PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/ Goldwing Klockwerks 16'w/vent?

Audiochris90
07-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Ok got my eye on a deal on a 16 in klockwerks w/vent . But its the goldwing model not the f6b model. Klockwerks said somebody has used "washers and rubber spacers " to get it to work. I did a search but no luck. Any input? I'm 6'1 and will be using an ultimate king so i think the 16in is appropriate. Vent is nice in Oklahoma summer. But is it worth the hassle? Wish they offered the vent on the 16in f6b model.

FlaMike
07-23-2016, 01:23 PM
As a matter of fact, I did. Had them install shield at WingDing but it was to high for me.
Same reason, wanted vent in windshield.
Also wanted it mounted as low as possible.

Not a big deal if your handy with tools. Used existing shield as a template to drill new holes.
Used a Unibit as I recall. I think I drilled holes to bout 1/2 dia. 1" fender washers and it was good to go.

Audiochris90
07-23-2016, 01:36 PM
As a matter of fact, I did. Had them install shield at WingDing but it was to high for me.
Same reason, wanted vent in windshield.
Also wanted it mounted as low as possible.

Not a big deal if your handy with tools. Used existing shield as a template to drill new holes.
Used a Unibit as I recall. I think I drilled holes to bout 1/2 dia. 1" fender washers and it was good to go.

So was the issue with height your height or is the klock goldwing one too high? It goes up to 20 on a wing. Did you try the f6b model 16? How tall are you and what is your seat choice? Thanks alot.

FlaMike
07-23-2016, 04:41 PM
I'm 5'8 and have an std Ultimate Seat. I look just over top of sheild
I got the shortest Goldwing Klock shield w/ Vent and as mounted on my bike the top of shield is 14" from rubber gasket.

About the only thing I would change is I got the darkest shield they have and would prefer a lighter tint. But it works fine as is.

Steve 0080
07-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Ok got my eye on a deal on a 16 in klockwerks w/vent . But its the goldwing model not the f6b model. Klockwerks said somebody has used "washers and rubber spacers " to get it to work. I did a search but no luck. Any input? I'm 6'1 and will be using an ultimate king so i think the 16in is appropriate. Vent is nice in Oklahoma summer. But is it worth the hassle? Wish they offered the vent on the 16in f6b model.

That shield will bolt up to the F6B !!! The GL has 5 holes and the B, 3...but the B has a place for the other 2 bolts if you chose. YMMV

smiley
07-23-2016, 09:13 PM

Just install one for yourself. Copy and search this, Goldwing Windshield Vent | eBay