PDA

View Full Version : Fun ride with fellow member

Bighutch14
08-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Went for a fun ride with fellow member jm21ddd15 through the kettle moraine state park yesterday. Beautiful ride and good company. Look forward to doing it again and hope to get a bigger group from the general area next time.

Bighutch14
08-01-2016, 07:13 AM
Ok. Why do my pics always wind up sideways or upside down when i post from my phone?

willtill
08-01-2016, 07:16 AM
See if there is a way you can edit the orientation of the picture on your phone, before you post it?

wjduke
08-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Seems that I have to save them to my pc, change the orientation, then I can post. No clue why that happens.

Steve 0080
08-01-2016, 08:08 AM
Me either... save to file, rotate to correct position , up load. On my Mac it still sometimes does it...something with the webb site we are using?

Patch
08-01-2016, 08:28 AM
If your phone has a cropping feature, try using that first. Even if you are just cropping it to the same size as the original image, then once you share it, the save of the cropped image should rotate it to proper orientation for posting. If it doesn't have this basic editor function, you'll end up having to do it by way of PC transfer and fixing in some basic program like paint. It's not enough to just load the image and close paint though...you'll need to save it, even if you did nothing and paint oriented the photo automatically when it was opened. If you loaded it in paint and its not oriented properly, just rotate and save.

Not all phones have the auto-rotation function when saving directly from a phone to a posting. Some cameras built in to phones need to be oriented so that the lens is on the left side and the phone is sideways when taking a photo. This will provide a proper photo online from a share directly from the phone.

jm21ddd15
08-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Was a good ride, Bighutch! Hit a few sprinkles when we split up, but didn't last long. Maybe a ride in your area next, and we can get a few more 6s along.

GaTeach
08-01-2016, 06:23 PM
So cool that y'all got together to ride. I've had a blast riding with F6Bs!

jm21ddd15
08-01-2016, 09:32 PM
So cool that y'all got together to ride. I've had a blast riding with F6Bs!

Yes, great to ride with other F6s. September coming soon. Then, we ride with the biggest group ever! Hope your not teaching school during the Rally. I imagine you had that all worked out a long time ago. 'gw-smiley'