PDA

View Full Version : Carry All

Steve 0080
07-21-2016, 06:02 PM
For those who can't see the value of a trailer or really do not have the need for all the room, this Carry All may be your answer. It measures 21" x 15" I/S ...with a 4" guard rail. The guard rail is the reason I chose this unit. The rest that I have seen have a 1" or so bar around the bottom. That is just not enough for me to feel that whatever is in the carry all will stay there. The Carry All was $148 to my door and came painted. Some are aware I am a bit of a freak so I took the unit to my local blasting shop and had it blasted to the bare metal and then to the powder coater. Cost $95. I also had to have a light so off to Tractor Supply. $46 later I had a LED light bar and assorted nuts and bolts. Contacted Bushtec and got a trailer side wiring harness pig tail and a dead plug to keep out dust. Got it all back and put together today. Looks good and should hold approximately 100#. If anyone goes this route make sure you tell the guy the measurement from the back of your receiver to the front edge of the fender and type of hitch!
The pic's were taken with the bike on the CS. I did get her bent over in a good curves and nothing touched.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-MOTORCYCLE-HITCH-COOLER-RACK-HARLEY-KAWASAKI-1500-1800-GOLDWING-VICTORY/151008411909?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1% 26asc%3D37468%26meid%3D306ce621aa964a65853424c9e2b f4d5e%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3D lo%26sd%3D252064030410

Davidk
07-21-2016, 06:28 PM
i was actually thinking about one of those. Is it a quick release or requires tools to remove? What hitch do you use? Thanks for the info.

shooter
07-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Steve I've thought about one of those for awhile. Rivco makes a version that attached to their hitch. I don't think its quite as big as yours. Looks good buddy and should do the job.

Steve 0080
07-21-2016, 11:09 PM
i was actually thinking about one of those. Is it a quick release or requires tools to remove? What hitch do you use? Thanks for the info.

Is as quick as you can pull the pin! I use a locking pin so it does take a key ! I use a Bushtec, IMHO the best one out there !!!

Steve 0080
07-21-2016, 11:13 PM
I'm thinking this is the bag That will go here ....https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/nelson-rigg-se-3000-adventure-deluxe-dry-bag

Vondawg
07-22-2016, 05:16 AM
Are you more likely to get stopped for blocking the lic plate ? Or do they over look these type of racks? That bag looks like it would block the whole back end. Looks great!

choptop
07-22-2016, 07:01 AM
I ordered mine after Steve posted a pic of it at the end of last week. I have a Bushtec trailer and it is great for an extended trip but for just a weekend it can be a little much so I thought this could be the ticket. I ordered it threw PayPal on a Sunday and after a few initial emails back and forth, on Monday, concerning my hitch and a few measurements, I had it at my front door on Thursday !
Turn around was great because the next day I left for a 2 night weekend get away. Gave it a quick spray bomb paint job, found a old cooler and did the same and off I went w/some extra's in the cooler. Worked out great because I was able to haul more and not have it stacked on the outside of the bike and had a cooler for ice and adult beverages for those motel parking lot parities after a hot day of riding.
It was a very good investment and will use it again next weekend when the SO and I go on a Norther Mn waterfall ride. Thanks Steve.

Yes it does block the license plate, I will address that if I get stopped and my cooler pretty much cover most of the lights, working on taking care of that w/lights on the carryall.

xman
07-22-2016, 08:44 AM
Now this is something I could use as well. The problem is I do not have a hitch installed on my bike. If possible could someone provide a link to a hitch that will mount on the F6B and secondly how hard is a hitch to install? Thank you in advance. xman

choptop
07-22-2016, 09:21 AM
I have the Bushtec hitch, I installed it myself, was a little bit of a b'tch to install but no big thing.

Steve 0080
07-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Here is a list of hitches. I have and prefer the Bushtec. If all you are going to haul is the CarryAll it does not matter which brand you chose. As far as install, it will take 2-3 hours. If you have a helping hand, 1 1/2 hours !!! Hardness scale= 5.

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=trailer+hitch

Felloverboard
07-23-2016, 12:06 PM
I would suggest to put something in for a more solid bottom so exhaust residue does not collect on what ever you are hauling. Also to use a receiver with a 3" rise so the exhaust heat does not affect the cargo. I move my lic tag to the rack when I use it. I then have a stop light to plug in because the light will most likely be covered

Steve 0080
07-23-2016, 01:27 PM
I would suggest to put something in for a more solid bottom so exhaust residue does not collect on what ever you are hauling. Also to use a receiver with a 3" rise so the exhaust heat does not affect the cargo. I move my lic tag to the rack when I use it. I then have a stop light to plug in because the light will most likely be covered

I have not used my unit as of yet...but I will be putting some miles very soon! Is the heat an issue? What did you put in the bottom of the carry all to block the heat and I assume water from the road?

Thanks !!!

Felloverboard
07-24-2016, 07:30 AM
I have not used my unit as of yet...but I will be putting some miles very soon! Is the heat an issue? What did you put in the bottom of the carry all to block the heat and I assume water from the road?

Thanks !!!

My home made rack has a aluminum diamond plate bottom. It is also 28 inches wide which extends over the exhaust area. The blue hollow trangular deflector keeps it cooler and cleaner, but by no means clean. I have 2 screws in rear of the rack for the tag. I have a pigtail for the extra stoplight and lights in the easily removable trunk to still be noticed. It may notbe asretty, you can't see it when carrying a load anyway. I then put about 10 bungee cords from the bottom of the rack up over the load and attach the other ends near where the OEM rear seat rack attaches to help support weight. I just made a 915 mile one day ride to WV LOADED DOWN. I made a 7500 mile trip to CO and UT last summer this way also. I have never been stopped. I have a kisan brake strobe and headlight modulator also.