PDA

View Full Version : Got ignored again.

shooter
08-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Just got my September issue of Rider magazine. Opened my mailbox and was instantly excited. In big bold letters across the front "TOURING CRUISER SHOOTOUT". I'm thinking hot dog. I rush home , the only two participants , HD Road King , Indian Springfield. That's not a shootout. That's Dueling Turds. Our bike so outclasses both those boats so bad that they couldn't even include us. Them Rider editors are dipshyts.

willtill
08-02-2016, 05:11 PM
:icon_wink: Yep!

BIGLRY
08-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Just got my September issue of Rider magazine. Opened my mailbox and was instantly excited. In big bold letters across the front "TOURING CRUISER SHOOTOUT". I'm thinking hot dog. I rush home , the only two participants , HD Road King , Indian Springfield. That's not a shootout. That's Dueling Turds. Our bike so outclasses both those boats so bad that they couldn't even include us. Them Rider editors are dipshyts.
I do belive that Rider magazine is a charter member of
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SsMjrsRd9W0/VUD3vio7z7I/AAAAAAAAA9w/YZraw6Mf9d4/s1600/turdPolishersUnion.jpg

Retired Army
08-02-2016, 05:37 PM
I do belive that Rider magazine is a charter member of
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SsMjrsRd9W0/VUD3vio7z7I/AAAAAAAAA9w/YZraw6Mf9d4/s1600/turdPolishersUnion.jpg
Correct politicians say it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

seadog
08-02-2016, 05:56 PM

Polish a turd it's still a turd! They couldn't include something that was so far ahead of them that it would make those two look silly. If you have a pair of sapphires you don't put them up against a brilliant diamond. Because their brilliance would never match the diamond. Rule of thumb is to eliminate the better competition so you don't look stupid.

Hodgey1
08-02-2016, 07:35 PM
The magazines have just gone from bad to worse since the digital age has made competition so tough. They are scared to death of pissing off any potential advertiser's. It always seems that all comparisons end with some glowing BS about each one benefits and no real meat and potatoes about the true best of the group anyhow.

F6B1911
08-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Exactly, especially if you go back a few months and read Rider Comparo:
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited | 2015 Honda Gold Wing | 2015 Indian Roadmaster

Apparently they had room for three in that comparison...

Steve 0080
08-02-2016, 07:51 PM
I read the article and laughed as well...to funny !!!

opas ride
08-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Exactly, especially if you go back a few months and read Rider Comparo:
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited | 2015 Honda Gold Wing | 2015 Indian Roadmaster

Apparently they had room for three in that comparison...

I still have that article somewhere..Thats the one they said the HD and Indian have as good, if not better wind protection, suspension, ride and passenger comfort than the GW...They also complained about the out-dated controls and front end front end forks on the GW...Go figure!!!...I will admit I have ridden the Indian Roadmaster on a demo ride and it is very nice,, but way to heavy for me and costly..Engine was also noisy and hot at times....Ride safe

stroguy
08-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Did you say something shooter?

shooter
08-02-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm used to not getting any respect from you. Hey I don't have to be nice to you.this year. Dukes paying my way to.the rally. I don't need your money. So kiss my alligator seat.

unsub
08-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Went for a ride up to BC's Fraser Canyon yesterday. Northbound on Highway 1 between Chilliwack BC and Hope BC a flipped car caused a major traffic jam. Everyone is at a walking pace for miles. A BMW R1200 pulled up the shoulder on my right, out of the blue and came into my space. I turned to be polite and say hello but he completely ignored me -his eyes straight ahead and not a word, nothing until he pulled away again. Other wise a pretty ride, nice and hot. Lots of Harleys. I'd say aside from the BMturd [pun intended], it was HD nation on the road yesterday.

wjduke
08-02-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm used to not getting any respect from you. Hey I don't have to be nice to you.this year. Dukes paying my way to.the rally. I don't need your money. So kiss my alligator seat.

Damn....every time you need to get bailed out, you count on me. You better not need it for real!

moosedog
08-02-2016, 09:18 PM
I cancelled my Cycle World and Rider subscriptions last year because of their marmsy and largely uninformative write ups - especially the comparo's. The only thing I miss is Peter Egan's columns.

shooter
08-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Went for a ride up to BC's Fraser Canyon yesterday. Northbound on Highway 1 between Chilliwack BC and Hope BC a flipped car caused a major traffic jam. Everyone is at a walking pace for miles. A BMW R1200 pulled up the shoulder on my right, out of the blue and came into my space. I turned to be polite and say hello but he completely ignored me -his eyes straight ahead and not a word, nothing until he pulled away again. Other wise a pretty ride, nice and hot. Lots of Harleys. I'd say aside from the BMturd [pun intended], it was HD nation on the road yesterday.

Its always HD nation around here. There is probably 10 HD for every 1 of any other bike around here. We have 4 huge HD dealerships in a 25 mile radius. They don't just drink the kool-aid around here , they bleed Harley black. I tell ya though , most of these guys don't ride their bikes. Just to the bar and back or on the weekends with their ole lady's to the Mexican restaurant for margaritas. Ive asked some of my customers if they are interested in going on a ride and they usually decline once they find out I'm leaving the county. That's just too far. For the most part they aren't riders. My brother in law is the exception. Great guy. My best friend. He rides an Ultra Classic Limited with Stage II. The bike runs great and Roger is one of the best riders I know. No matter how fast I run he is always right there. Never complains.

shooter
08-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Damn....every time you need to get bailed out, you count on me. You better not need it for real!

C'mon Duke. You can help out a buddy. How will it look if I don't show up cause you was a tightazz. I told ya I would pay the $5 a night extra for the room and you got a gas card. No big deal buddy.

wjduke
08-03-2016, 04:26 AM
C'mon Duke. You can help out a buddy. How will it look if I don't show up cause you was a tightazz. I told ya I would pay the $5 a night extra for the room and you got a gas card. No big deal buddy.
I'll cover your but within reason. Just don't get in big trouble or Sharon will have to make a trip south!

shooter
08-03-2016, 06:41 AM
I knew I could count on ya bro. Bring a little extra in case we find some souvenirs.

wjduke
08-03-2016, 07:06 AM
I knew I could count on ya bro. Bring a little extra in case we find some souvenirs.
Geeez...I'll cover you on that too! Lets go over this list...steak dinners, and the good stuff, not a McDonalds steak bagel...any random bets you and Stro make...and now souvenirs. No wonder you're looking forward to the rally!

53driver
08-03-2016, 07:48 AM
I'll cover your but within reason. Just don't get in big trouble or Sharon will have to make a trip south!

Geeez...I'll cover you on that too! Lets go over this list...steak dinners, and the good stuff, not a McDonalds steak bagel...any random bets you and Stro make...and now souvenirs. No wonder you're looking forward to the rally!

Don't forget to order the embroidered t-shirts!

shooter
08-03-2016, 07:58 AM

Trip of a lifetime for ya buddy. It may be the last time you can afford this. Sharon's looking forward to you taking us out to eat.

stroguy
08-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Probably won't go home.

wjduke
08-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Probably won't go home.
No gas money

shooter
08-03-2016, 10:10 AM
I might follow one of you home.

53driver
08-03-2016, 10:12 AM
I might follow one of you home.

Always welcome on the southern route my friend.
No worries.

shooter
08-03-2016, 10:17 AM
53 has my back.

53driver
08-03-2016, 10:38 AM
53 has my back.

Since I'm shorter, when marksmanship is required, I'll go low....

shooter
08-03-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm only 5'6".

53driver
08-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Oops. I thought you were taller from a seat thread awhile back....