PDA

View Full Version : Score one for us Honda riders

Bdog
07-31-2016, 10:22 AM
A few nights ago I went to a local bar/restaurant for their weekly bike night. Upon arrival a friend walked up and asked why I would possibly ride my F6B instead of my Harley to "bike night". Yes, he rides a Harley and out of about 50 bikes I was the only "Jap" bike. We joked about it for a minute and forgot about it. No harm meant or taken. A little while later he fired his Harley to leave and the right rear view mirror fell off. As he was holding it in his hand trying to figure out what to do, I walked over and said, "That's why I rode my Honda". He smiled but had no response. No harm meant or taken.

GaTeach
07-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Laughing. Out. Loud.

Last weekend there were three of us on our F6Bs riding near Maggie Valley. Pulling up to a stop sign, there was a side mirror in the lane. Anna and I looked at each other and simultaneously said, "Harley Parts!"

STRaider
07-31-2016, 11:10 AM
So I was riding my first long ride yesterday on the new to me F6B, with a fellow F6B rider. We were getting gas at an old tiny gas station in the middle of nowhere. This "mature", battle worn woman pulled up on the other side of the pump in an old pickup, got out, and leaned over and looked at our bikes for a moment, then just turned and walked away. I said "you look and then just walk away"? She turns and says, "well they ain't Harley's". She then follows with "hell I know can't everyone afford a Harley". I replied "I have a Harley, and I would much rather ride this bike". She just looked stumped, then proceeded to talk our ears off until we just put on our helmets, said goodbye, and rolled out.:039:

Travelor
07-31-2016, 12:45 PM
So I was riding my first long ride yesterday on the new to me F6B, with a fellow F6B rider. We were getting gas at an old tiny gas station in the middle of nowhere. This "mature", battle worn woman pulled up on the other side of the pump in an old pickup, got out, and leaned over and looked at our bikes for a moment, then just turned and walked away. I said "you look and then just walk away"? She turns and says, "well they ain't Harley's". She then follows with "hell I know can't everyone afford a Harley". I replied "I"mysti have a Harley, and I would much rather ride this bike". She just looked stumped, then proceeded to talk our ears off until we just put on our helmets, said goodbye, and rolled out.:039:

I wonder if the Harley "mystique" attitude at the exclusion of all other bikes having value qualifies a person for federal assistance under Hillary's mental health programs? If so, it will probably bankrupt the country.:stirthepot:

unsub
07-31-2016, 04:29 PM
So I was riding my first long ride yesterday on the new to me F6B, with a fellow F6B rider. We were getting gas at an old tiny gas station in the middle of nowhere. This "mature", battle worn woman pulled up on the other side of the pump in an old pickup, got out, and leaned over and looked at our bikes for a moment, then just turned and walked away. I said "you look and then just walk away"? She turns and says, "well they ain't Harley's". She then follows with "hell I know can't everyone afford a Harley". I replied "I have a Harley, and I would much rather ride this bike". She just looked stumped, then proceeded to talk our ears off until we just put on our helmets, said goodbye, and rolled out.:039:

And now you know the secondary purpose for ear plugs.:icon_wink:

wjduke
07-31-2016, 07:23 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I got stuck in traffic, so met my friend with his Indian and his friend with an HD at the restaurant. After the meal, two women walk out by our bikes. One of them starts. First, she's all over the HD, the guy is loving it. Then she goes to the Indian, and my buddy is loving that, then she see's my bike and literally screams " That's a Honda! It's the first bike ever made, I love them! ". I about busted a gut...we left on that note.

Bryster
07-31-2016, 07:30 PM
And now you know the secondary purpose for ear plugs.:icon_wink:

LOL!

SimonTemplar
08-01-2016, 12:27 AM
A few nights ago I went to a local bar/restaurant for their weekly bike night. Upon arrival a friend walked up and asked why I would possibly ride my F6B instead of my Harley to "bike night". Yes, he rides a Harley and out of about 50 bikes I was the only "Jap" bike. We joked about it for a minute and forgot about it. No harm meant or taken. A little while later he fired his Harley to leave and the right rear view mirror fell off. As he was holding it in his hand trying to figure out what to do, I walked over and said, "That's why I rode my Honda". He smiled but had no response. No harm meant or taken.

Bdog....

If you're gonna make it this Weds...let me know. I've been trying to get over there, but every week something keeps coming up that stops me.

....sT

btw....kville here

Paul B Blues
08-02-2016, 07:12 AM
'all/right':banana:

broncsrule21
08-02-2016, 11:42 PM
I like to let them know that their "American bike " has a lot of Chinese made parts on it. That seems to hurt their feelings.

Bdog
08-03-2016, 07:32 AM
Hi ST, glad to know there is another "B'er" so close. The bike nite I was talking about is at the restaurant above the local HD dealership. It's every Thurs. nite. I should be there this week on my "B" if it's not raining. it would be great to see another one in the parking lot. Sure to draw attention. Mine always does.

SimonTemplar
08-04-2016, 01:24 AM
Hi ST, glad to know there is another "B'er" so close. The bike nite I was talking about is at the restaurant above the local HD dealership. It's every Thurs. nite. I should be there this week on my "B" if it's not raining. it would be great to see another one in the parking lot. Sure to draw attention. Mine always does.

Ahhhh! The way you said it before....I presumed you were speaking of the Ale House over on Hanes Blvd. Every Wednesday night there.

Well...if the rain permits (and presently it doesn't look very good) I'll check in at Smokin' on Thurs!

....sT