PDA

View Full Version : Made a pirate's day today...

willtill
08-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Was on my DR650 this afternoon and a pirate pulled up next to me. Apparently he wanted to race as soon as he took off.. so I obliged him. He did beat me to the next light, though I was hanging on pretty close behind.

Pulled up next to him and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat :icon_mrgreen: I flipped up my face shield and said "you know, if I had my Gold Wing; I would've probably beat you". He answered, "ya, you probably would've". :icon_lol:

Not all pirates are bad. :icon_wink:

BIGLRY
08-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Was on my DR650 this afternoon and a pirate pulled up next to me. Apparently he wanted to race as soon as he took off.. so I obliged him. He did beat me to the next light, though I was hanging on pretty close behind.

Pulled up next to him and he was grinning like a Cheshire cat :icon_mrgreen: I flipped up my faceshiled and said "you know, if I had my Gold Wing; I would've probably beat you". He answered, "ya, you probably would've". :icon_lol:

Not all pirates are bad. :icon_wink:So your 46hp DR650 duel sport got beat light to light by a fire breathing, excessive noise making steel steed with twice the hp....must have made the pirate's day. I hate bullies..........:icon_laugh:

shooter
08-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Will , I gotta tell ya , I'm disappointed you lost. I think with a little practice you coulda had him.:poke:

BIGLRY
08-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Will , I gotta tell ya , I'm disappointed you lost. I think with a little practice you coulda had him.:poke:Drop two teeth off that front chain sprocket and add 5 teeth to the rear and he would.:icon_lol:

shooter
08-03-2016, 04:56 PM
So your 46hp DR650 duel sport got beat light to light by a fire breathing, excessive noise making steel steed with twice the hp....must have made the pirate's day. I hate bullies..........:icon_laugh:

Larry have you looked at the HP ratings on those dinosaurs lately? Its dismal at best. Rear wheel on a 103 is around 70 HP per dyno runs on the HD forum. Will can best that guy if he practices his launch and watches the tach on his shifts.

willtill
08-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Oh I was not behind him by far... He got the jump on me when the light turned green, I wasn't expecting a race until it happened. I ended up two bike lengths behind him when we started to slow down.

It's all in fun anyway. I had a good time. :icon_lol:

BIGLRY
08-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Larry have you looked at the HP ratings on those dinosaurs lately? Its dismal at best. Rear wheel on a 103 is around 70 HP per dyno runs on the HD forum. Will can best that guy if he practices his launch and watches the tach on his shifts.I'm quite aware of the hp and power to weight raito of the stock, pig heavy 103 and the 650 will beat it easy, light to light with a little gear ratio change imo.

shooter
08-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Oh I was not behind him by far... He got the jump on me when the light turned green, I wasn't expecting a race until it happened. I ended up two bike lengths behind him when we started to slow down.

It's all in fun anyway. I had a good time. :icon_lol:

You'll get him next time Will. Show no mercy. Drop the hammer on him.

willtill
08-03-2016, 07:35 PM

No doubt. I'll be ready for him next time. I think he's local and was on the way home from work. :icon_wink:

Here's a gratuitous pic tonight of my DR... I LOVE this bike! :yes:

http://i65.tinypic.com/i2k30w.jpg

shooter
08-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Stalk him Will.

willtill
08-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Stalk him Will.

He came down Dorsey road, about the same time I always head to the VFW at the end of my working day. Will try to make the same time tomorrow... and the next day... and the next...

:icon_wink:

shooter
08-03-2016, 07:44 PM
You're the man Will. YOU CAN DO IT!!! GET OUT ON HIM!!! TAKE HIM TO SCHOOL!!! Sorry Will , I got kinda worked up. Good luck buddy. Make him eat some Zuki exhaust for supper.

shooter
08-03-2016, 07:45 PM
No doubt. I'll be ready for him next time. I think he's local and was on the way home from work. :icon_wink:

Here's a gratuitous pic tonight of my DR... I LOVE this bike! :yes:

http://i65.tinypic.com/i2k30w.jpg

I bet that's great around town. Looks light and nimble.

willtill
08-03-2016, 08:43 PM
I bet that's great around town. Looks light and nimble.

It's very fun to ride. It's actually a pig though, for a dual sport (but not as bad as a KLR) and it is very maneuverable in heavy street traffic and does not lack acceleration. I've opened the airbox on it and have re-jetted it, and with the DG exhaust,,, it's a real Hooligan bike :icon_mrgreen:

What's nice about this bike (my bike) is that you sit high in traffic and can see what's going on... people can see and HEAR you as well. I get a lot of loving looks at the bike (not of me I hope) as I blast down the streets and roads around here.

Easy bike to work on. Easy valve adjustments. Easy to get to everything on this bike.

It's a great bike. I can't say it enough. Will never part with it. :icon_cool:

willtill
08-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Here's another earlier pic of it in better light:

http://i63.tinypic.com/md1es1.jpg

BIGLRY
08-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Yea and you'll impress the pirate even more of ya pass him like this...........:icon_lol:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/novaman1965/selectfew1.jpg

deacon
08-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Here's another earlier pic of it in better light:

http://i63.tinypic.com/md1es1.jpg

Also have a DR mine like yours has never seen the dirt. I am running Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires on mine they are almost street tires ,think it handles better.might give you the edge next time!

shooter
08-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Will can do that. I could too 40 years ago. I'm not even as good once as I used to be. My bike looks good though.

stroguy
08-03-2016, 09:11 PM
An Air Force patch on the headlight probably would have given you that extra ooooooommmmmmmmf to get the lead. Just saying.

shooter
08-03-2016, 09:36 PM
You missed the whole thing. Go back to sleep. Me , Larry and Will has got this. Will's gonna stalk him and kick his azz with that little Zuke. He's out practicing his launch as we speak.

BIGLRY
08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Will's gonna stalk him and kick his azz with that little Zuke. He's out practicing his launch as we speak.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-16-2015/7mmJk5.gif

willtill
08-03-2016, 10:06 PM
An Air Force patch on the headlight probably would have given you that extra ooooooommmmmmmmf to get the lead. Just saying.

Huh? Air Farce patch? :icon_lol:

:icon_mrgreen:

shooter
08-04-2016, 12:51 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-16-2015/7mmJk5.gif

That's the other guy Larry!!!

shooter
08-04-2016, 12:52 AM

WOOOO!!! Air Farce. That's bad Will.

53driver
08-04-2016, 09:11 AM

WOOOO!!! Air Farce. That's bad Will.

"Air Farce"
"chAir Force"
"It's a great way of life" - not "An adventure"
My baby sister was Air Force.....'nuff said.
:icon_mrgreen: :stirthepot:

shooter
08-04-2016, 09:31 AM
"Air Farce"
"chAir Force"
"It's a great way of life" - not "An adventure"
My baby sister was Air Force.....'nuff said.
:icon_mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Didn't you tell me it was like assisted living.

stroguy
08-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Yous guys are gonna make me cry...stop it.

willtill
08-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Yous guys are gonna make me cry...stop it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2h69iki.jpg

stroguy
08-04-2016, 12:47 PM
I need a time out, you guys are stressing me....

shooter
08-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Its OK big guy. Next time don't let your mouth overload your azz.

GaTeach
08-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Wait are we making fun of the air force or are we making fun of pirates? I had an HD guy talk Goldwings at the gas station today. He loved SG and said I made him feel like a real sissy. lol

shooter
08-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Sometimes Teach these threads evolve. We was making fun of HD's then Stro insulted Will so 53 had to shut him down.

stroguy
08-04-2016, 07:55 PM
And I've been in bed all day..............drinking hot toddy's.

53driver
08-04-2016, 08:09 PM

How to Tell the Difference Between the Branches of the US Armed Forces!

If you give the command "SECURE THE BUILDING", here is what the different services would do:

The NAVY would turn out the lights and lock the doors.

The ARMY would surround the building with defensive fortifications, tanks and concertina wire.

The MARINE CORPS would assault the building, using overlapping fields of fire from all appropriate points on the perimeter.

The AIR FORCE would take out a three-year lease with an option to buy the building.

shooter
08-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Dang I like you 53. I don't care who you are that's funny right there.

shooter
08-04-2016, 08:14 PM

Lesson learned?? Don't mess with the Marines.

53driver
08-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Lesson learned?? Don't mess with the Marines.

Yeah, but if you want to see something really special?
Watch a bar fight between say, Marines and Soldiers....then when a civilian group joins in, watch the Army and Marines do a quick Joint Ops Demo on the civs.
Then buy each other beer afterwards, forgetting all about what the original ruckus was about.