PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using "Bikers Friend" Bags on their F6B?

willtill
07-30-2016, 09:16 AM
I don't think our board vendors carry anything like this... and am looking at them.

http://www.bikersfriend.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bikers+friend&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi58LGCsJvOAhUK6CYKHd9-CP8Q_AUICSgC&biw=1600&bih=1036#imgrc=_

Anyone using "Bikers Friend" Bags on their F6B? Likes or dislikes?

six2go
07-30-2016, 09:43 AM
I had something very similar to that several years ago. It was OK, I thought over priced(what isn't?), didn't really provide a solid backrest if that's what you are looking for. And it seemed like every time I wanted to get something out of it with the bike on the sidestand, whatever I wanted was on the "down hill" side and other things would tumble out.
Any rear bag I use is for stuff(clothing)that will go into the hotel. I really like my Kreiga US30, US10 combo. plenty of room and it's completely water tight with no rain cover needed.

wjduke
07-30-2016, 09:50 AM
I don't think our board vendors carry anything like this... and am looking at them.

http://www.bikersfriend.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bikers+friend&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi58LGCsJvOAhUK6CYKHd9-CP8Q_AUICSgC&biw=1600&bih=1036#imgrc=_

Anyone using "Bikers Friend" Bags on their F6B? Likes or dislikes?

Ask shooter....we both purchased an XL bag for the rally trip, and I believe he's tried his. Mine hasn't seen my bike yet. I'll get to it at some point. He said it fits perfectly and is held with two bungee cords. The cords that come with it are basically useless...his words.

shooter
07-30-2016, 07:21 PM
Will , I haven't packed mine. I have hauled it on a couple rides. Best way to strap it down is two bungee cords. I bought a couple adjustable ones. Easy on easy off. Ton of room. I think the "tube" and one saddlebag liner for clothes and toiletries and the other bag for gear. That xl tube is spacious buddy.

Steve 0080
07-30-2016, 07:24 PM
I would go with a Nelson Dry bag $98.....

wjduke
07-30-2016, 07:41 PM
Will , I haven't packed mine. I have hauled it on a couple rides. Best way to strap it down is two bungee cords. I bought a couple adjustable ones. Easy on easy off. Ton of room. I think the "tube" and one saddlebag liner for clothes and toiletries and the other bag for gear. That xl tube is spacious buddy.

I'm hoping for everything in the tube, rain gear and other gear on one side, spare helmet on the other....gotta make it work. Still trying to think where the spare tire will go....

seadog
07-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Comes with all tie downs and rain hood the Kuryakyn Ultra tour bad22523

pdxstriper
07-31-2016, 12:50 PM
I added a Dowco bag to the rack of my B. Initially I was just using it for trips but grew to like the look of the bag on the bike. It stores enough yet it's not too big. I then added the mesh one day and it added a sort of adventure bike look. So this is how I ride and I like the look.

willtill
07-31-2016, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the ideas and comments. I like the "Biker's Friend" ensemble since it seems to be able to incorporate a backrest of sorts... and I am gearing up for this 1,000+ mile ride into Russellville this September for our F6B Rally... and want to be comfortable on the long stretches while getting there..

I have been all over the 'net looking at other motorcycle bags; haven't found the "perfect" bag as of yet to sit on my passenger seat nd butted up against the passenger "butt chock" (Steve's - aka 53driver's terminology for that particular part - so fitting) :icon_mrgreen: ...so the "Biker's friend" seems to be in the lead in that aspect for mounting said bag.

Shooter... another question if I may... since we both have Ultimate King seats; how is the back support when using the "Biker's Friend"? Is the XL adequate for back support? If you bought the entire package; does the back support pad and lumbar support roll work well with the "Biker's Friend" XL tube, in conjunction with the driver's Ultimate Seat lower hip support? Does it\could it push one too forward while sitting?

shooter
07-31-2016, 06:15 PM
Will , Wayne and I did not buy the full package. We just bought the basic tube. Lots cheaper. I put mine on the luggage rack. I don't need or want another backrest. The basic seat gives me perfect support on my lower back. Will I felt that the tube would be the most waterproof , durable piece of luggage I could buy.

willtill
07-31-2016, 06:52 PM
Will , Wayne and I did not buy the full package. We just bought the basic tube. Lots cheaper. I put mine on the luggage rack. I don't need or want another backrest. The basic seat gives me perfect support on my lower back. Will I felt that the tube would be the most waterproof , durable piece of luggage I could buy.