PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle TV

stevenolts
07-20-2016, 06:19 AM
Has anyone else been watching this new show?
It think it is a cool new motorcycle show!!!

I think we should keep this thread alive and spread the word when we find a cool motorcycle TV show.

Steve

Greg O
07-20-2016, 06:40 AM
What channel is it on, I have Comcast.

stevenolts
07-20-2016, 06:50 AM
It is on AMC

I think he is a star on The Walking Dead / I have never seen The Walking Dead.
(My daughters love the show)
Steve

MisterB
07-20-2016, 07:27 AM
Couldn't find anything for "motorcycle tv",
looks like you're talking about "Ride with Norman Reedus".
Dont have cable but will see if it's on Hulu or any other services. Thanks for the heads up!

Here's some info: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ride-with-norman-reedus-walking-dead-season-7-daryl-dies-riot-1201793950/

six2go
07-20-2016, 07:35 AM
Sunday night's episode was the season finale. Don't know if there will be a 2nd season. It was pretty cool. I really liked the show about the Smoky Mts. I think there were 6 episodes, I saw 'em all.
For those with cable that have an "On Demand", you can find it there under AMC.

Steve 0080
07-20-2016, 08:03 AM
I will research it and check it out...Thanks !

Phaedrus
07-20-2016, 12:28 PM
I watched all of them. They were good. Reedus was accompanied in each show by a celebrity partner. Show mixed a bit about bikes, usually including a custom builder, a bit about his riding partner, a bit of travelogue about the unique stops along their route and a whole lot about the appeal of riding. They were surprisingly good.

stevenolts
07-20-2016, 01:08 PM
I originally had "Ride with Norman Reedus" as the thread title but I switched it so we could use this to talk about all motorcycle TV.
I guess I forgot to put the shows name in the body of my entry. Sorry!!!
Steve

Old Ryder
07-20-2016, 01:10 PM
I saw the advertisement and set the DVR and caught the last 2 or 3 shows. I saw one of them, but have a few more to get around to watching. Since the DVR, I no longer watch TV live unless it is a sporting event. I think I would have a stroke if I had to watch full length commercials again.

stevenolts
07-20-2016, 04:38 PM
We never watch live TV.

Does anyone know of any other mororcyle TV shows?
Steve

stroguy
07-20-2016, 06:03 PM
Long Way Round and Long Way Down are classic motorcycle adventures.

MisterB
07-20-2016, 10:21 PM
I originally had "Ride with Norman Reedus" as the thread title but I switched it so we could use this to talk about all motorcycle TV.
I guess I forgot to put the shows name in the body of my entry. Sorry!!!
Steve

Steve, sorry I missed that it was a general post for all motorcycle tv. I appreciate your optimism, from what I've seen it's often bad guys on motorcycles.
Ride with Norman and The Long Way series certainly offset all of the assassins on motorcycles. Daryll and Obi Wan!

SimonTemplar
07-21-2016, 12:23 AM
Luckily, I caught them all.

I have seen chatter elsewhere in other fora that has put the show down, but it's a great show in my book. And it does A LOT to put bikes and riders in a favourable light. Let's face it....we haven't really had a good show since 'Then Came Bronson' back in the '60's (and that was just fiction).

All we have really had, in my recent memory, was SOA and American Chopper. Neither of those did us any favours.

I'd really like to see 'Ride' return for another season. Surely he hasn't run out of cool rides to showcase. I know that *I* can think of a few dozen more.

Sidebar: I noticed a lot of Triumph iron throughout all the shows. Real....or product placement? What do you think? (it was OK for me...I'm a Triumph guy from WAY back)

.....sT

Old Ryder
07-21-2016, 07:58 AM
A few other shows that I have set to record is "What's in the Barn" and "Naked Speed". I think they have quit making new shows of both of them as all I get are reruns that I have seen 2 or 3 times before. Both are on Velocity channel. They are more about rebuilds and older bikes. After meeting Dale and his son, WITB takes on a new meaning. They are really nice people.

TitansFan
07-21-2016, 03:44 PM
I saw most of the episodes of "Riding With Norman Reedus" and did enjoy them, although I wish they would spend more time featuring sights on the road they are riding on. I agree with Six2go that the Smoky mountain episode (Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala, Blue Ridge Pkwy, Fontana Dam, etc.) was really enjoyable. The season finale was a ride down the Florida Keys with Peter Fonda (Easy Rider). I thought it was pretty funny how many people would swarm to Norman Reedus calling out his name or Daryl (his Walking Dead character), but relatively few people recognized Fonda.

SimonTemplar
07-22-2016, 12:46 AM
.......I thought it was pretty funny how many people would swarm to Norman Reedus calling out his name or Daryl (his Walking Dead character), but relatively few people recognized Fonda.

My wife and I both noticed that as well. Peter Fonda seemed to get a kick out of it, though. I get the feeling that he's glad not to get swarmed any more.

Let's face it...."Easy Rider" was nearly 50 years ago now. The kids that hang at the beach in the Keys these days have never heard of the movie NOR of anyone who was in it...except maybe Jack Nicholson. Hell...Karen Black died about two or three years back and it barely got mentioned. What little notice that was given was more of a passing side comment.

It's a pity but unless your a biker, "Easy Rider" barely counts as a footnote these days.

.....sT