, going down gave way to some corners where there is no room for error,and my guess would be more accidents going down than up. Did it 4 times and must say it was fun just to dance through the route not speed.
Highway 28 was a blast also, very beautiful and nice curves.

I agree... I'd rather go up it. Feel that I have better control in the curves with the throttle, as opposed to constantly braking against gravity; even with the application of engine braking.

shooter
07-20-2016, 08:02 AM

:nutkick:

Wing'n it
07-20-2016, 08:47 AM
I had way more fun on the Foothills parkway that the dragon. Long sweeping curves and awesome views. When I was down there they had a Miata club meet that was running the dragon and it was a cluster f**k all weekend, I did manage to get on it and ride on a Tuesday but the trip back was a disaster as some tard got a camper stuck in one of the curves,... idiot!

GaTeach
07-20-2016, 09:34 AM
Foothills Pkwy is one of my favorites. I don't ride it nearly enough.

Hey what's the rest of your schedule? I'm headed to Maggie Valley tomorrow to meet Suezanna and Anna. Be looking for three chicks on F6Bs tearing up the Smokies and going down on Dragons. Or something like that.

stroguy
07-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Still talking about the Dragon ?:lolup:

Dragon?

Hey what's the rest of your schedule? I'm headed to Maggie Valley tomorrow to meet Suezanna and Anna. Be looking for three chicks on F6Bs tearing up the Smokies and going down on Dragons. Or something like that.

Lucky Dragon(s)!

Old Ryder
07-20-2016, 11:46 AM
I had way more fun on the Foothills parkway that the dragon. Long sweeping curves and awesome views. When I was down there they had a Miata club meet that was running the dragon and it was a cluster f**k all weekend, I did manage to get on it and ride on a Tuesday but the trip back was a disaster as some tard got a camper stuck in one of the curves,... idiot!

I have been on the dragon with a number of different bikes, but the most fun was in the wife's MX5 convertible. Best describes as a 180 HP go kart with a 6 speed auto paddle shift transmission. My biggest regret was taking the wife as all I heard for 11 miles and 318 curves was "slow down, you are going to kill us"!

All kidding aside, it was more fun than on a bike.

willtill
07-20-2016, 01:42 PM
I'd like to do the Dragon in a Polaris Slingshot. :yes:

lloydmoore1
07-20-2016, 02:08 PM

We leave Pigeon Forge in the morning for Helen in another cabin for 4 days. If your in the area drop by or give me a shout cause I'm always out riding.

GaTeach
07-21-2016, 11:25 PM

You think you can keep up?

Felloverboard
07-23-2016, 10:38 AM
I have ridden the Dragon several times loaded down which is an extra handicap. My preference will always be the Blue Ridge Parkway tho. More relaxed. The Dragon can be intimidating on weekdays and dangerous on weekends.

53driver
07-26-2016, 08:55 PM

Oh you betcha!
No worries!
Lol.
See y'all at the rally!
Steve

GaTeach
07-27-2016, 08:59 AM
Oh you betcha!
No worries!
Lol.
See y'all at the rally!
Steve

You and Isleen will see nothing but a swirl of green, matte gray, and red...while we ride circles around you.

Unless you're on Saorla. I'll ride sweep and pick up your parts for you.

wjduke
07-27-2016, 09:11 AM
You and Isleen will see nothing but a swirl of green, matte gray, and red...while we ride circles around you.

Oh snap....teach is back!

GaTeach
07-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Oh snap....teach is back!

Tomorrow morning....0730....summer vacation comes to a screeching halt.

Glad I got to ride with you and Queen B this summer!

wjduke
07-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Tomorrow morning....0730....summer vacation comes to a screeching halt.

Glad I got to ride with you and Queen B this summer!
Meeting and riding with you has changed my summer! :icon_wink:

53driver
07-27-2016, 02:45 PM

Oh you betcha!
No worries!
Lol.
See y'all at the rally!
Steve

Someone get a video camera ready.....I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, but I guaran-damn-tee it's going to be memorable!

shooter
07-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Dang she's hard on you 53. And she don't like HD's. I think that parts sweeping thing is going a little too far................HA!!!! Just kidding.

shooter
07-27-2016, 04:29 PM
What is this Queen B stuff?? Its a dull grey scooter ridden by an old man!!:icon_razz:

53driver
07-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Dang she's hard on you 53. And she don't like HD's. I think that parts sweeping thing is going a little too far................HA!!!! Just kidding.

I've been treated worse....I'll just remind her to go back to her pie chart of who her "go-to" people are.....

GaTeach
07-27-2016, 07:33 PM
What is this Queen B stuff?? Its a dull grey scooter ridden by an old man!!:icon_razz:

If that's what you think, you have evidently not ridden with Queen B and the Yankee!

GaTeach
07-27-2016, 07:34 PM
I've been treated worse....I'll just remind her to go back to her pie chart of who her "go-to" people are.....

Oh that reminds me...you know anything about brakes/rotors for Sweet Georgia??? :)))))

shooter
07-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Duke , you need to consider a name change. The Yankee , seems to be your new handle. I've always thought that Mickey Mantle was The Yankee. Apparently not.

wjduke
07-28-2016, 04:24 AM
Duke , you need to consider a name change. The Yankee , seems to be your new handle. I've always thought that Mickey Mantle was The Yankee. Apparently not.

I'm sure I'm not the only one called "Yankee" by a southerner. I bet some even put a "Damn" in front of it. Makes me smile when I see, or hear it. :icon_biggrin:

GaTeach
07-28-2016, 07:52 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one called "Yankee" by a southerner. I bet some even put a "Damn" in front of it. Makes me smile when I see, or hear it. :icon_biggrin:

Yankees come South and go home. Damnyankees come South and stay. "Carpetbagger" - the ultimate Southern slur.

wjduke
07-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Yankees come South and go home. Damnyankees come South and stay. "Carpetbagger" - the ultimate Southern slur.

Here's my daily lesson from Teach.