PDA

View Full Version : Honda bike cover

Audiochris90
07-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Hey Fellows,
Can anyone enlighten me on the factory bike cover. I ordered one from Honda of East Toledo via ebay and i got Part number 0SP34-MJG-201. Side of the box says its for the b and the valk.
So if i go to the mother honda power sports site, select accessories for the b, and then cycle cover it comes up with 0SP34-MJG-200. So my question to you smart fellows (Biglry) is what is the difference between the two? I didn't want to open the box if i need to return it so i didnt check it out yet.

98valk
07-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Hey Fellows,
Can anyone enlighten me on the factory bike cover. I ordered one from Honda of East Toledo via ebay and i got Part number 0SP34-MJG-201. Side of the box says its for the b and the valk.
So if i go to the mother honda power sports site, select accessories for the b, and then cycle cover it comes up with 0SP34-MJG-200. So my question to you smart fellows (Biglry) is what is the difference between the two? I didn't want to open the box if i need to return it so i didnt check it out yet.

I am not Biglry and this info is not factual. I did some quick googling on those two part numbers. What I saw is the -200 has "F6B" on the side where the saddle bag is. The -201 did not.

This is free info and worth every bit of that. :icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
07-20-2016, 08:32 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help on this one as I don't normally cover my steel steeds with a bike cover. I keep them garaged with two Calif. King sheets sewn together end to end draped over them. :icon_biggrin: Sounds like 98valk has the answer....just a logo on one.:shrug:

Circle-5
07-20-2016, 09:30 PM
I have a -201 and it fits the F6B perfectly (even with the tall Honda windscreen), with a hole for the antenna and zippered access to the bags while the cover is on. I found this cover to be an excellent value, especially when compared to other Honda accessories. Heavy material, elastic base, excellent fit, good reinforcements where needed, zippers have Velcro rain cover flaps and there are a couple of bungee straps that wrap under the bike.

REMEMBER to let the engine cool down (they say 20 minutes) before putting on the cover, or the nylon will melt onto the hot parts (and you might feel compelled to use inappropriate language).

Audiochris90
07-21-2016, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the info guys. The logo seems to be the difference. Also I found there are two lines of accessories that honda sells ,The genuine honda and signature honda. Web site at honda says genuine accessories can be financed in the bike purchase and carry the same warranty. I also saw the 301 for a full wing that said it was waterproof, the 201 is water resistant. Ill keep my 201.