PDA

View Full Version : 100% Dry Bag

Steve 0080
07-28-2016, 02:21 PM
I added the rack for my trailer hitch receiver so I started looking for a dry bag. For the value and quality of design and manufacturing this is my bag of choice! It comes in a couple of sizes and colors. I got the Hi-Vis yellow just to be seen better. Came complete with tie straps, carrying strap and tie downs. I will probably use a net but I like over kill. The bag was designed to ride in the seat or tail section. No tools necessary to put together. It also comes with hard plastic to keep it's shape. Great bag, you can't top wrong.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/nelson-rigg-deluxe-adventure-dry-bag#

BIGLRY
07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
I know a few guys who swear by them, I've have never seen one in yellow only the faster black.:shhh:
https://www.cyclegear.com/_a/product_images/0136/4757/nelson_rigg_deluxe_adventure_dry_bag_yellow_750x75 0.jpg

shooter
07-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Larry I love it. Stay right on him. Ride him like a rented mule. They all know black is the fastest anyway. Just hate to admit it. Steve , that is a good looking bag.

BIGLRY
07-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Larry I love it. Stay right on him. Ride him like a rented mule. They all know black is the fastest anyway. Just hate to admit it. Steve , that is a good looking bag.
http://www.rudequote.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/rude-funny-quote-111.jpg

Steve 0080
07-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Shooter while it is true I did sell the fastest color B...I now have an even faster Blue Streak GL1800 Nav....now to include a HiVis Yellow bag so your eyes don't hurt so bad when I pass you .......:stirthepot:

stroguy
07-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Can't you be arrested for droping a taco?

willtill
07-28-2016, 03:04 PM
For the upcoming F6B Rally in Russellville, I am contemplating sending a package via UPS/USPS/Whatever to the Best Western Hotel... with a weeks worth of clothing/necessities.

Contemplating it. So I can ride unencumbered by luggage.

shooter
07-28-2016, 03:06 PM
Shooter while it is true I did sell the fastest color B...I now have an even faster Blue Streak GL1800 Nav....now to include a HiVis Yellow bag so your eyes don't hurt so bad when I pass you .......:stirthepot:

Steve , I respect the blue. Just stop lying to to yourself. You're getting older and can't handle the black. No shame , just fact. Man that blue with the yellow bag , they ain't gonna be able to see Shay-Shay in front of all that.

shooter
07-28-2016, 03:09 PM
For the upcoming F6B Rally in Russellville, I am contemplating sending a package via UPS/USPS/Whatever to the Best Western Hotel... with a weeks worth of clothing/necessities.

That's not a bad idea Will. Especially for a fashion-plate like yourself that needs multiple outfits every day. I mean , that evening wear gets bulky. Me , I'm thinking two pair underwear and socks. One pair jeans and a shirt. I'll just ride at the back so as not to offend anyone.

willtill
07-28-2016, 04:17 PM
That's not a bad idea Will. Especially for a fashion-plate like yourself that needs multiple outfits every day. I mean , that evening wear gets bulky. Me , I'm thinking two pair underwear and socks. One pair jeans and a shirt. I'll just ride at the back so as not to offend anyone.

I actually turn each article of my clothing inside out when it gets too dirty. And wear it again. That way I save on laundry. :shhh:

bob109
07-28-2016, 05:15 PM
I actually turn each article of my clothing inside out when it gets too dirty. And wear it again. That way I save on laundry. :shhh:

The "skid marks" and not the ones from the rear tire, must add a touch of class:yikes:

53driver
07-28-2016, 07:58 PM

Steve 0080 - I'll match whatever you got for giddyup on that overweight Blue Wing.
Isleen eats your kind for lunch and doesn't even burp...
We'll find a nice stretch of pavement at the Rally. And if there's curves, you'll be further behind.
:stirthepot:

Be there or be square.
:stirthepot:

Line in the concrete: etched.
Steve

PS - change your forum name since 0080 is no longer in your possession.

shooter
07-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Whooooooweeee!!!! Somebody grew a pair while he was on vacation. BRING IT Steve 0080. 53 is ready and on point. Dang , I can't wait for Russellville. I'm gonna get some money on this. I gotta call Stro and see if he can back me.

GaTeach
07-28-2016, 08:57 PM

I was gone for 26 days with a back pack in the saddlebag. For the rally? Everything ought to fit in the center console.

53driver
07-28-2016, 09:01 PM
Whooooooweeee!!!! Somebody grew a pair while he was on vacation. BRING IT Steve 0080. 53 is ready and on point. Dang , I can't wait for Russellville. I'm gonna get some money on this. I gotta call Stro and see if he can back me.

It wasn't a vacation...I am now certified to teach the Harley Davidson Rider Academy curriculum.
Traveled to Philly and did sound for Parvin-fest for three days. http://www.quakertownsoccerclub.org/Tournaments/Parvin/index_E.html
Them I saw my house in Philly that's going to cost me $40k to disinfsckulate prior to selling it.

Then a nice relaxing ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway for a few days.

Isleen is truly my mistress and she will do anything for me within her capacity.
Smacking down an overweight, over-farkled sibling is quite literally child's play for her.
Love that Irish lass in my shop - she rocks!

shooter
07-28-2016, 09:07 PM
It wasn't a vacation...I am now certified to teach the Harley Davidson Rider Academy curriculum.
Traveled to Philly and did sound for Parvin-fest for three days. http://www.quakertownsoccerclub.org/Tournaments/Parvin/index_E.html
Them I saw my house in Philly that's going to cost me $40k to disinfsckulate prior to selling it.

Isleen is truly my mistress and she will do anything for me within her capacity.
Smacking down an overweight, over-farkled sibling is quite literally child's play for her.

Congrats Steve. Maybe offer up a few tips and pointers at the rally for all us struggling old farts. A mini clinic?

53driver
07-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Congrats Steve. Maybe offer up a few tips and pointers at the rally for all us struggling old farts. A mini clinic?

Thanks Shooter.
I am always happy to help anyone who wants to learn AND that's assuming I have the correct knowledge to impart.
We can do some static muscle memory drills and some tips about slow speed maneuvering these big girls in confined areas.

To keep rally risk avoidance minimized, we can take it off site to a parking lot somewhere.
No worries.

BIGLRY
07-28-2016, 11:19 PM
I was gone for 26 days with a back pack in the saddlebag. For the rally? Everything ought to fit in the center console.
Now that's my kind of traveling companion. :thumb:

Steve 0080
07-28-2016, 11:34 PM

I saw a few pics and wondered about that... good thing you were on your own most of the time!

When I owned a Rune I shipped my stuff to the H.I. as not to look like a refrigerator going down the road !!! When done put on the label to home and rode off!

willtill
07-29-2016, 05:56 AM

Either you don't sweat or you're a frequenter of laundromats? :icon_wink:

I can get some serious milage out of worn jeans... shoot I can get milage outta most of my clothing... but chose not to during this day and age.

When I was in the Army and in the field; it was never unusual to go for a week without even taking a whore bath. Once I did 2 weeks non-stop; sweating in a MOPP suit, I came out of it blacker than the darkness of a coal mine. :shock: When we came out of the field, the garrison and the civilians would steer clear of us... the sensed stench was repugnant. Not to us though; since we were used to it. :icon_mrgreen:

These days... I like to be a "little" cleaner. :icon_biggrin:

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 09:37 AM
I did laundry at my brother's house. I also threw clothes away and picked up cheap tshirts and drawers. I went to Denver for a wedding and when I got there, I went to the thrift store and bought a shirt and pair of pants to wear. Threw them away when I left.

I had my heated gear, leather jacket, and leather chaps packed when I left but I ended up shipping them from Mobile to Monument. Then back home when I left Colorado. It was 39 at the top of Pike's Peak. I'm glad I had them.

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 09:42 AM
It runs in my family.

My brother, Jack, was living in Raleigh and came by my house on the way to the race at Talladega. He was in his Wrangler with the top off and every inch of that jeep had beer in it. There were coolers of all sizes, everywhere. Where coolers wouldn't fit, there were six packs. Where six packs wouldn't fit, there were singles. The pockets of the door had single beers stuffed in them.

I said, "Dude, where's your suitcase?"

He flipped down his visor and a pair of boxers and a toothbrush fell down.

Rock. On. Jack.

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 10:10 AM

Did you see any deer on the parkway? I went North to South twice this summer and couldn't get over the deer. Everywhere. Took forever because I have to stop and curse at every one of them.

willtill
07-29-2016, 10:12 AM
We are plagued by deer up here. Target rich environment. :yes:

53driver
07-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Did you see any deer on the parkway? I went North to South twice this summer and couldn't get over the deer. Everywhere. Took forever because I have to stop and curse at every one of them.

Yeah, I saw a lot of deer. Only one got my immediate and undivided attention though. Damn thing jumped into the road about 5 yards in front of me and took off down the right shoulder, pacing me at 30 mph. I was just waiting for it to cut me off. To it's right was a huge drop off so going left in front of me was the only way it could go - so I rode behind it. Damn thing just kept running down the side of the road until it could jump to the right safely and then it did.

Giant rodents. Venison.

unsub
07-29-2016, 11:43 AM

Were you eating blueberries?:icon_mrgreen:

GaTeach
07-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I saw a lot of deer. Only one got my immediate and undivided attention though. Damn thing jumped into the road about 5 yards in front of me and took off down the right shoulder, pacing me at 30 mph. I was just waiting for it to cut me off. To it's right was a huge drop off so going left in front of me was the only way it could go - so I rode behind it. Damn thing just kept running down the side of the road until it could jump to the right safely and then it did.

Giant rodents. Venison.

Please tell me your GoPro caught this.

53driver
07-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Please tell me your GoPro caught this.

Was on the wrong side......GoPro is on the left engine guard. Was following the deer too closely to get it in the camera....sorry.

Steve 0080
07-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Were you eating blueberries?:icon_mrgreen:

Nope !!! I have a tag en route ...Look up " Blue Pearl" New term to me !

willtill
07-31-2016, 11:23 AM
I added the rack for my trailer hitch receiver so I started looking for a dry bag. For the value and quality of design and manufacturing this is my bag of choice! It comes in a couple of sizes and colors. I got the Hi-Vis yellow just to be seen better. Came complete with tie straps, carrying strap and tie downs. I will probably use a net but I like over kill. The bag was designed to ride in the seat or tail section. No tools necessary to put together. It also comes with hard plastic to keep it's shape. Great bag, you can't top wrong.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/nelson-rigg-deluxe-adventure-dry-bag#

I've been tempted to get this bag; have been studying reviews elsewhere on it for a couple of days. Some of the reviews are saying that the color fades fast on them; others say that the rivets come loose from the buckle.

I've used waterproof bags in the Army for my sleeping bags, but never have used one like particular bag before. I question it's durability...?

taxfree4
07-31-2016, 12:02 PM
If you want to spend half the $ of the NR bag, $45 on Amazon, I have used the Kwik Tek Dry Pak Waterproof Duffel Bag and can personally vouch for its' durability and waterproof. It came with me to CA and back through torrential rain in Ohio, Indiana and Wyoming. Also got caught in a microburst in NV that spewed hail, biblical rain (so bad deputy sheriffs closed down I-80) and winds up to 60 mph. Everything was bone dry, except me. It has a hard bottom so it keeps its' shape when empty.

willtill
07-31-2016, 12:44 PM
If you want to spend half the $ of the NR bag, $45 on Amazon, I have used the Kwik Tek Dry Pak Waterproof Duffel Bag and can personally vouch for its' durability and waterproof. It came with me to CA and back through torrential rain in Ohio, Indiana and Wyoming. Also got caught in a micrburst in NV that spewed hail, biblical rain (so bad deputy sheriff's closed down I-80) and wind up to 60 mph. Everything was bone dry, except me. It has a hard bottom so it keeps its' shape when empty.

I been looking at those too! :yes:

Steve 0080
07-31-2016, 09:49 PM
I guess it comes down to money. The Nelson bag is first class, zero BS, comes with tie downs and shoulder strap. The other bag is bigger by 5 inches in

length as well. I chose the Nelson partly due to size as well. It is 30 Liter the other is 70 liters.

https://www.amazon.com/DP-D1BL-Waterproof-Duffel-Blue-Large/dp/B002PKJ1PS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470019471&sr=8-1&keywords=Kwik+Tek+Dry+Pak+Waterproof+Duffel+Bag

taxfree4
08-01-2016, 04:11 AM
I guess it comes down to money. The Nelson bag is first class, zero BS, comes with tie downs and shoulder strap. The other bag is bigger by 5 inches in

length as well. I chose the Nelson partly due to size as well. It is 30 Liter the other is 70 liters.

https://www.amazon.com/DP-D1BL-Waterproof-Duffel-Blue-Large/dp/B002PKJ1PS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470019471&sr=8-1&keywords=Kwik+Tek+Dry+Pak+Waterproof+Duffel+Bag

I use a large toothbrush, need the room.

willtill
08-01-2016, 05:20 AM
This is pretty cool as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuqOEjnK7g

A bit pricey though... $199..00 for the 30liter according to their website. Amazon has something similar to it, for less:

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-Sac-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Rear-Supermoto/dp/B019NUI1GM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1470047020&sr=8-16&keywords=motorcycle+dry+bag

taxfree4
08-01-2016, 07:04 AM
This is pretty cool as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuqOEjnK7g

A bit pricey though... $199..00 for the 30liter according to their website. Amazon has something similar to it, for less:

https://www.amazon.com/Moto-Sac-Motorcycle-Waterproof-Rear-Supermoto/dp/B019NUI1GM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1470047020&sr=8-16&keywords=motorcycle+dry+bag

Hey, a lid for every pot a 30 Liter won't do you any good on a X country and a 70 liter is overkill on a weekender. You've got to assess your needs and go from there.

willtill
08-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Hey, a lid for every pot a 30 Liter won't do you any good on a X country and a 70 liter is overkill on a weekender. You've got to assess your needs and go from there.

Yes, that is quite the dilemma here. I want a bag that does it all.... "coffee"

taxfree4
08-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Yes, that is quite the dilemma here. I want a bag that does it all.... "coffee"

This bag cooks, cleans, does laundry, vacuums, does windows, polish your bike and if you're nice you may get a happy ending, hope it helps. You can find her on Craigslist - Fanny the everything girl Queens NY.

willtill
08-01-2016, 07:37 AM
This bag cooks, cleans, does laundry, vacuums, does windows, polish your bike and if you're nice you may get a happy ending, hope it helps. You can find her on Craigslist - Fanny the everything girl Queens NY.

Ha! :icon_lol:

willtill
08-01-2016, 07:38 AM
This is REALLY a nice bag. I am soooo tempted. Buy once, cry once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fGLvYKaGQ#t=203.629642

taxfree4
08-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Not cheap but a well constructed and thought out bag. They have seemed to thing of everything on that one.