PDA

View Full Version : She just lost the election

F6B1911
07-28-2016, 10:25 PM
She just lost the election

Hillary just lost the election.
Listened to some of the speech, she rallted on about building up the midle class, then turned around and said college will be free.
....How the hell you going to provide four years of college for free with out taxing the exact same people you just said will see relief.
Her first 100 day plan cannot happen without massive tax increases.
She attacked the first amendment.
She attacked the second amendment.
I'm not even going to comment on how proud she is of the Iran nuke deal.

Gotta pray.....

stroguy
07-28-2016, 10:31 PM
They let her talk?

Cool Hand Luke
07-28-2016, 10:35 PM
She just lost the election

Hillary just lost the election.
Listened to some of the speech, she rallted on about building up the midle class, then turned around and said college will be free.
....How the hell you going to provide four years of college for free with out taxing the exact same people you just said will see relief.
Her first 100 day plan cannot happen without massive tax increases.
She attacked the first amendment.
She attacked the second amendment.
I'm not even going to comment on how proud she is of the Iran nuke deal.

Gotta pray.....

I hate it too. Unfortunately the Convention Hall is full of people that only heard 'Free College'. Oh gotta vote for someone who has all those baloons, right?! It's sad that our country's future is in hands of these people. I guess rock concert atmosphere equals votes. Very superficial but effective, I fear.

Gotta pray indeed...

MisterB
07-28-2016, 11:40 PM
There are countries who can pull off the free college deal, it would be a ginormous restructuring for the US and, I hate to say, be a waste of time. I know many teachers who complain of constantly declining standards, a friend of mine who teaches in Jefferson County MO cannot give an F if a student hands in something.
I've heard of 0-3% parents attending parent/teacher conferences so it looks like the problem isn't only the kids, many parents simply don't care or are absent.
Teacher I mentioned above says less than 5% of students have both parents living at home, many parents in jail for drugs.
Point is; they're going to have to lower college standards so far that a college degree will be equivalent to a high school diploma to get the waves of unprepared kids degreed.
There are, of course, LOTS of school districts who hold the line and are producing fine students, but it seems like they will need to support an ever growing population of kids who've gotten a grade simply for showing up.

It's all moot though. College will never be free in the US, the shareholders will not allow it. Hilarity will not win anyway, right? RIGHT!???

choptop
07-29-2016, 06:14 AM
I am the only conservative in my family, I take a lot of Sht from my brothers. Surprisingly my one brother gave props to Trump after his speech at the convention saying it was one of the best speeches in a long time. More people want what Trump has to say but are afraid to admit it and frankly are scared by Trumps candor and "unpolitician" demeanor. The politicians are afraid of Trump, they like things just the way they are but the American people have spoken, we want CHANGE. And I have to believe that behind close doors and given enough time many will turn around and a revolution will begin and we will , in time, get our country back. I truly hope the dumbing down of the American people has not gone beyond the point of no return.

stevenolts
07-29-2016, 07:25 AM
Low cost (almost free) college could be possible if they change the whole system.

This is my plan (I just graduated with a (2010) Bachelor Computer Science & (2015) Masters IT Management) woo hoo!!!
Most classes could have been a free online or supplied video tape / you tube / on demand learning with a $100.00 proctored test)
There will be some classes that require classroom but most of these could be done with donated or student supplied tutoring etc...
Students could get free tests if they tutor or help other students. (we the USA are all in this together!!!)

1. Students only get the low cost (almost free) college if they pass the entry test. (prove they are worthy)
2. Low cost (almost free) college will be in the form of a combination of online / you tube / on demand content with a low cost $100.00 proctored test. (students need to have something in the game not just waste all our resources on a party)
3. Students only get the Low cost (almost free) college if they work up to 2 years for the low cost college programs running the testing centers or maintaining the online programs for a fair wage or prove they have a job in their field of study. This part of the program will give them work experience and a job after they graduate. (This will prevent students without jobs after they graduate)

These are my thoughts on how we could get students who want to help themselves get a basic college education at a minimal cost. (everyone does not have a right to a free education / you have to earn it)
If they want to have a better education than this provides or do more there are ways in place for the exceptional students now.
The government should not prop up or subsidies the over priced college system. That is why college is so expensive now!!!
(College like the war on drugs can not be won but it is fund able)

Steve

seadog
07-29-2016, 07:55 AM
Just what they wanted to hear, Not! Free college for the masses! How she going to pull that off, It just another Obama style tactic so that the Free people will vote for her, She is just doing what Obama did, promise the masses free stuff and all its going to do is bankrupt the country and then we'll all be in the bread line.

F6B1911
07-29-2016, 08:02 AM
Low cost (almost free) college could be possible if they change the whole system.

This is my plan (I just graduated with a (2010) Bachelor Computer Science & (2015) Masters IT Management) woo hoo!!!
Most classes could have been a free online or supplied video tape / you tube / on demand learning with a $100.00 proctored test)
There will be some classes that require classroom but most of these could be done with donated or student supplied tutoring etc...
Students could get free tests if they tutor or help other students. (we the USA are all in this together!!!)

1. Students only get the low cost (almost free) college if they pass the entry test. (prove they are worthy)
2. Low cost (almost free) college will be in the form of a combination of online / you tube / on demand content with a low cost $100.00 proctored test. (students need to have something in the game not just waste all our resources on a party)
3. Students only get the Low cost (almost free) college if they work up to 2 years for the low cost college programs running the testing centers or maintaining the online programs for a fair wage or prove they have a job in their field of study. This part of the program will give them work experience and a job after they graduate. (This will prevent students without jobs after they graduate)

These are my thoughts on how we could get students who want to help themselves get a basic college education at a minimal cost. (everyone does not have a right to a free education / you have to earn it)
If they want to have a better education than this provides or do more there are ways in place for the exceptional students now.
The government should not prop up or subsidies the over priced college system. That is why college is so expensive now!!!

Steve

Awesome, perfect idea....
Only one problem, it's not free.
Just like the idiots in the city of Detroit who think water is a God given right and think it should be free.
There's a HUGE number of Detroit residents who don't pay their water bill, forcing the suburbs to pick up the tab for them.
Apparently, nobody told these folks that the water has to get from point A to point B, and has to be clean when it gets to your faucet.
Not sure if they believe in magic, or are too ignorant to understand infrastructure.

So, the uninformed voter isn't going to like your 3-point plan unless you add a 4th point.

shooter
07-29-2016, 08:08 AM
You know if I was Mayor of Detroit I would turn those peoples water off. Bet it wouldn't take long.

F6B1911
07-29-2016, 08:12 AM
You know if I was Mayor of Detroit I would turn those peoples water off. Bet it wouldn't take long.

They did, until the ACLU forced them to turn in back on.

Retired Army
07-29-2016, 08:21 AM
There are all ready free collages in America that not only provide top education they feed, house and cloth the students. One of Americas best problem solvers graduated from one of them. He saved the lives of all soles on board by landing a powerless plane on the Hudson river. I am still not voting for Hillary.

stevenolts
07-29-2016, 08:22 AM
That is the point it should not be totally free.
Steve

Old Ryder
07-29-2016, 09:16 AM
It has been my experience in life that things that are free generally do not have much value attached.

As a person who dropped out of school after getting married and then going back for a GED, I have done OK. I have been in jobs where I hire people, and a lot of the people I interview with a college education can't carry on an intelligent conversation.

I remember a time when you had to be smart JUST TO QUALIFY TO GO TO COLLEGE!!!!! As Bob Dylan said--"the times they are a changing."

stroguy
07-29-2016, 09:17 AM

1. Students only get the low cost (almost free) college if they pass the entry test. (prove they are worthy) Your plan does not take into account race, economic status and will be fundamentally diluted to the point where the hardest part of the test will be filling out your name. All get in or none. Scrap the entry test.

2. Low cost (almost free) college will be in the form of a combination of online / you tube / on demand content with a low cost $100.00 proctored test. (students need to have something in the game not just waste all our resources on a party). Who pays for the internet connectivity, the salary of the people writing the courses, reimbursement to YouTube for their services, the salary of web developers? What if I don't have the hundred bucks because I have to feed my kids?

3. Students only get the Low cost (almost free) college if they work up to 2 years for the low cost college programs running the testing centers or maintaining the online programs for a fair wage or prove they have a job in their field of study. This part of the program will give them work experience and a job after they graduate. (This will prevent students without jobs after they graduate). You want me to work for two years for free? Who is going to pay my grocery bill, my TV bill, my car bills?

Steve

How about we treat college as an investment and not a necessity. You can invest in your future by gambling your money on a future return. Leave the taxpayer out of it.