PDA

View Full Version : Lasers and decals. Oh my...!

willtill
08-05-2016, 10:40 AM
These are pretty COOL !!! Put a set of these on the back of the F6B..... :yes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-Logo-Motorcycle-Laser-Projector-Ghost-Shadow-CREE-LED-Logo-Light-/291677732978?

Also I guess we'll never get Hambly to make any more billet side emblems.. so I have been looking for something else to substitute. I found these on Ebay, the 60mm size should replace the current Honda sidebadge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Punisher-Batman-Avengers-Car-Steering-Wheel-Center-Hub-Cap-Emblem-Badge-Stickers-/301753855999

GiddyupF6B
08-06-2016, 08:59 AM
I just bought 2 Punisher 60mm...thanks for the link!!!!

Nightwing_67
08-06-2016, 11:29 AM
I liked what Hambley did. ..i just wish i had join the forum earlier, so i wouldn't have missed out.
What size would they be?

willtill
08-08-2016, 10:24 AM
I liked what Hambley did. ..i just wish i had join the forum earlier, so i wouldn't have missed out.
What size would they be?

Are you asking what size Hambly's billet badges were? I think they were the same size as the Honda OEM badge' roughly 2.5"

I just ordered a set of the Punisher badges from the above link that I posted, as well as a white Punisher LED laser projection "thingamajig". I think Steve had some sort of LED projector on his previous F6B as well....?

Nightwing_67
08-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Are you asking what size Hambly's billet badges were? I think they were the same size as the Honda OEM badge' roughly 2.5"

I just ordered a set of the Punisher badges from the above link that I posted, as well as a white Punisher LED laser projection "thingamajig". I think Steve had some sort of LED projector on his previous F6B as well....?

Yeah, I was wondering the size of the badge. I saw 55mm and 60mm. I purchased a set of the projectors as well, just trying to decide in the badge issue. The punisher should look awesome. I went with the Batman that matches the one on my windshield.

willtill
08-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I was wondering the size of the badge. I saw 55mm and 60mm. I purchased a set of the projectors as well, just trying to decide in the badge issue. The punisher should look awesome. I went with the Batman that matches the one on my windshield.

You will want to order the 60mm ones...

Steve 0080
08-08-2016, 06:33 PM
As some have seen I have the Bat Man logo on the back of my F6B. I have sold the B but retained the Bat Man light. If anyone would like to have what I have left I will mail it to first person to PM with a name and address!

willtill
08-08-2016, 06:47 PM
As some have seen I have the Bat Man logo on the back of my F6B. I have sold the B but retained the Bat Man light. If anyone would like to have what I have left I will mail it to first person to PM with a name and address!

Steve,
where did you mount that thing? Up under the wheel well somehow?

Steve 0080
08-08-2016, 06:52 PM
On the bolt that holds the tag light! Just a cheap hurricane hanger that I drilled a hole into.

willtill
08-08-2016, 07:12 PM
On the bolt that holds the tag light! Just a cheap hurricane hanger that I drilled a hole into.

Noted! Thanks...

Steve 0080
08-08-2016, 11:53 PM
My Bat Man light has a new owner!

dh2253
08-09-2016, 09:28 PM

Okay WAY off-topic but Middletown? I spent every other week up there for a a year in 2011-2012. Was consulting for MediaCom. Beautiful country!!

Nightwing_67
08-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Okay WAY off-topic but Middletown? I spent every other week up there for a a year in 2011-2012. Was consulting for MediaCom. Beautiful country!!
There is some nice riding scenery here, go up towards the catskill mtns or in PA...ive lived in Middletown about 15 years now. I was born and raise in Rockland County. Still work there.

Cool Hand Luke
08-10-2016, 09:07 PM
There is some nice riding scenery here, go up towards the catskill mtns or in PA...ive lived in Middletown about 15 years now. I was born and raise in Rockland County. Still work there.

Small world. I lived in Nyack! Bear mountain was great as well as Harriman State Park.

I've been down south for two decades now.

willtill
08-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Just got the Punisher laser and the steering wheel hub covers in from China. 4 covers for like $9.99 ...not too bad ...seem to be of fairly good quality.

I had first removed the original Honda side badge but did not like the flat mounting surface with the hole behind it (the china badges are concave on the inside and affixed with a 3m tape type adhesive. So I put the Honda OEM badge back on and just applied the Punisher badge over it:

http://i63.tinypic.com/4q64d2.jpg

Hopefully they'll stay on the Flat Matte Silver F6B, because we all know they are the fastest color and the badges could get ripped off in the robust windblast that envelopes this mighty, mighty machine. :icon_mrgreen:

I shall play with the laser Sunday... since it seems that rain is forecast all day :icon_frown:

Greg O
08-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Just got the Punisher laser and the steering wheel hub covers in from China. 4 covers for like $9.99 ...not too bad ...seem to be of fairly good quality.

I had first removed the original Honda side badge but did not like the flat mounting surface with the hole behind it (the china badges are concave on the inside and affixed with a 3m tape type adhesive. So I put the Honda OEM badge back on and just applied the Punisher badge over it:

http://i63.tinypic.com/4q64d2.jpg

Hopefully they'll stay on the Flat Matte Silver F6B, because we all know they are the fastest color and the badges could get ripped off in the robust windblast that envelopes this mighty, mighty machine. :icon_mrgreen:

I shall play with the laser Sunday... since it seems that rain is forecast all day :icon_frown:

The punisher decals look great, just ordered some to cover my round Honda emblems. Is there any trick to sticking them on so they stay perfectly and how do you get them straight.

willtill
08-19-2016, 07:35 PM
The punisher decals look great, just ordered some to cover my round Honda emblems. Is there any trick to sticking them on so they stay perfectly and how do you get them straight.

No tricks required. Just make sure the surface of the Honda badge is clean. When you get the Chinese Punisher badges.... just peel off the backing and eyeball her and line 'er up and set her down. :icon_cool: Then just firmly push all around the surface of said badge. :yes:

Dirtstiff's F6B
08-19-2016, 07:46 PM
Good lead, Will. Thanks.
The punisher is my thing and goes great with my skull graphics.
And 9 bucks for 4 is very reasonable, so I bought 8....
Pretty decent quality too.

Jim

Audiochris90
08-22-2016, 08:13 AM

Ok so how do it work?
Does it shine on a car or what?

Audiochris90
08-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Good lead, Will. Thanks.
The punisher is my thing and goes great with my skull graphics.
And 9 bucks for 4 is very reasonable, so I bought 8....
Pretty decent quality too.

Jim

You want to sell 2?

willtill
08-24-2016, 06:13 AM
Steve,
where did you mount that thing? Up under the wheel well somehow?

Noted! Thanks...

Steve, did you do anything special to keep the rear wheel from throwing debris/road spray on the lens of the laser... as it was installed inside of the back of the read fender area? Or am I misunderstanding the point where you actually mounted it?

If inside of the rear fender area, I'm thinking that there needs to be some sort of deflector installed to keep it from being pummeled by rear tire debris?

Steve 0080
08-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Never had an issue with debris, water on the other hand, atleast the one I owned was a no no. If riding in the rain I just took power away from the light and plunged it back in when dry.

To answer other questions, it is best to buy the light, put power to it and see how it works. Then go about mounting it. Its easy once you have it in hand!

willtill
08-24-2016, 08:26 AM
Never had an issue with debris, water on the other hand, atleast the one I owned was a no no. If riding in the rain I just took power away from the light and plunged it back in when dry.

To answer other questions, it is best to buy the light, put power to it and see how it works. Then go about mounting it. Its easy once you have it in hand!

Thanks Steve! I think I am going to waterproof the entire unit with a sort of epoxy, or another method.

I did play with it over the weekend too...! :icon_cool: the "Punisher" image projected on the ground is amazingly sharp and clear. And you don't have to raise it very high either, to get a nice footprint of it behind the bike.

Greg O
08-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Just received the Punisher badges that go over the round Honda side badges. The install was simple. They look like they will hold up nicely. This really sets off the bike. Thanks Wiltil.

willtill
08-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Just received the Punisher badges that go over the round Honda side badges. The install was simple. They look like they will hold up nicely. This really sets off the bike. Thanks Wiltil.

You're welcome. :icon_wink: Sometimes "cheap" is actually good :icon_cool: