PDA

View Full Version : Help with Purchase Opinions

GSP
09-12-2013, 08:07 AM
I am about to pull the trigger on F6B, Is the extra $1000 for the deluxe model worth it????

Alberta Beagle
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
I am about to pull the trigger on F6B, Is the extra $1000 for the deluxe model worth it????

IMO not a fan of self canceling signals and don't need a center stand or backrest. So for me it offers no value.
It's your bike and your loot so it's your call.

Beagle

chipmaker
09-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Yes. But only you know if you want the stuff you get for $1k. I can't imagine a big bike without center stand, and even in AZ, I will use the heated grips in winter. My wife loves the backrest...

FlyinF
09-12-2013, 09:08 AM
You can find a center stands on the net for dirt cheap and its easy to install. I've been riding for 40 years and I think only one bike had self canceling turn signals, no big deal. Since I have several bikes I have heated gloves that way I can use them on all of them. A thousand bucks will buy you a nice exhaust system with money to spare. Now if they had cruise control as an option that would be a different story............but even then of the 40 years of riding only my last Wing had cruise, don't know if I would spend the big bucks for it.

1951vbs
09-12-2013, 09:11 AM

I bought the standard but had to purchase a backrest for the wife. I didn't want a center stand but would like the heated grips so I just should have bought the deluxe and been done with it.

MichaelG
09-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I have to agree with the Great Beagle of the Northwest.....I bought a Standard model specfically because I sdid not want the self-canceling turn signals, and I did not want the passenger backrest. After getting mine, I found a NEW centerstand at Honda of Russellville (one of our forum sponsors) that they take-off a brand new 2012 Wing, to make it a trike. It cost me all of $ 99.00. You can always add the heated grips if you want them.

For what you get for the added $ 1000.00 for a Deluxe model, it is worth the money. You just need to decide if you want those items, or...is you want to AVOID some of those items.

F6B-RICH
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I have the deluxe so of course I would tell you go for it :icon_biggrin: If you ride with a passenger maybe you want the factory backrest.Tell the salesman you are interested in the deluxe then when its time to make a deal have him remove the $1000 off the price :iduno:

Westernbiker
09-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes. But only you know if you want the stuff you get for $1k. I can't imagine a big bike without center stand, and even in AZ, I will use the heated grips in winter. My wife loves the backrest...

+1 Only exception to the above is................My girlfriend loves the backrest! :biggthumpup:

Memphian
09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
I bought the Deluxe because I wanted all the options. Everyone is different, so think what you want then go for the model that meets your needs. Best of luck on what you decide and post up a pic of your new ride after you make your purchase.

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
As Miles said, C-stand (with all required hardware) available from HOR for $99. (Others will sell you just the stand, double check before you buy!)

Auto-cancel signals may be nice, but Miles isn't the only one who mentioned they 'cancel' rather quickly,,,

Heated grips,,, I live in Houston, might get used a couple times a year, maybe,,

I ride solo, so Passenger B-rest wasn't really needed.

Deluxe wasn't worth the additional $ to me. Might be to someone else.

1951vbs
09-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I have to agree with the Great Beagle of the Northwest.....I bought a Standard model specfically because I sdid not want the self-canceling turn signals,

For what you get for the added $ 1000.00 for a Deluxe model, it is worth the money. You just need to decide if you want those items, or...is you want to AVOID some of those items.

You are right. I forgot about the self-cancelling signals. I just take it for granted. I like to signal a little early so that means just as you are ready to turn your signal goes off. Quite aggravating. I was getting to where I would just signal twice every time, what a pain. I am glad I got the Standard. The other stuff can be added as it required.

edgeman55
09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
As said here before only you can know if the 1000 bucks is worth those options.I went Standard because I don't need a backrest as my wife does not like to ride.Never wanted heated grips and self canceling turn signals always drove me nuts.I can remember to turn them on and off.I also went with the Russelville 99 dollar centerstand as it took all of 20 minutes to install-hint you do need to order the spring bolt that attaches to the frame as they do not include that.Otherwise it was all there and brand new.The other 900 bucks has helped purchase a Baggershield windshield,MP3 960 lights and rack.Kury mini boards and a Breakaway cruise throttle lock.Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your new ride-This is a awsome bike in all ways.

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 12:47 PM
.I also went with the Russelville 99 dollar centerstand as it took all of 20 minutes to install-hint you do need to order the spring bolt that attaches to the frame as they do not include that.Otherwise it was all there and brand new..

GOOD INFO TO HAVE!!! :yes:

(My 'standard' or 'base' model comes with c-stand as it was one of a couple 'farkles' added by H.O.R. as part of their Signature Series bikes)

JesseS
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
I could care less about heated grips, the center stand I can get off eBay for $89, I wouldn't know what to do with SC turn signals as I turn them off automatically without thinking about it, as for the backrest...well, the thousand bucks I saved will buy me a complete set of seats w/backrests from Ultimate next month, or the Cobra 6>2>6 pipes.:icon_wink:

dgman2
09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
IMO well worth the money. I like all the options (not many) of the deluxe and would not worry about $1000 more when you are spending that much money anyway.

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 03:21 PM
, as for the backrest...well, the thousand bucks I saved will buy me a complete set of seats w/backrests from Ultimate next month, or the Cobra 6>2>6 pipes.:icon_wink:

Curious,,, I believe Ultimate only provides a new cushion to replace the OEM cushion on the OEM passenger backrest,,, (You did say backrest's, so I assume the passenger backrest was part of your plan)

Gotta ask,,, do you have some other method in mind, or will you by purchasing the OEM backrest system seperately??

To me, that was about the biggest concern I had between standard/deluxe,,, would I ever have a passenger or a need for the passenger backrest.

unsub
09-12-2013, 04:13 PM
There is another option. That is to spend $3000.00, or so on an earlier used GW with all the options. That could be your "off season" ride.

fast eddie
09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
lets see $1000 is about $16 a month extra:jerkit: I'm from Buffalo NY heated grips need them, backrest for wife need it, self cancelling signals want them center stand need it. no brainer for me Deluxe is the way I went :biggthumpup:

fsixb_AZ
09-12-2013, 07:56 PM
I got the deluxe model, it's not like you are paying 1k difference between the standard and Deluxe in reality. I paid 18,709 BEFORE fees and crap for my deluxe, so if you consider the base price MSRP is 20,999 I saved 2200.00 off MSRP without even asking for it. I'm not convinced that my dealer would have knocked that much off of a standard model, I'm sure he had lots more room taking the deduction off of the Deluxe. Perhaps if you buy the standard you will only get $500 off of MSRP. End of the day it's not how much more you spend for that stuff, but how much under MSRP you get the bike for.:iduno:

Scotrod
09-12-2013, 09:01 PM
HOR is/was about 3k off MSRP for either a base or deluxe, all OEM, back when I was pricing. About 1K under MSRP for a Sig. Series for either base or deluxe. Only 'catch' is ya need to pick it up in AR. (Right next door for a Texan! LOL!)

F6B-RICH
09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I bet most people that got the standard F6B paid the same price as most guys paid for the deluxe.

4DI2D
09-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Bought the Basic and spent some of the change on a back rest and GW windshield (Harley guys drool over the tricky vent thingy).
Ride what you want and you'll want what you ride. Harleys are not the only bike that changes a little every time you find a few extra bucks in your pocket.